Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7587 7588 [7589] 7590 7591 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529820 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113820 on: July 31, 2018, 11:26:55 am »

It would evaporate if he were to convert it to bolivares, but I dooooon't think Baal is that stupid; you don't get to be the head system lord of the galaxy by being that dumb. ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113821 on: July 31, 2018, 11:29:12 am »

Yep, basically any coinage, even WoW gold is far more valuable and stable than or coin. I'm not exaggerating, there were people living off MMO games currency farming here, you can google it.

2 things hold me here, our son passport and the lack of money. Currently it's a struggle month to month. With the help of some people here I have been able to cover a lot of debts and misfortunes in the health front but I'm still far from a amount that would allow us anything beyond simply running away in refugee status. We want to work and provide our sons a better life and all the opportunities we were denied this last 20 years of "revolution "
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:52:35 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113822 on: July 31, 2018, 01:08:42 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:05:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113823 on: July 31, 2018, 01:16:37 pm »

our son passport

ugh I picture that a huge ordeal if you're not member of the party.
A relevant member anyways, common mortals have to go trough Herculean tasks. We are trying to get Peter's since last year. So far nothing. They say is lack of material, system issues, your data has been misplaced and you need a nwlrw appointment.... It would be a sitcom material if it didn't mean my son is basically held hostage here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:24:02 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113824 on: July 31, 2018, 01:33:36 pm »

Did that Brazil refugee thing not work out or are you still looking into it?
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113825 on: July 31, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »

Couldn't fins any info on it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113826 on: July 31, 2018, 01:52:09 pm »

According to the BBC you must be in the country to request asylum in Brazil.

So you'd probably have to sneak out first.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113827 on: July 31, 2018, 02:04:39 pm »

A minor annoyance would be the language barrier. While both are dependents of Latin and are more or less similar it's like hopping an English speaker understand... German? Norwegian? Dunno, whichever is closer to English.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113828 on: July 31, 2018, 02:15:47 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:04:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113829 on: July 31, 2018, 02:16:58 pm »

A minor annoyance would be the language barrier. While both are dependents of Latin and are more or less similar it's like hopping an English speaker understand... German? Norwegian? Dunno, whichever is closer to English.

Come on, its nowhere near as bad and you know it or should. You should be able to convey and get information provided both you and the other speaker speak slowly, and if you put a bit of effort should be able to at least babble a bit of portuguese (or at least Portuņol) in a couple of months. Plus border regions are likely bilingual
Apparently it's easier the other way around, at least my portoguese colluege (they have lots of them in luxemburg) says so. Then I'd compare it to dutch speakers learning german, because they have no trouble understanding us, since we basically use the same words but articulate them more... So if portoguese is hard to understand to a spanish speaker that should ressemble english speakers learning any other germanic language yes.
Portuguese is very easy to understand to a Spanish speaker.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113830 on: August 01, 2018, 01:21:39 pm »

The border region between Brazil and Colombia is... Uh, the amazon jungle. ;P

Granted, there are other border regions, but I don't actually know how populated those are. Maybe in the south and along the northern and southern coasts?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113831 on: August 01, 2018, 03:00:52 pm »

I work with a Colombian who is from Santa Marta, I found out today. Legitimately was working under the assumption that she was Spanish.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113832 on: August 01, 2018, 06:47:12 pm »

Come on, its nowhere near as bad and you know it or should. You should be able to convey and get information provided both you and the other speaker speak slowly, and if you put a bit of effort should be able to at least babble a bit of portuguese (or at least Portuņol) in a couple of months. Plus border regions are likely bilingual
Portuguese is very easy to understand to a Spanish speaker.
This true, but is not easy to speak it. What worries me is getting in a situation in a refugee status with very limited work opportunities. I'm not closed to the option of becoming a refugee if it comes to it, but I'd rather be a fully legal immigrant instead.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113833 on: August 05, 2018, 07:26:21 am »

I just keep getting more and more depressed every time I get into a depressive state and I'm becoming concerned about my ability to continue resisting the suicidal impulses that come. I feel like a monolith at the edge of the sea, feeling the waves eroding my base, knowing someday I won't be able to resist the waves anymore. They'll take just enough more and I'll topple.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113834 on: August 05, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »

I just keep getting more and more depressed every time I get into a depressive state and I'm becoming concerned about my ability to continue resisting the suicidal impulses that come. I feel like a monolith at the edge of the sea, feeling the waves eroding my base, knowing someday I won't be able to resist the waves anymore. They'll take just enough more and I'll topple.

I honestly used to get caught in spirals like this a lot. The turning point for me was when I realized they started a lot sooner than I actually started feeling depressed. Once I could recognise them coming on I was able to stay ahead of it, and keep from getting to the lower points. Still though, it sucks either way. Buy something delicious for your supper, go to bed early, and see if you can't get up in time to watch the sun rise. That's always my formula to help me mellow a bit.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 7587 7588 [7589] 7590 7591 ... 8169