Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 128960 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.5 or V6.5 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 03:52:26 pm »

Dunno. I always just figured that very few people liked the Lunarians that were actually living on the moon.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

I don't see why not in principle. In detail though, what would their power level be? A lot of people don't like the Lunarians on the Moon because they're overpowered (or plain underwhelming in the case of the normal moon rabbits). We've been used to Gensokyo residents being way above mortals in the outside world but many people couldn't swallow "oh btw, there's a race who are way above the Gensokyo residents and they live on the Moon." when it came out with little warning. Apparently people didn't consider Eirin's stunt in IN to be overwhelming and it wasn't until CoLA that it was revealed she also messed with the orbital period of the moon just to screw up invaders.

So then if you want to be true to their power level, you need to make them megabeasts or such. If you don't care about that detail, then you can add them anywhere.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 01:23:43 pm »

I say change the name to Suika-Den...get it...like Suikoden...but with suika...and it's a den...and... ...ok...I need to lay off the coffee

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:41 am »

You should totally have Lily White spawn at the start of spring, as some peaceful entity.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:04 am »

Uh hey, just noticed that it's been over a week since my turn and half a week since T34G3 said he couldn't take his turn so passed it to Serpetarius. Is this game still on or do we need to shift to Totaku's turn?
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »

Uh hey, just noticed that it's been over a week since my turn and half a week since T34G3 said he couldn't take his turn so passed it to Serpetarius. Is this game still on or do we need to shift to Totaku's turn?

Yes, the game is still going on at the MotK forum. I plan to inform everyone later today about what Serp told me. I had been very busy over the last few days fiddling with many things including dealing with the return of an old friend of mine who runs a comic that I use to participate in years back.

Anyways.... I would like to inform you all that I recently decided that I'm considering adding Inabas as another race in the game. I would see them living in a simalar matter like Elves, but possibly live in a simlar setting  like the humans and kappas. Not sure how I plan to set them up just yet. But I'll put something together in the weeks to follow...
You should totally have Lily White spawn at the start of spring, as some peaceful entity.

That would be the most fitting thing if only it was possible. But alas she would only appear in the Spring in any given time. Anyways, like I've said before until some things start coming together on Toady's side, I haven't considered putting the Touhou charaters in yet since I want them to be different.

But hey as soon as creatures of the night come into play and assuming they are editable.... I should have an chance to throw in some actual Touhous.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:33:17 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:49 pm »

That would be the most fitting thing if only it was possible. But alas she would only appear in the Spring in any given time. Anyways, like I've said before until some things start coming together on Toady's side, I haven't considered putting the Touhou charaters in yet since I want them to be different.

But hey as soon as creatures of the night come into play and assuming they are editable.... I should have an chance to throw in some actual Touhous.
When/if you put them in (actual characters, not yukkuri), will they be at full power, at hiso tensoku power, or at on of the shooters' powers?
Or will the absurdly strong ones never appear at all?
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2010, 07:54:45 am »

When/if you put them in (actual characters, not yukkuri), will they be at full power, at hiso tensoku power, or at on of the shooters' powers?
Or will the absurdly strong ones never appear at all?

When I do put the charaters in, it'll likely when Toady finally make some head way with the magic system (which is a few years down the road). Because my main goal will be to use what I know about the charaters, and spellcards form my experience of playing the games and apply them to the actual game.

Though to be fair, I would probably have to simplify them because I could not possibly imagine DF being able to process alot of magical actions occuring at once.

But then again we don't know what magics going to imply all together so it may be wishful thinking on my end.

But here are something I'll put together explain some things I have in mind assuming magic will be customizable and workable once it's release.

Spoiler: Big list of ideas (click to show/hide)
There's many other things I want to consider but I will say for the time being, I do have some actual Touhou canidates in mind...

With creature of the night being an important adventure mode feature. This will allow me to begin a testing ground for certain TOuhou charaters.

For example:
So as you can see based on some of the ideas Today has been putting together I may have a way to introduce Touhous into this. Just not alot for now. They'll mainly serve as a testing ground for future charaters.

The canidates I have in mind are: Rumia, Mystia, Yamane, Hina, Wriggle and maybe Remilia

Though to be honest, I rather save Remilia for incase Toady decides to make something like a dark overlord that rules in a mansion of some sort. Then I would have something new planned for that. ^^ Imagine a mansion full of armed maids and Remilia being like the dark overlord ruling over them and if I can mixes others in, then  Sakuya, PAtchouli and Meiling can be worked into the mix. :P

Like I said before alot of this stuff is in long term planning, but at least there's a good chance I could include some Touhou charater eventually once the night creatures are put in. I just hope these night creatures are "pyshical creatures" and not something like a entity like a god or something, otherwise this plan would go to waste.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:08:56 am by Totaku »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2010, 08:10:31 am »

For example:
Some victims can end up drained as subvillains or slaves in the same way a bandit leader has subordinates

Does anyone think of certain youkais that can do this? And of course there's also Remillia.

Can be cursed by night creatures when you put them down

Does that not sounds like something that could happen if you attempt to kill Hina?
Remilia cannot do that. It's part of her canon that she's a light eater so can never drain enough blood to kill a victim. Most she can do is make them feel anemic. If you need a vampire who can do that, there's always Kurumi (PC-98). As for Hina... a technicality: how do you kill a doll goddess? Sure, you'd get cursed when you attack her, but I don't see how you can kill a goddess.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2010, 08:44:01 am »

For example:
Some victims can end up drained as subvillains or slaves in the same way a bandit leader has subordinates

Does anyone think of certain youkais that can do this? And of course there's also Remillia.

Does that not sounds like something that could happen if you attempt to kill Hina?
Remilia cannot do that. It's part of her canon that she's a light eater so can never drain enough blood to kill a victim. Most she can do is make them feel anemic. If you need a vampire who can do that, there's always Kurumi (PC-98). As for Hina... a technicality: how do you kill a doll goddess? Sure, you'd get cursed when you attack her, but I don't see how you can kill a goddess.
It could just be represented differently, like in Fairy Wars, where Cirno is fueled by motivation rather than health.

You'd just need to change the itemcorpse to something more appropriate to a goddess that's fed up with Suika's shenanigans.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2010, 08:56:17 am »

True, there are alternatives which work well, such as "Avatar of Misfortune" in the form of Hina or saying Hina is possessing something suitable which leaves behind a suitable itemcorpse when Hina is ejected.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2010, 09:04:38 am »

For example:

Yeah, I nearly forgot about that part about Remilia, all her servants are alive and well when I think about it. And choose to work for her under thier own accord. So yeah, I might as well toss her out of this plan. :P Everyone else is still good.

And also if you read a bit about night creatures, they can't be killed by normal methods. So straight out beating up Hina should not kill her permamently. She would eventually come back for some more (and most likely retaliate!) If there is a way to make the said night creature not killed by special means....then it would practically make it an eternal being! Thus it would be simalar to a god. :P Course if this could work on her....I could imagine making mokou a possible charater to! Just without the minons or slaves bit......

But yeah like I said, this is going to more or less serve as a testing ground for future plans. So these Touhous may not be final in terms of where they will be placed game wise. And it's all going to be on the back burner for a while until Today gets far enough that we can finally have the night creatures.
For example:

It could just be represented differently, like in Fairy Wars, where Cirno is fueled by motivation rather than health.

You'd just need to change the itemcorpse to something more appropriate to a goddess that's fed up with Suika's shenanigans.

Well that's an interesting thought, though I'm still need to figure out one key problem then... body parts. Sure we could hack them apart that way, but their body parts don't exactly become corpse items (unless maybe you like probably with a whole lot of work on changing specific body parts, haven't tried so I don't know.) For the majority of Gensokyo this would be ok I guess since they can regenerate. But for the certain key humans (like Reimu, Marisa and Keine[yes I count her as one even though she's half a one), and maybe the Enieitei team excluding the immortals, this wouldn't quite work. Not in my book. My main goal was to try to keep it on a somewhat canon aspect. Though I know not all of it can work. But hopfully in the long run there can be a solution to some of these situations that are brought up.

For right now, my current objective is to consider adding in new creatures and the Inaba race like I discussed before hand.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:06:41 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 05:22:51 pm »

Alright, I'm here with a new update.

Right now I'm busy adding in some new creatures.... rather different this time compared to the usual.... My main plan right now is to add very youkai and other wild life that have become part of the Gensokyo universe.

Currently I've turned to focus on some critters of the underground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some other idea I have in mind are possibly adding in Kedamas and wild faires. I want to make faires an actual race, but I'm unsure how flying races handle when they aren't a playable race and if they even function.

Also considering ghost faries and ghostly spirits for the underground. Course the big question is how will thier bodies be handle. I would treat them like a gas. But one puncture and pop! Sure they need to be weak, but come on, that a bit too weak (which is why I can't allow Unzan in the game.

Also I realized the Mima yukkuri never got her megabeast tag so it never appeared in the game. That should be fixed by the next release.

Any other advice on this part will help since it's all in production still.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2010, 08:34:04 am »

Also considering ghost faries and ghostly spirits for the underground. Course the big question is how will thier bodies be handle. I would treat them like a gas. But one puncture and pop! Sure they need to be weak, but come on, that a bit too weak (which is why I can't allow Unzan in the game.
But fairies ARE that weak.
The unnamed ones, anyway.
Fairies would be like that but have [LITTERSIZE:10:50] or something.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »

But fairies ARE that weak.
The unnamed ones, anyway.
Fairies would be like that but have [LITTERSIZE:10:50] or something.
Some of those stage 6 fairies are pretty mean though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33