Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7592 7593 [7594] 7595 7596 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530378 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113895 on: August 07, 2018, 01:26:27 pm »

Yup I live between two tourist lakes and there isn't a summer that goes by without an unsurveiled child, handicapped or drunk that drowns.

I mean, are these tourist lakes for recovering alcoholic disabled children?

There's another kind?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113896 on: August 07, 2018, 01:32:08 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:15:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113897 on: August 07, 2018, 01:34:17 pm »

The presence of a comma before “and” or “or” in a list, so as to avoid miscommunication.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113898 on: August 07, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:14:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113899 on: August 07, 2018, 02:02:32 pm »

watch your tone there, friend. we're all very much willing to give you advice while you're in a difficult place - which we're conviced you're in, when you say things like "I have nothing" or "fuck this planet, I can never understand it" - but don't mistake that for unconditional love. A lot of us have been in some pretty shit places in life, and won't take kindly to you lashing out.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that you're worried about a bit more than having a normal life; you're deeply unhappy, man, and we just want to help you get somewhere where you won't feel like horrific garbage anymore. If you don't really feel like that, well, everybody needs to vent sometimes, and we might have blown this out of proportion a bit. If you do, well...

Multiple times a week my dad tells me I need a job by x week and I need to be out of the house in like a year.  Outside of this house I have nowhere to go.  No one else to lean on, and the housing/rental market is so fucked that I'm never going to afford my own place.  Now I can count the number of times an employer called me back for an interview in my entire life with my own two hands, because its never reached the double digits.  In the last four months I'd just need one finger.  Out of hundred and hundreds of applications.  I am going to die in one year, its literally that simple.  Your advice to that is to just not worry about it and lie about how everything is perfect.  Lie about how I need food to survive.

Now lets pretend instead of getting employment, I'm just rolling a six sided die, numbered one through six.  I've rolled it a million times and its never given me a seven.  Your solution is to roll it another million times, and another million times.  It just didn't roll seven because I didn't believe hard enough that it would.

Fact of the matter is I did basically everything I could do correctly, but ultimately everything else outside of my control rolled up negative so I fail anyway.  That's how life works.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113900 on: August 07, 2018, 02:25:24 pm »

I started listening to old Runescape music on YouTube. That nostalgia hit strait to the heart, oh man.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113901 on: August 07, 2018, 02:30:39 pm »

Oh man, a friend of mine convinced me to actually load up oldschool Runescape about a month ago.  And more recently, to play his character briefly (so he didn't have to stop mining Ogres to eat).

Nostalgia?  There's a reason I'm never playing WoW- this game got such a grip on me, albeit briefly, that I just need to stay away from MMORPGs.
Also nostalgia though, yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113902 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:14:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113903 on: August 07, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »

I watched a guy go AFK and get killed by a goblin over the course of 30 minutes.

Hordes descended on his like those little dinosaurs from the second Jurassic Park movie. I got his rune helm.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113904 on: August 07, 2018, 03:10:14 pm »

blabla, or ?

I don't know why I was under the impression that was bad writing, I try to avoid them but often find myself stuck with them. I was under the impression that a logical connective is prefered to punctuation. I'll admit they often fit into place next to them and it get's me confused. I wonder tough where I snapped that up, I doubt it's different in german or french tough I'm very unsure.
It's because some people do consider it bad writing, and there are a few elitists who consider the Oxford comma a "common grammatical error". It's gotten a lot more accepted and supported in later years, and "general consensus" is that it's the better way of writing, as it lets you specifically designate breaks rather than having them just be inferred.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113905 on: August 07, 2018, 03:16:23 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:14:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113906 on: August 07, 2018, 04:19:51 pm »

I just found out that the first book in a series by one of my favorite childhood authors is getting a movie.

It's the first book in the wrong series, which didn't have the characters I liked so much.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113907 on: August 07, 2018, 04:32:24 pm »

"Let's go to the party with the strippers, JFK and Stalin!"

VS

"Let's go to the party with the strippers, JFK, and Stalin!"

Also, German doesn't use the Oxford comma. Explicitly so, it's warned against in a lot of learner material.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113908 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »

I just found out that the first book in a series by one of my favorite childhood authors is getting a movie.

It's the first book in the wrong series, which didn't have the characters I liked so much.
Which series?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113909 on: August 07, 2018, 05:45:52 pm »

Which series?
50 shades of grey, I surmise
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7592 7593 [7594] 7595 7596 ... 8169