Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!  (Read 140991 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!
« Reply #615 on: January 27, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »

Roguelike Mafia:  Let's do this here.

Irony's Original Idea
Person's Ideas
Toaster's Thoughts

My last post moved here:

Can I help balance/name things?

Absolutely.

I had another thought on this.  We could introduce classes.  Everyone picks one at game start, probably before they find out their alignment.  Each class gives a minor (generally) passive bonus that would differentiate the players a bit, and give them some control.  They'd still have to play based on what they looted, but some plays would be stronger than others.  I have a sample class list below the item list.

Everything is very subject to change.

I already changed the drop ratio to 60/25/10/5, since you'd almost always have an action to perform with just common drops (they're mostly one shots.)  The better drops give you some choice and access to stronger powers.

Anyway, the list so far:

Scrolls are one shot
Wands are three shot
Staves are unlimited use

Common:
Scroll of Roleblock
Scroll of Inspection
Scroll of Protection
Scroll of Tracking (Track player)
Scroll of Distraction (Target is redirected at random)
Scroll of Treasure (Target gains a common or uncommon item, 75/25)

Uncommon:
Amulet of Life Saving (One shot revive, doesn’t work on lynches)
Ring of Free Action (RB immunity)
Wand of Watching (Track)
Wand of Discovery (Inspect)
Wand of Guards (Protect)
Wand of Slowing (Roleblock)
Scroll of Blasting (Kill)
Scroll of Greater Treasure (Target gains an uncommon or rare item, 50/50)

Rare:
Staff of Inaction  (Roleblock)
Staff of Warding (Protect)
Staff of Scrying (Track)
Staff of True Sight (Inspect)
Wand of Doom (Kill)
Scroll of Solar Flare (Daykill)
Scroll of Ressurection (Revive other)
Scroll of Motivation (Target gains a vote next day)
Scroll of Gifts (May name any number of targets- each target is gifted per Scroll of Treasure)
Helm of Power (Extra Vote, limit 1)
Amulet of Necksaving (Prevent one lynch on you)
Amulet of Warding (Actions targeting you have a ⅓ chance of targetting someone else randomly)
Ring of Protection (Kills targetting you have a 50% chance to fail)
Shield of Death (If you are killed, the killer dies as well)

Artifact:
Armor of True Immunity:  Daykill and Roleblock Immune
Obsidian Sword of Death:  All your kills bypass protection
Cloak of Shadows:  Takes an extra vote to lynch you, but you are a miller
Adamantium Armor:  Kill immune, but takes one less vote to lynch you
Scroll of Endless Riches:  As Scroll of Gifts, but targets with Greater Treasure

Classes:

Thief:  Instead of questing, can choose to steal a random item from a player.  The action happens at dusk and can’t be directly blocked.

Warrior:  Kill actions have a 50% chance to bypass protections.

Mage:  Using a scroll has a 50% chance to not use it up.

Bard:  Starts with an uncommon instead of common.

Priest:  Starts with a protect scroll in addition to random common.

Ranger:  Has a 50% chance to bypass blocks.

Merchant:  When discarding an item, gets a random item one rank below in exchange.  Gets nothing for discarding a common.

Many items aren't balanced from a scum/town perspective, especially anything kill related.  There are obviously many things that could be added here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

I had another thought on this.  We could introduce classes.  Everyone picks one at game start, probably before they find out their alignment.  Each class gives a minor (generally) passive bonus that would differentiate the players a bit, and give them some control.  They'd still have to play based on what they looted, but some plays would be stronger than others.  I have a sample class list below the item list.
I like classes. Seems fair, except you might want it to be random, since picking a class will leave it a bit uneven. If everyone is random, then it'll be a lot easier to balance. Learn from BYOR 5.

Everything is very subject to change.

I already changed the drop ratio to 60/25/10/5, since you'd almost always have an action to perform with just common drops (they're mostly one shots.)  The better drops give you some choice and access to stronger powers.
Think of it like this:
60% = 3/5
25% = 1/4
10% = 1/10
5% = 1/20

Personally, I feel like this is too unbalanced towards rare items. It should be more like this:
75% = 3/4
20% = 1/5
4% = 1/25
1% = 1/100

Now, sure, you might think this is obscenely balanced away from rares, but I think that might be necessary. If it's 1 in 20 for getting a rare or artifact, then that's good enough.

Anyway, the list so far:

Scrolls are one shot
Wands are three shot
Staves are unlimited use
Wands should be random of 1-4 (it's less likely to be successful the more times it's used), or reduce it to 2. 3 is a majority of the game.
Staves should be set to 3, in order for it to be more balanced.

Common:
Scroll of Roleblock
Scroll of Inspection
Scroll of Protection
Scroll of Tracking (Track player)
Scroll of Distraction (Target is redirected at random)
Scroll of Treasure (Target gains a common or uncommon item, 75/25)
Nice, but could use more things. Consider potions, as then Mages wouldn't be overpowered. They act like Scrolls, but c

Uncommon:
Amulet of Life Saving (One shot revive, doesn’t work on lynches)
Ring of Free Action (RB immunity)
Wand of Watching (Track)
Wand of Discovery (Inspect)
Wand of Guards (Protect)
Wand of Slowing (Roleblock)
Scroll of Blasting (Kill)
Scroll of Greater Treasure (Target gains an uncommon or rare item, 50/50)
Amulet of Life Saving should be a rare, and should also work on lynches.

Rare:
Staff of Inaction  (Roleblock)
Staff of Warding (Protect)
Staff of Scrying (Track)
Staff of True Sight (Inspect)
Wand of Doom (Kill)
Scroll of Solar Flare (Daykill)
Scroll of Ressurection (Revive other)
Scroll of Motivation (Target gains a vote next day)
Scroll of Gifts (May name any number of targets- each target is gifted per Scroll of Treasure)
Helm of Power (Extra Vote, limit 1)
Amulet of Necksaving (Prevent one lynch on you)
Amulet of Warding (Actions targeting you have a ⅓ chance of targetting someone else randomly)
Ring of Protection (Kills targetting you have a 50% chance to fail)
Shield of Death (If you are killed, the killer dies as well)
Wand of Doom should be Wand of Death. (Not that it matters.)
Amulet of necksaving should be removed for the Amulet of life saving, which would cover both.
Don't make a scroll of resurrection. It'll end up badly.

Artifact:
Armor of True Immunity:  Daykill and Roleblock Immune
Obsidian Sword of Death:  All your kills bypass protection
Cloak of Shadows:  Takes an extra vote to lynch you, but you are a miller
Adamantium Armor:  Kill immune, but takes one less vote to lynch you
Scroll of Endless Riches:  As Scroll of Gifts, but targets with Greater Treasure
Cloak of Shadows seems underpowered for an artifact.

Classes:
Thief:  Instead of questing, can choose to steal a random item from a player.  The action happens at dusk and can’t be directly blocked.

Bard:  Starts with an uncommon instead of common.

Priest:  Starts with a protect scroll in addition to random common.

Merchant:  When discarding an item, gets a random item one rank below in exchange.  Gets nothing for discarding a common.
Thief is bad, as he can steal artifacts and others. There needs to be a chance to fail (probably 50%) in order for it to be fair.

I'd come up with some stuff, but I'm tried. Good night.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2011, 01:06:43 am »

I'd keep the names of wands, scrolls, and staves basically the same if they do the same thing. Using three different words to say the same thing is just confusing. In other words, just use "scroll of protection", "wand of protection", and "staff of protection". The different names are just silly.

Are you sure you want to make the list of items public knowledge? I'm not saying you should, I just want you to think about it.

Also, you COULD make players have to ID their items, although that gets into bastard territory very fast.

Artifacts should be immutable and impossible to destroy, although the owner can get rid of them.. generally.

Common:
Scroll of fire: All scrolls owned by targeted player burn to nothing.
Scroll of darkness: Other actions against target have a 50/50 chance of failing.
Scroll of enchant armor: Target gains additional 25% kill resistance.
Scroll of enchant weapon: Target's kill gain additional 25% chance to ignore kill resistance.
Wand of slow: Target's action that night is performed last. (A roleblock for some roles, does nothing for others. Mostly stop protections and roleblocks, so townies might just want to ditch this.)

Uncommon:
Wand of invisibility: Makes target untargetable by anything else. Can be used on yourself along with an additional item.
Amulet of preservation: All items can't be destroyed by outside sources
Scroll of speed: Target can use an additional action during the next night
Scroll of draining: Target's wands are drained of all charges.
Ring of true sight: Actions by you can target otherwise untargettable players.

Rare:
Scroll of recharging: Targeted player has all wands gain 2 charges.
Scroll of wishing: Pick any item. You now have it. Artifacts can't have more than one copy exist and have a 50/50 chance of not appearing on top of the no duplicates rule.
Scroll of destruction: All items of targeted player are destroyed.
Scroll of invulnerability: Target can't be killed this night.
Scroll of time stop: Night ends (roleblocks happen first, but everything else doesn't happen)
Amulet of reflection: All wands or staves aimed at you are reflected back to the user.
Wand of polymorpth: All items held by targeted player are replaced with random same-rarity items.

Artifact:
The One Ring: Can't be gotten rid of and is only distributed to townies. Each night can be used to make you untargetable and unkillable, but then has a 50/50 chance of publicly revealing that you have The One Ring and deactivating. Non-town players with The One Ring gain their own kill and additional vote. Townies can freely give The One Ring to another players (Did anybody else play LoTR Mafia like two years ago or whatever?)
Boots of Blinding Speed: Each night you can use two actions, but they have random targets. You do get told who got used with what.
Deck of Many Things: Pick a player and find out what card you drew that night! (Each night, generate a random item until you make a scroll, wand, or staff. The deck acts as that item for the rest of the night)
Legacy Weapon: Targeted player and everything they own disappears. Forever. This includes artifacts. Players killed this way don't roleflip. This isn't a kill and can't be protected against.
Brooch of the Phoenix: If you would die or be lynched, instead a random other player dies.

Web's renames and "oLS ideas are EXACTLY what I thought when I read you ideas, Toaster.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #618 on: January 28, 2011, 03:04:02 am »

Is Scroll of Greater Treasure capable of giving you a Scroll of Greater Treasure?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 28, 2011, 03:43:41 am »

Oh, this is going to be so awesome... Some thoughts:

Quote from: Toaster
I'd reduce those 50%s to 25%s or even less. I like the idea of classes, but 50% chance to bypass protection neutralises too many items (scum would pick this every time), and 50% chance to not use up a scroll will result in unbalanced amounts of wealth.

I understand why Wuba says they should be random, and yet I like the idea of one picking one's own class, like in a true roguelike. Maybe give an extra perk, like a common item, if the player chooses randomly or lets the mod choose for balance?

I'm also in favour of wands being 2-shot, but would prefer staves to be permanent.

Have you given thought to item sharing/trading? Say I announce on thread "I have a duplicated useful scroll, willing to trade for a different one", and handle specifics/transactions over PMs (would PMs be allowed in this game?).

Would a roleblock prevent you from using a scroll?

Each night, one can choose to Quest and receive an item (maybe with a chance to fail?) instead of/in addition to an action, yes? What restrictions would exist on this? Can I quest and do the Mafiakill on the same night?

Are you sure you want to make the list of items public knowledge? I'm not saying you should, I just want you to think about it.
I think the overall list of items that could exist should be public, yes.

Quote from: Person
Also, you COULD make players have to ID their items, although that gets into bastard territory very fast.
Oh gods, no. Very bastardly. Would also ensure no one acts N1 (except for the mafiakill) as everyone spends it IDing their first item(s).

Quote from: Person
Scroll of speed: Target can use an additional action during the next night
Scroll of draining: Target's wands are drained of all charges.
Scroll of recharging: Targeted player has all wands gain 2 charges.
Scroll of wishing: Pick any item. You now have it. Artifacts can't have more than one copy exist and have a 50/50 chance of not appearing on top of the no duplicates rule.
Scroll of destruction: All items of targeted player are destroyed.
Thoughts on these:
Scroll of speed: Should be a potion (same thing, one use, just a cosmetic change; speed should be a potion).
Scroll of draining: Should be "scroll of Cancellation" and maybe blank scrolls as well, but see "destruction" below.
Scroll of recharging: Should be "scroll of charging" (just cosmetic change).
Scroll of wishing: Should be a wand (as above, one-shot, work like a scroll, can't be charged, but should be a "wand of wishing", not scroll. Maybe a "magic lamp"?).
Scroll of destruction: Too evil/powerful; maybe give each item a 1/3 chance to save? Shouldn't destroy artefacts.

I think this idea has great potential!
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 28, 2011, 06:34:23 am »

I agree speed flavorfuly fits better as a potion, but I don't see the benefit, really. Making it a potion adds the problem of "how do I force someone else to drink my potion?" from the flavor department, so then of course you wind up making all the potions self-target only. But that's not a good way to balance an effect since most effects a player might want to effect themself, they will have effect themself, but mafia members might want to share (IE, self-target-only potions are a nerf to the mafia). And if it's an entirely flavor difference of potion vs scroll, what's the point of drawing the line in the first place if there's no benefit whatsoever? Nah, keep every one-shot as a scroll. And if everyone decides there must be potions, then make all the good effects potion (potion of enchant armor makes no sense, but do it anyways. Flavor can change it to 'potion of gain constitution')

I see no problem with scroll of draining if your only problem is that it's not in Nethack. I would make this a wand, but the effect is too good on a wand. Hell, the effect is already fairly nice as a 1-shot. And no, it really shouldn't blank scroll/potions since then you'd have player getting an item, only to have it be destroyed the turn they got it. That's unfun if it happens too often, which with the only scroll-destoyers on rare and only a few fairly rare wand destroyers, this shouldn't happen too often. I've decided my earlier "scroll of fire" suggestion would be unfun, so remove that. It's unfun and boring.

I wasted a wand of wishing in Nethack once because I wished for "2 blessed scrolls of recharging" instead of "2 blessed scrolls of charging", so yeah, I should of remembered that one.

If you're going to have a wand of wishing with only 1 charge and not be chargeable, what's the point of having it be a wand in the first place? Just to make things simple, 1-shots should always be scrolls. If there has to be an exception, wishing is memorable enough to make for this one to be "Magic Lamp", but I stand by scroll of wishing. I think Elona has wishing on scrolls, so again, if your only problem is that Nethack has /oWishing, that's not good enough.

Scroll of destruction is fine. It's only "evil" if the target has multiple passives, but this scroll is rare enough that random "lol, i desto ur items HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" won't be rampant, but common enough that you still have to watch out. And if your 1-shots are getting destroyed that often, perhaps you should just use them? I said earlier that artifacts should be immune to destruction and mutation.

Also, I think the public pool should have a free item stuck in it each day, free for the taking if somebody wants to go for it. To encourage people to actually make a grab for this loot, give a better-than-normal chance to not be common. If we go with Web's numbers, I'd be fine with 35%/55%/9%/1% (common, uncommon, rare, artifact). If more than one player goes for it, randomly pick one. The rest get nothing.

More items since I have loads of fun doing this. I'm trying to figure out how to make a "foo of bones to bananas" work. I was thinking a removal of the dead player's corpses, but that sounds kinda boring. (I want to reference everything eventually, so there you go Runescape)

Common:
Scroll of confusion: The next player you action is randomized in addition to whatever you did in the first place (I don't think confuse monster is an appropriate name here). Does not actually give you an action to use against anybody you want to confuse, however.
Scroll of object detection: You get a list of all items in the public pool of items.
Scroll of monster detection: You get a list of who targeted a player of your choice. (Wait, am I messing up which action is track again? Regardless, scrolls of tracking, watching, and patrolling are all fun)

Uncommon:
Ring of resist poison: Immune to poison. Note that gaining this item won't cure any poison you had when you put the ring on!
Amulet of clarity: Immune to confusion, hallucination, ect. Be careful to actually list everything this makes you immune to, but the general rule of thumb should be that if it causes you to change targets, you're now immune to it.
Wand of probing: Learn what items, if any, the targeted player has.
Wand of haste: Target's action that night happens before all other actions (this might result in a loop, but check all roleblocks. If the haster isn't going to be blocked, do the hastee's action, then do everything else.)

Rare:
Wand of poison: Poison target during the night. At the beginning of the next day (not the upcoming one), the target dies.
Wand of cloning: Gain copies of all your currently carried items except artifacts, wands of cloning, and anything that provides wishes.
Magic marker: Turn any scroll you carry into any lesser-rarity scroll of your choice.

Artifact:
Antimagic Mail: Scrolls, potions, and wands no longer function on you at all. However, you can't use any of those and your passive items and artifacts also don't function. If you want to use them, you're gonna have to ditch this armor.
Isochron Scepter: After you gain possession of this sceptor, you may sacrifice a common or uncommon scroll you own to gain a staff with that scroll's effect. Be warned: once a spell has been placed on this scepter, it can't be removed. If you gain this scepter with a spell already on it, you'll be able to detect what spell was placed on it.

Note about earlier stuff: Did I really type "ring of true sight"? What the heck, that should be "ring of see invisible".
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2011, 06:40:34 am »

Why no ring of invisibility?
Or at least a scroll?

One-shot bypass all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 28, 2011, 08:30:24 am »

I agree speed flavorfuly fits better as a potion, but I don't see the benefit, really. Making it a potion adds the problem of "how do I force someone else to drink my potion?" from the flavor department, so then of course you wind up making all the potions self-target only.
Throw it at them. I always assumed potions could be absorbed through the skin.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 28, 2011, 10:00:57 am »

Throwing potions is in ADOM, and works exactly in that way.  You could even throw potions of stat at anyone.  "The potion of strength breaks!  Suddenly the kobold looks stronger!"

Lots of good potential here.

Item classes- Item types (of at least consumables) should be standardized, so as to limit confusion.  That's why I specified how many uses scrolls/wands/staves have.  I'm not against limiting them to 1/2/3 uses- that probably is more balanced.  It's unlikely that a single item would see more than three uses anyway.  Random charges would make things less fun IMO- you'd annoy players who waste their night action.  If we differentiated scrolls and potions, I'd say make all potions self-only so there's an observable difference.  This isn't NetHack- we don't have to think of everything.  We *could* standardize ring and amulet effects, but that might hurt flavor too much.

You're also probably right on standardizing the name of common effects across item classes (scroll/wand/staff of protection)- I was just feeling creative.

Item destruction- Make artifacts immune and I don't see much problem with it.  Remember, the more items we have, the less likely each one is to appear.  On that note...

Item rarity- Lowering the rare item rate even further (per Web) is probably good.  Even commons can be interesting, and you'll almost certainly get at least one item a day to use, and one wand/staff can give you choices.  Further, should there be some sort of weighted drop rate within rarities?  For example, make scrolls of the common abilities weighted twice as much in the common pool to make them more likely?  Artifacts and maybe rares could remain equal weight.

Free item pool- I like the idea of seeding it.  Maybe drop two items in there at start, and one more every day?  The order of pool diving would be random, and you'd get a random item out of it.  The diving would happen at dusk, so the lynched player's items would be in there.

Classes:  I'm sure they need a balance pass.
Warrior and Ranger:  Probably do need a drop to 25%.
Wizard:  I'm not so sure on this one.  It only affect scrolls, not wands or staves.  If we added potions, it wouldn't affect those either.
Thief:  50% sounds too low.  Maybe a 75% chance and it can't steal artifacts?  100% and can only steal consumables?  (If there aren't any valid targets, you fail)

Choosing versus random:  I like the idea of random giving you a minor perk.  If they did choose, making them do it before they know their alignment would help balance town versus scum classes.

Trading:  I'm not sure on this one.  It certainly needs to be addressed for scum, though.  I get the feeling letting scum swap items freely would be too strong.  It'd at least have to be limited to night, so that a scum about to be lynched can't give away all his items.

Questing:  My thought was this was something everyone does by default, with you getting your item at dusk, so it's available that night.  Anyone could PM the mod and specify they want to dive in the free pool instead, and thieves could specify someone to steal from.  It'd be separate from day/night actions, and prevent you from neither.  (This gives a steady stream of items.)  As I said earlier, if you have two items already, your odds of getting a new item would drop (2/N chance of a new item.)  You could ditch items at dawn or dusk.

ID:  While it's integral to roguelikes, it won't fit here.  However, if we did a bastard mod version of this, just throw in cursed items...

Availability of the list:  Make all the commons through rares visible, with a selection of artifacts listed.  However, mod choice could add or subtract artifacts at will.  Additionally, at the beginning of each game, randomly select 10% of the items on the list- they will never be generated.  This could be limited to uncommons and rares.

Day abilities:  Should they be included?  I'm the only one that listed them.  If day kills/inpects are too much, it could be limited to certain self-only actions (I think Magic Marker would be a good fit if we did that.)

Specific items:
Web:  You were saying something about potions, but it got cut off.  In any case, I fully agree there need to be more commons- that was a sample list.
AoLS:  You're absolutely right it should be a rare.  If we're making rares rarer, then I'm fine with it working on lynches.
Cloak of Shadows:  Probably. Make it a rare?  It's good for scum, though.

Scroll of enchant armor/weapon:  How long are those effects?  One night or rest of game?  If rest of game, they seem strong for commons.  Make it 33%, but uncommon?
Wand of Invisibility:  I'm not sold on allowing an extra action with it.
Amulet of Preservation:  Would that stop items being stolen?  I say no.
Scroll of Wishing:  I'd limit it to rares and below, but if the "don't generate X items" idea above is used, it CAN get those.
Scroll of Destruction:  Wouldn't work on artifacts.

Scroll of Greater Treasure:  Absolutely.  On the item-giving scrolls in general: should they be self-targetable?  I have an inkling of going against the grain here and making all items (even protects) self-targetable in this game.

Wand of Cloning:  Too strong for wand.  Use it two nights in a row and you have four copies of everything else.
Magic Marker:  There are so few uncommon scrolls that it should probably be equal or lesser.  How many times is it usable?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11:45 pm »

I went ahead and added all these items into a spreadsheet and put it here:

Item list

I put in some of the changes I mentioned above, and added two items:

(Uncommon) Scroll of Scrying: You are told all players who either action or are actioned by your target
(Rare) Scroll of Permament Scrying: You are told all players who either action or are actioned by your target for the rest of the game.

Any more thoughts?  I thought more about seeding the public pool, and I'm now against it- I think I'd rather just start it with 4 items, and guarantee that at least one is better than common.  Also, what about day actions?  So far, we have a (rare) daykill scroll, and that's it.

I'm going to try to flesh out the item list a bit more.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

Ring of Conflict: Everyone with a non-1shot has to use it. Attacks are done randomly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »

Hm.  Not sure how to balance that one.  Is it instead or in addition to their desired action?

For fun, here's what I've added since my last post:

Common:

Scroll of Detect Artifact: At the end of the night, you receive a count of all artifacts that are in the game.

Uncommon:

Scroll of Ill Will: The target has one of the following effects applied at random: roleblock, redirect at random, loss of a random item, or is poisoned.
Scroll of Blessing: The target has one of the following effects applied at random: protection, Scroll of Treasure, Scroll of Enchant Armor, Scroll of Enchant Weapon, or immunity to redirects.
Wand of the Guardian: You may guard another player.  The first time that player is targetted with a night kill, that kill is prevented.  You and the person who performed the kill die instead.
Scroll of Attraction: Choose two players.  Those two players will target each other with their actions tonight.
Scroll of Swapping: Choose two players.  All actions that would target one player target the other instead.
Scroll of Self Defense: You will kill the next person who actions you.  This effect lasts until it triggers.
Scroll of the Ninja Looter: You take all the items of the next player who dies.  Due to your thieving intent, you are a miller until this effect triggers.
Scroll of the Oracle: Choose three targets.  You will be told how many of them are town, but not which ones.
Wand of Hallucination: Choose two targets.  You project an illusion that makes it appear as though the the first target visited the second.

Rare:

Wand of Ill Will: The target has one of the following effects applied at random: roleblock, redirect at random, loss of a random item, or is poisoned.
Wand of Blessing: The target has one of the following effects applied at random: protection, Scroll of Treasure, Scroll of Enchant Armor, Scroll of Enchant Weapon, or immunity to redirects.
Ring of Mimicry: If any player actions you, you perform the same action on them.  You are not told which player actions you, though you will learn the name of any player that you perform an inspection action on.
Helmet of Telepathy: Once per night, independent of other actions, you may PM the mod a message and a player.  The mod will forward the message to that player.  The target will not know the originator of the message unless you tell them so in the message.
Ring of Communication: You may sacrifice this ring to open a Mason Chat with another player for the rest of the game.  This chat has no guarantee of alignment.
Wand of Attraction: Choose two players.  Those two players will target each other with their actions tonight.
Wand of Swapping: Choose two players.  All actions that would target one player target the other instead.
Scroll of Item Knowledge: At the end of the night, you receive a count of all the items each player has.
Ring of Plenty: Any player targetted by you gains a random common item.
Scroll of Exchange: Choose two players other than yourself.  At the end of the night, they exchange all items.
Wand of Disabling: Target player is roleblocked.  They may not action the following day, and their vote does not count.
Stone of Draining:If you are targeted by a wand or staff, it is reduced to zero charges.

Artifact:

The Golden Cornocopia: Every night, each player has a 50% chance to gain a random item via standard drop rates.  If you are killed, your killer gains possession of this.  If you are lynched, every player who voted for you gains an item via standard drop rate, and this item vanishes.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 07, 2011, 03:15:43 pm »

Common:

Scroll of Detect Artifact: At the end of the night, you receive a count of all artifacts that are in the game.

Called "Oracle Scroll" in Elona, I think.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 07, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »

I could rename it, but I'd have to then rename "Scroll of the Oracle."  Suggestions?

Do we have a DF reference in here yet?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »

Scroll of detect evil?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108