Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7543 7544 [7545] 7546 7547 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530919 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113160 on: May 21, 2018, 07:17:34 am »

"Presidential elections" were held yesterday, it was just a show to coat this dictatorship as a democracy. No one really voted, but somehow 8 and a half million voted. I live right next to a voting center, NO ONE went there in the whole day. Several people told me the same about their voting centers.

Now, according to at least 83 countries, Venezuela has no formal state representing it, so a lot of trade deals will fall through and more sanctions and restrictions are coming our way. Sadly they have little debilitating effect on the cartel that rans my country, they'll blame the "evil USA empire" on any scarce and keep on going sprinkling boxes of food here and there while they get richer and fatter everyday.

Even if we don't talk very much Baal, I think about your situation almost every day. I watched John Oliver's program yesterday, it covered the corruption in Venezuela; it's almost comical that the rampant hunger is called the "Maduro Diet" and Maduro himself is on TV giving some kind of speech and he stops for a moment to bite down on some cake. It's like a living political cartoon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113161 on: May 22, 2018, 03:09:21 pm »

First day of work, started off ok, ended up stretching way the hell out because they just kept piling up work on me. As a result, I've been awake since 7 AM (it is 10 PM atm) and the entirety of my food intake today has been a bit of pastry and two snack bars. My dinner now is going to be leftover potato chips and some cheese spread. Because this is a huge tourist trap town, so why the fuck should any shop or fast food stay open after 8 PM.

I wasn't expecting this to be easy, but so far, this has been a rather large net-loss for me and if today is any indication of future days then I'll end up mentally/physically broken with a fucking pittance to show for it.

I'll give them about a week, if I don't see any change in that period I'm peacing the fuck out.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113162 on: May 22, 2018, 03:39:28 pm »

Just gave up a community that did a lot for me in the past because of reasons. I'm super saddened by this. I actually cried a little, which is extremely rare for me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113163 on: May 23, 2018, 09:09:57 am »

Piss off, cold!

Cold as in the illness, that is. It's not particularly cold right now... feels a bit colder 'cause I'm sick, though.

Just gave up a community that did a lot for me in the past because of reasons. I'm super saddened by this. I actually cried a little, which is extremely rare for me.
I know how you feel. You mean an online community, right?
I've not had one of those, apart from Bay12, in years, but I remember how sad it was when my Midkemia Online character was deleted, or when the RPI community kind of fizzled out and dispersed to parts unknown. Man, I was still an extremely depressed fat kid back then - all those insipid descriptions of "lithe" and "willowy" characters doubtless helped inspire my heartwarming journey of weight loss and self-improvement severe eating disorder. Hey, whatever works, right? I'm over it now in any case. I've gained like five kilos or so in the recent past, or at least the last time I weighed myself I was about five kilos about what I remember the upper limit of my constantly-fluctuating former weight being. I'm also significantly less skeletal-looking! I am unsure quite why I am mentioning this in such excruciatingly boring detail, but the thought of it actually made me kinda happy.

Still miss those games and their communities, though.

* Yoink sips his steaming hot hot chocolate.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113164 on: May 23, 2018, 10:25:29 am »

Yeah. It helped through Drug Court and my re-addicted single loner days. It was a nice escape from my life back then but I guess I have to find something else. I'm old and responsible now. Don't have much time for games anymore.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113165 on: May 23, 2018, 10:31:07 am »

Piss off, cold!

Cold as in the illness, that is. It's not particularly cold right now... feels a bit colder 'cause I'm sick, though.

I know how you feel. You mean an online community, right?
I've not had one of those, apart from Bay12, in years, but I remember how sad it was when my Midkemia Online character was deleted, or when the RPI community kind of fizzled out and dispersed to parts unknown. Man, I was still an extremely depressed fat kid back then - all those insipid descriptions of "lithe" and "willowy" characters doubtless helped inspire my heartwarming journey of weight loss and self-improvement severe eating disorder. Hey, whatever works, right? I'm over it now in any case. I've gained like five kilos or so in the recent past, or at least the last time I weighed myself I was about five kilos about what I remember the upper limit of my constantly-fluctuating former weight being. I'm also significantly less skeletal-looking! I am unsure quite why I am mentioning this in such excruciatingly boring detail, but the thought of it actually made me kinda happy.

Still miss those games and their communities, though.

* Yoink sips his steaming hot hot chocolate.

Ah snap, you played MKO? I'm going to guess you ran into Shista at one point. He's not me, just a good friend. We were both so sad when MKO decided not to renew its license.

If you're ever in the mood to crack into the other MUDs that company offers, I've got a group I play with and I'm sure we'd be happy to get you going.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113166 on: May 23, 2018, 02:05:41 pm »

I was a member of a couple forums before I hit upon Bay12.

...I wasn't a part of the community, but I was a member of the forums. Holy fuck I was a caustic little shit.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113167 on: May 24, 2018, 11:49:39 am »

Went out to mow my lawn (which I really, really need to do because this city has pretty zealous enforcement of it's lawn regs), get maybe five minutes in and hear a sudden *crunch*, pull the mower back and the gas cap is gone, a quick check shows me that yes, the cap came off, got in front of the blade, and was chewed to pieces.  Now I've got to buy a new cap before it rains again, which is like, tomorrow, and I have no way to do so because I don't have a license to drive nor do I have any cash.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113168 on: May 24, 2018, 11:56:02 am »

Went out to mow my lawn (which I really, really need to do because this city has pretty zealous enforcement of it's lawn regs), get maybe five minutes in and hear a sudden *crunch*, pull the mower back and the gas cap is gone, a quick check shows me that yes, the cap came off, got in front of the blade, and was chewed to pieces.  Now I've got to buy a new cap before it rains again, which is like, tomorrow, and I have no way to do so because I don't have a license to drive nor do I have any cash.

Upon thinking how you could improvise, my first thought was "Plastic bag + Rubber band = profit"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113169 on: May 24, 2018, 11:57:43 am »

Cling wrap/aluminium foil and tape? Small plastic container of some sort plus something to seal it off? Plastic bag might work, too, sure. Probably hella' far from perfect, but mebbe enough to tide through a storm or two, if you can't just stick the machine inside for a day or three.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113170 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:53 pm »

The mower is in the garage, the problem is that I need to mow the lawn and I'm not willing to run it over my rather uneven lawn with a jerry-rigged cover.  And mowing a wet lawn is both unsafe and mostly useless, as grass just responds to cutting by having a growth spurt when wet.

I can't even figure out why the cap came off, I checked it before I started and it didn't catch on anything while I was mowing.  Hopefully the weather will calm down this weekend and I can actually get this done before I get fined.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:26:34 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113171 on: May 24, 2018, 05:23:29 pm »

I would use a plastic bag and a good rubber band or a plastic strip that I use to arrange network cables (here we call them t-rack) and go with it to avoid the fine. Unless your are mowing a ridge or a cliff it should be fine if is thigh enough.

Latter you can buy the cap instead of also having to pay the fine.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113172 on: May 24, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »

TotalBiscuit.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113173 on: May 24, 2018, 06:40:25 pm »

I would use a plastic bag and a good rubber band or a plastic strip that I use to arrange network cables (here we call them t-rack) and go with it to avoid the fine. Unless your are mowing a ridge or a cliff it should be fine if is thigh enough.

Latter you can buy the cap instead of also having to pay the fine.

When I was twelve I had a gas can explode in my face.  The only lasting damage is that I am extremely wary of improperly secured gas containers, especially ones that have been shaken or otherwise agitated.  So I won't risk it, even if I do end up having to pay a fine.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:50:50 pm by NullForceOmega »

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113174 on: May 24, 2018, 07:52:08 pm »

TotalBiscuit.
I feel the same way.
Pages: 1 ... 7543 7544 [7545] 7546 7547 ... 8169