Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7589 7590 [7591] 7592 7593 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530344 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113850 on: August 05, 2018, 11:04:03 pm »

My sister is still waiting on that one. We've successfully eliminated most high school maths, and there's no visible aptitude for computer science, so presumably, her specialty is in something more esoteric...
Creative fields? Also, some of the more operational kinds of work, such as CAD could be viable. I know personally that I'm not able to focus strongly on math as much as I am when designing things on a computer. That said, it's more the problem solving than the designing.

To summarize my post that I have a lot of feelings on: Applied problem solving may be a good area to investigate, as may the creative fields.

Honestly, best of luck to you and her.
That was more of a joke. We know she's a creative type, but she's not exactly rainman in anything that we know of. She might actually be extremely good at something, but she's been turned off of all of it for now (Actually CAD is a good suggestion, I'll have to ask her to look into that).

She's... well she's always been almost normal. If she were much weirder than she'd be comfortably in the "too weird" category, and most people would leave her alone or even find her charming. As it stands, her behavior is in that uncanny valley where she is normal enough that her little weird things bother her peers tremendously: she seems a lot like she should be normal, but isn't. It's kind of sad: she really likes people. being with people, talking to people, and all of that (a hell of a lot more than I do, for sure), but she has such trouble, especially with people her own age. There's almost never been a period where she hasn't been bullied, despite all the different schools.

Maybe things will be better for her in college. That's the hope, anyway. Things could also be awful, but she really is a friendly, relatable person. And kids like her (a lot more than they did when she was herself a kid, interestingly enough).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113851 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:32 pm »

Misko, I evangelize the shit out of cad, don't take my word too seriously, that's my view of it as something I can hyperfocus on. I'm not rainman at it, either. What I'm trying to say is, in my experience, it's not a godlike ability at something, it's an aptitude or a passion.

And Roboto, you are a human.  You deserve to live, to thrive. What I'm saying is basically take your favored passion and use it to improve your mental health or state of mind, to help defuse downward spirals, just not in a job context. If you don't have time, that's understandable though.l
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113852 on: August 05, 2018, 11:30:28 pm »

Barry Chuckle has died.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113853 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:35 pm »

Misko, I evangelize the shit out of cad, don't take my word too seriously, that's my view of it as something I can hyperfocus on. I'm not rainman at it, either. What I'm trying to say is, in my experience, it's not a godlike ability at something, it's an aptitude or a passion.

And Roboto, you are a human.  You deserve to live, to thrive. What I'm saying is basically take your favored passion and use it to improve your mental health or state of mind, to help defuse downward spirals, just not in a job context. If you don't have time, that's understandable though.l

Can confirm, am probably aspie, friggin love cad.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113854 on: August 06, 2018, 01:13:50 am »

Cards Against Deutschland?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113855 on: August 06, 2018, 01:22:39 am »

Yep. They know what they did...

... Actually, quite a lot. Huh. Joke doesn't quite work when the target actually has committed crimes against humanity.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113856 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:42 am »

... Actually, quite a lot. Huh. Joke doesn't quite work when the target actually has committed crimes against humanity.

Ve don't vish to talk about zat reich now.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113857 on: August 06, 2018, 04:54:33 am »

Ve don't vish to talk about zat reich now.
>.>
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113858 on: August 06, 2018, 05:43:09 am »

And Roboto, you are a human.  You deserve to live, to thrive.

Existence doesn't earn you anything in the United States.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113859 on: August 06, 2018, 05:50:42 am »

And Roboto, you are a human.  You deserve to live, to thrive.

Existence doesn't earn you anything in the United States.

Unless you're a Kardashian.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113860 on: August 06, 2018, 07:10:51 am »

A friend on another forum got unlawfully evicted and is living on a trailer (he lives in the US). Spent all day and night driving around trying to find a place to park and was denied because his trailer doesn't look good, and of course is an old crap that wasn't being used in year and all that he could get because he had a freaking house, hence no use for a trailer.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113862 on: August 06, 2018, 08:59:18 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113863 on: August 06, 2018, 09:33:03 am »

Ptw
The schadenfreude is strong in this one...

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113864 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:09 am »

Ptw
The schadenfreude is strong in this one...
I would argue but for some reason I annoyed more then sad today
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 7589 7590 [7591] 7592 7593 ... 8169