Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7588 7589 [7590] 7591 7592 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529861 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113835 on: August 05, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »

How are you coping with it hans?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113836 on: August 05, 2018, 05:19:41 pm »

The wave passed and I'm going to start taking my meds again for a few months.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113837 on: August 05, 2018, 05:46:28 pm »

There is a very good chance that I have Aspergers/High Functioning autism.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113838 on: August 05, 2018, 07:24:43 pm »

Well on the bright side you'll probably be REALLY great at something other than being social.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #113839 on: August 05, 2018, 07:56:47 pm »

My sister is still waiting on that one. We've successfully eliminated most high school maths, and there's no visible aptitude for computer science, so presumably, her specialty is in something more esoteric...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113840 on: August 05, 2018, 07:57:36 pm »

That could explain a lot actually. How are you doing pal?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113841 on: August 05, 2018, 08:20:29 pm »

Stop putting everyrhing into perspective, Baal :P

I will echo depressive episodes following a pattern. If you can recognize he pattern, or perhaps better yet what triggers the pattern, y’all can do something about it, even if it’s just taking the edge off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113842 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:09 pm »

My sister is still waiting on that one. We've successfully eliminated most high school maths, and there's no visible aptitude for computer science, so presumably, her specialty is in something more esoteric...
Creative fields? Also, some of the more operational kinds of work, such as CAD could be viable. I know personally that I'm not able to focus strongly on math as much as I am when designing things on a computer. That said, it's more the problem solving than the designing.

To summarize my post that I have a lot of feelings on: Applied problem solving may be a good area to investigate, as may the creative fields.

Honestly, best of luck to you and her.

Source: recently diagnosed, about a year ago.

Now you know. Now you can start coping. Have you found something you absolutely adore, something you can get lost in for hours? Something you dream about? Best of luck, man.

EDIT: Shit, man. Sorry. I misread it as 'been diagnosed'. My bad. Just keep in mind the physical symptoms of being on the spectrum, and you can maybe see if you exhibit any. Can help ground you and get you our of your head. Things like texture/noise/sensory aversions that are out of place. Like hating a certain frequency or texture.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:14:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113843 on: August 05, 2018, 10:17:50 pm »

The word "anus" was removed from the possible dwarven terms for names :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113844 on: August 05, 2018, 10:21:31 pm »

The word "anus" was removed from the possible dwarven terms for names :(
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113846 on: August 05, 2018, 10:37:02 pm »

You can mod it back in.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113847 on: August 05, 2018, 10:43:16 pm »

Have you found something you absolutely adore, something you can get lost in for hours? Something you dream about?

Nothing profitable, if that's what you're getting at.  Profitability is all the world cares about anyway.

That could explain a lot actually. How are you doing pal?

I've been prescribed a slightly better anti-depressants, and have started hitting the gym on a bi-daily basis.  I'm doing oddjob bookkeeping for my mom, she runs an online clothing storefront of sorts.

But I still can't just start living.  Not a single employer wants to speak to me or see me.  My dad gets more and more frustrated by it every week.  Only a matter of time before he throws me on the street or something.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113848 on: August 05, 2018, 10:47:54 pm »

Roboto, I actually don't mean profitable. Whatever it is, if you know it's something you enjoy doing, that gives you a good stress valve. Profitable is a bonus.

Also, we can give feedback on career related stuff as needed if you want, though I'm definitely not the best person for that.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113849 on: August 05, 2018, 11:02:52 pm »

Roboto, I actually don't mean profitable. Whatever it is, if you know it's something you enjoy doing, that gives you a good stress valve.

I can't eat that.

Career wise, it just doesn't matter anymore.  Every job I apply for I just get ignored.  Every interview I get I fuck up due to some one million and one ways I'm judged at a job interview.  Every job I get I get fired from because of bullshit profitability reasons.  I don't make my millionaire overlords richer so I deserve wasting away to death.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7588 7589 [7590] 7591 7592 ... 8169