Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8000 8001 [8002] 8003 8004 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501788 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120015 on: May 24, 2021, 04:16:24 pm »

Aw, poor doggo.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120016 on: May 24, 2021, 04:20:05 pm »

I love dogs

Sorry for your loss Baal
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120017 on: May 25, 2021, 02:04:32 pm »

I just realized that the problems and stresses that I face today are far less than the ones that I will most likely be assuming in the future.  The bad things that I know now, and horrible decisions that I have to make will only increase.

I'm feeling alright now, but I'll probably feel sad about it later.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120018 on: May 29, 2021, 11:18:35 pm »

I've been having some anxiety for the last few days, just an intangible sense of anxiety and guilt. I have a recurring intrusive thought of just wanting someone to just beat the shit out of me, just batter me bloody and senseless, so that I can bleed out the sense of guilt inside of me.

Today I was carting around my Mom and Sister, missed a turn, and went towards a parking lot to turn around. There was an oncoming car, but I thought "Fuck it" and just dove into the parking lot. It wasn't a close call, but it was certainly much riskier than that situation needed to be. It was perhaps the very last second where I could have turned safely, and I did it much more quickly and impulsively than was necessary. Now my sense of guilt has something tangible to latch onto, cause it's true that that was bad on my part, we could've been hurt, victimized by one of my shitty stupid mistakes that I seem compelled to make nearly every day now.

(EDIT: Driving really is the source of so much of my anxiety. I'm constantly trying to stay relaxed, but the very moment that something even remotely scary happens, my mind latches onto it and refuses to let go. Somebody flashed their brights behind me? What for? Time for my heart to start pumping hard. My sister open up the window unexpectedly and a gust of cold wind makes me jump very slightly? Time to beat myself up for not keeping my cool. Just anything going wrong at all, even if nothing went wrong, or the experience was purely subjective in nature, gets ballooned out of proportion by the fact that it occurred in a potentially lethal situation, and my mind lets me know and tortures me for it.)

Anyway, that's my sad post. I've been doing pretty good lately, factually speaking, in a purely objective sense I'm doing fine. I just wanted to write about this feeling, to hopefully exorcise it before I subconsciously self-sabotage myself again.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:26:07 pm by JoshuaFH »

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120019 on: May 29, 2021, 11:48:08 pm »

You're still doing good! Driving is one of the more sensible things to be anxious about, we all have something that eats at us. You didn't cause harm, though, not even to your car. You also thought on your feet and make a safe calculation, and that may be helpful when other risks come your way. I wouldn't suggest doing this often if it rattles you, but you know you can act when it counts, yeh?

All said, I'd sooner trust you behind the wheel than any random stranger I'd pick out in a car, since they all seem to be preoccupied with their phones.

I'm sorry you feel like you need to be hurt to justify the anxiety or guilt you're feeling and hope you find some action or tool you can use to get it in check.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120020 on: May 30, 2021, 01:50:26 am »

I've been having some anxiety for the last few days, just an intangible sense of anxiety and guilt. I have a recurring intrusive thought of just wanting someone to just beat the shit out of me, just batter me bloody and senseless, so that I can bleed out the sense of guilt inside of me.

Today I was carting around my Mom and Sister, missed a turn, and went towards a parking lot to turn around. There was an oncoming car, but I thought "Fuck it" and just dove into the parking lot.

Yeah, when you're driving, that is the wrong mind set to have.  Driving is perhaps the most dangerous thing that most people do every damn day.

I understand where you're coming from, I've been there, but driving is the time you have to say "Gotta stay alive.  Gotta keep everyone else alive.  This is all real.  I can doubt the meaning of life, existence, and everything when I'm not driving."

Does it help that a random internet guy is "beating you up over this?"  Not gonna judge on that one, just thought I'd point it out.

It is also perfectly normal to reflect upon prior your driving and say "ugh, cut it too close that time".  The key is that you're reflecting on a prior experience so that you can do better.  Again, driving is the most dangerous thing that you are constantly doing, so try to do it better is a good thing.

Since, like most people, you have to drive regularly, I'll also add that it is something that people generally get better at with time.  Less close calls, more comfort, etc.  But it is absolutely something to take seriously.

Also, I'm glad we're on a new page.  Reading over my prior post makes me sad, although its a truth with which I need to come to grips.  Sign of success that might come with more money and opportunities to help people, society, and everything.  Plus, gotta be the person I was born to be.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120021 on: June 01, 2021, 04:54:13 pm »

:( I'm so sorry...

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120022 on: June 01, 2021, 05:47:17 pm »

Precious thing, gone too soon, given time and care where it may not have seen as much. I'm sorry for you and I'm sorry for kitten. You gave it as much comfort as you could, gave it a warm and caring place to pass through.

That's how it is with pets, aye. I hope you're not too shaken yourself.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120023 on: June 01, 2021, 08:04:16 pm »

The stray black kitty...
I'm sorry for your loss. Having been there several times I know the heartbreak and empathize.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #120024 on: June 01, 2021, 08:17:52 pm »

I sympathize a lot too.  My family has seen a lot of cats over the decades, and many of them passed in a similar way.  It's shocking how emotional and attached we can get to pets, and I've cried over cats more than my own relatives.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120025 on: June 02, 2021, 10:20:52 pm »

Sorry that Nice Kitty never made it.  At least you tried, and made its life as happy and comfortable as possible in its last days.  If it helps, I generally believe that pets go to heaven too.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120026 on: June 03, 2021, 07:28:32 pm »

Today my lunch order disappeared into the aether, something that's already happened once this month.  Also lost a prescription like this, and had to bounce across town between the pharmacy and the doctor's office because every business uses a convoluted automated phone menu that barely works.

Honestly feels like I exist solely so other people can ignore me and forget about me.  Be unseen even when I'm right in front of them, be unheard even though I said the exact same thing three times already.  And then they get mad I'm being too loud, because apparently everyone's favorite hobby is avoiding being content as much as possible.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120027 on: June 05, 2021, 09:02:44 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:53:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120028 on: June 05, 2021, 10:09:29 am »

Yeah then I'll go back to work where I'm literally the same level of servant as them.

Either way its not about the minimum wage taco joint where their automated order system doesn't work, its anywhere I go.  I play life in spectator mode.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120029 on: June 05, 2021, 11:39:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:53:26 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 8000 8001 [8002] 8003 8004 ... 8168