Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129004 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.5 or V6.5 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2010, 05:54:27 pm »

Also considering ghost faries and ghostly spirits for the underground. Course the big question is how will thier bodies be handle. I would treat them like a gas. But one puncture and pop! Sure they need to be weak, but come on, that a bit too weak (which is why I can't allow Unzan in the game.
But fairies ARE that weak.
The unnamed ones, anyway.
Fairies would be like that but have [LITTERSIZE:10:50] or something.
Some of those stage 6 fairies are pretty mean though.
I am of course speaking generally.
because of Imperishable Night's zombie fairy monstrosity, just before Mokou.
It isn't a midboss. It isn't named. It doesn't even have a healthbar.
It's more of a pain then EX-Keine.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »

SOME fairies are very weak, yes. But even they're not so weak that a strong wind would VAPORISE them - which is what a body made of gas would be. They're also not so weak that they die from tripping on a rock or getting pecked by a bird. They get one-shot, but that's by a veteran protagonist character and there is nothing to indicate that they actually died as opposed to having been removed from the combat. Mid-bosses and even the player character also 'pop' when they 'die' in Touhou games.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2010, 01:29:36 am »

SOME fairies are very weak, yes. But even they're not so weak that a strong wind would VAPORISE them - which is what a body made of gas would be. They're also not so weak that they die from tripping on a rock or getting pecked by a bird. They get one-shot, but that's by a veteran protagonist character and there is nothing to indicate that they actually died as opposed to having been removed from the combat. Mid-bosses and even the player character also 'pop' when they 'die' in Touhou games.
No, but the idea of them being that weak is still funny.
They'd be like the Rinnosuke Yukkuri.
and i think its stated somewhere that they in fact die, but almost instantly respawn.

and in 6, i believe it is implied that you killed everyone in the first 4 stages, then Remilia implies that you killed Sakuya.

Veteran my ass. She doesn't even try, and throws pieces of paper. Granted, they ARE magically charged, but they're still paper.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2010, 05:54:16 am »

No, but the idea of them being that weak is still funny.
They'd be like the Rinnosuke Yukkuri.
and i think its stated somewhere that they in fact die, but almost instantly respawn.
Right, making it that way for humour value is understandable. I thought you were trying to make it accurate.

and in 6, i believe it is implied that you killed everyone in the first 4 stages, then Remilia implies that you killed Sakuya.
No, it was only implied you killed Sakuya and the ending shows this wasn't the case anyway.

Veteran my ass. She doesn't even try, and throws pieces of paper. Granted, they ARE magically charged, but they're still paper.
Ok, there is no point in me continuing this discussion at too deep a level. Your opinion has been noted.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2010, 07:01:29 am »

oh god that zombie fairy provokes the most hilarious reactions from unsuspecting players.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »

This looks like an interesting mod but trying to download it gives me an error about the file not being compressed right or something, is anyone able to get it to download right?

I'd want to command a legion of Suikas :(

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2010, 12:06:57 am »

This looks like an interesting mod but trying to download it gives me an error about the file not being compressed right or something, is anyone able to get it to download right?

For the lols, should I merge this mod with Patchouli's Gardens of Gensokyo mod?
Also the download worked fine for me, and probably fine for Patchouli and Psieye

Also Rumia and Meiling believe that you are tasty.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2010, 06:03:01 am »

Also the download worked fine for me, and probably fine for Patchouli and Psieye

Odd, I've tried it about 5 times now. The first 3 or so it just instantly downloaded, so I tried wiping the cache and made it actually download. But when I did it always has an error asking me to confirm that the compression if corrupted or something. The game will run, but everything constantly flickers and stuff, which makes it kind of unplayable.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2010, 06:11:09 am »

Odd, I've tried it about 5 times now. The first 3 or so it just instantly downloaded, so I tried wiping the cache and made it actually download. But when I did it always has an error asking me to confirm that the compression if corrupted or something. The game will run, but everything constantly flickers and stuff, which makes it kind of unplayable.
Oh, you wanna change the print mode to 2D, for some reason tokatu's got it on partial_2

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2010, 06:16:45 am »

When you unzipped it did you get any kind of error? I thought it was because the download was corrupted or something.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2010, 06:23:28 am »

When you unzipped it did you get any kind of error? I thought it was because the download was corrupted or something.
no errors for me. What OS are you using? what version is the OS?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.6 or V6.6 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2010, 06:34:34 am »

The flickering is due to the print mode setting I put it on to play the game on my mac. Since Partial:0 seems to work fine for me. (since the mac version is now dead I can only depend on the PC version via emuator to do my mod work.)

PARTIAL:0 seems to cause some serious issues for some players because of how the set up works on thier computers.

So I decided to change that to 2D now with the new version update which means yes. I now have updated Suika Fortress for 0.31.16 now since it seems playable.

or V6.6: Made the move to 0.31.16 and reconfigured everything to match the current version since the Suika Fortress mode in this version is deemed playable. Due to a series of complains I recived about 0.31.12's flickering issue, I decided to set the default print mode to 2D instead of Partial: 0 or 2 since it was the main culprit causing the flickering for some player. Course if you want to use truetype you'll still have to go to the init menu to change it....

Also I finally fixed all the known errors I kept having with the Mima Yukkuri that prevented her from appearing or appear too early. And I've also added in new creatures, hell cats and hell ravens to make your undergrond exploration more....FUN.

As usual, you can download it here.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1601
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:45:39 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.6 or V6.6 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2010, 06:36:21 am »

Crap I seem to press the wrong button (wish I could erase this post), but anyways yeah the download is up for everyone
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:38:05 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2010, 06:39:42 am »

The flickering is due to the print mode setting I put it on to play the game on my mac. Since Partial:0 seems to work fine for me. (since the mac version is now dead I can only depend on the PC version via emuator to do my mod work.)

PARTIAL:0 seems to cause some serious issues for some players because of how the set up works on thier computers.

So I decided to change that to 2D now with the new version update which means yes. I now have updated Suika Fortress for 0.31.16 now since it seems playable.

or V6.6: Made the move to 0.31.16 and reconfigured everything to match the current version since the Suika Fortress mode in this version is deemed playable. Due to a series of complains I recived about 0.31.12's flickering issue, I decided to set the default print mode to 2D instead of Partial: 0 or 2 since it was the main culprit causing the flickering for some player. Course if you want to use truetype you'll still have to go to the init menu to change it....

Also I finally fixed all the known errors I kept having with the Mima Yukkuri that prevented her from appearing or appear too early. And I've also added in new creatures, hell cats and hell ravens to make your undergrond exploration more....FUN.

As usual, you can download it here.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/submit.php?action=edit&eid=1601
your frontpage link is fine, but that url there is the link to the submit screen for it, and gives the "you don't have permission to do this" message.
Also could you please include a .bat file or something to erase every ._DS file.
also the above file says it's for 31.12, and the file is "Suika Fortress 0.31.12 win.zip". Is this a lack of edits to the DFFD page or the wrong link?
EDIT: the page hadn't changed yet
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:46:00 am by lolghurt »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2010, 06:43:05 am »

no errors for me. What OS are you using? what version is the OS?
Windows 7. Despite it giving me errors, everything seems to work fine.
And what are the odds that as soon as I get this downloaded, .16 version is up! Hooray!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33