Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8001 8002 [8003] 8004 8005 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501934 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120030 on: June 05, 2021, 07:13:30 pm »

Car towed. $290 impound fee I cant really afford. So its 300. Got my car back though. I was told there was a fire hydrant, but there isn't one anywhere on that street. At fucking all. So I guess I'm just fighting the ticket, but who knows if I get the impound fee back. I just guess probably not. There is no hydrant or any kind of water hookup on that street anywhere near where I parked. Just for several blocks there isn't anything. No sign. No anything. Just car not where I parked it. Just a blank parking space when I come back. Other people park there. Sure, Im not camping there, but never seen anyone else have any problem.

So the ticket is a couple hundred on top of the impound fee. That just sucks. So like $600 plus something, and court costs if I fight it. So like $700 $800 something. It would have been more at $15 per day if I could not scrape up the impound release fee. That's like $105 per week. This is bullshit. I thankfully have a job, but so no public defender. I don't know if they do that anyhow. More stress great.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #120031 on: June 07, 2021, 05:32:55 am »

It's dawning on me that my trusty HTPC (that totally isn't a piracy proxy) has a dying boot SSD. Normally, I'd go "oh well, time to replace it!" but considering that I don't have physical access, I can't exactly do much about it apart from backing up its contents.

Now I get to see a computer basically dying in front of me, and I can't do anything about it. It's already showing 2 symptoms of disk failure; it's mounting read-only half the time, and it's showing some 3000 bad sectors on the SSD, rising on the last full self-test. I'm legitimately sad. I'm mourning over this computer already. It's like having a pet suffering from cancer; it's about the same situation for all I care.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120032 on: June 07, 2021, 09:14:45 am »

Had a hell of a day yesterday.

Don't think anything went right at all. I woke up depressed, fucked up a few times, and found out some things I thought had happened hadn't.

Then had an anxiety attack because my brain threw up its arms and said "Fuck all that shit then"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120033 on: June 07, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »

I can relate on both accounts...

My old collection of hard drives, which were on my old computer before selling it has started to fail and most movies and cartoons for pete are there. I have backed up as much to the laptop we have but there is simply no enough room, and that laptop is mostly for working now.

Internet has stabilized somehow, in the following fashion, during the day it's working from around 9:30 am to 5 or 6 pm. Then it comes around 3 am for half an hour or so.

Electricity goes out again for 3 or 4 hours everyday, and water, which in around 25 years hasn't been cut has been cut a couple of times last week....

Peter feel and had something on his shoulder, something about the soft part of his humerus, which required his shoulder immobilized for three weeks.

This ordeal consumed the last ounces of gas on the tank and the money for the groceries this month... so yeah. At least he is fine.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #120034 on: June 07, 2021, 07:09:29 pm »

The impregnable and pathological stigma and dichotomy of the moodys on society and normal people, and the misunderstanding of the subject by the people who regard them.

And that made me kinda sad.  It's been about three days now, really.

*kicks a rock*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120036 on: June 09, 2021, 09:14:49 pm »

I had a dream that my parents bought me a cute and clever T-shirt with a slogan saying something related to being enby on it:

1. off the rack in a normal (i.e. not queer) store
2. after deliberating which was cutest and picking it out for me
3. in public with me with them

Not in this lifetime, kiddo ... not in this lifetime ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #120037 on: June 10, 2021, 05:11:54 am »

I got sad today. It's a transient sadness in a steady signal of happiness, but a sad nonetheless. I'm more-or-less transcribing my feelings here for reference because I (as always) think there's some deeper meaning to it that I'm not getting.

I think the thing that triggered it this time is that I'm fucking lonely. Like, I have no physical friends, none that I can legitimately call "friends", none that I can legitimately trust enough to qualify them as "friends" rather than just "acquaintances". Bay12, you're wonderful people, but I guess it's just not the same. I have my own arguments against the concept, but I don't believe them well enough, it seems.

Then at some point, I expressed this feeling that I cannot be loved, that my work is not good enough for that. This time, the brain listened somewhat to reason. I reasoned with myself that no, external measures of validation are themselves not valid enough to measure self-worth. I'd accept the null hypothesis. The fact I don't have IRL friends is tangential to my self-perception of self-worth. I can choose that. Even if the idea was valid, the counterpoint to that would be, "If I'm trash, then I'm somebody's treasure."

I took a walk after taking one of many naps throughout my day (I blame the meds, but I did wake up at 4), and I realized that to transcribe it here, I feel the need to censor and omit many details. I may be on the side of oversharing, but there are certain details that I'm hesitant to reveal. I don't know if it's internalized whatever that I need to eradicate, if it's my desire for privacy and/or the inherent paranoia that does still influence me despite my best efforts. Am I wrong for doing so?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120038 on: June 10, 2021, 05:41:02 am »

If not this, then at least in the next one Vec. Born too early to be the first tea farmer, born too late to be the first orbital tea farmer; may as well be cute and clever

Also I feel that methyl. Though I am grateful for the friends I've got. There're many people I'd say I'm friendly acquaintances with but two handfuls of people are whom I'd call friends who I'd put my life on and for; amongst which two are my left arm and right arm. You can live without friends but they make life more colourful. I'd get a dog and/or cat in the meantime, take up gardening or fishkeeping, those usually scratch that itch for companionship when I'm far far away from any friends
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:43:55 am by Loud Whispers »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120039 on: June 10, 2021, 05:43:06 am »

If not this, then at least in the next one Vec. Born too early to be the first tea farmer, born too late to be the first orbital tea farmer; may as well be cute and clever

But on the plus side, we do live in the timeline with Tim Curry

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120040 on: June 10, 2021, 05:47:26 am »

Where did you gain such wisdom Kagus? I wish to learn it too

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120041 on: June 10, 2021, 06:49:29 am »

Who's that?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120042 on: June 10, 2021, 07:24:12 am »

I appreciate this. Thank you
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120043 on: June 10, 2021, 07:31:15 am »

Who's that?   
Rocky horror picture show guy, Hexxus in fern gully, probably some other stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #120044 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:16 am »

Who's that?   
BEHOLD!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 8001 8002 [8003] 8004 8005 ... 8168