Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7544 7545 [7546] 7547 7548 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530354 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113175 on: May 24, 2018, 08:08:21 pm »

TotalBiscuit.
I feel the same way.
He was only 33 years old. Cancer fucking sucks.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113176 on: May 24, 2018, 10:29:15 pm »

Indeed. It's fucking sad that 3 years ago he actually wrote that the average expectancy for his condition was 2-3 years.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113177 on: May 24, 2018, 11:16:15 pm »

Just found out Deadpool wont screen here on Venezuela because the company that was supposed to distribute the film had to close down and leave the country thanks to the tanking economy.
It's honestly surreal how badly and how rapidly the economy down there has simply gone to hell. Nicolas Maduro or whoever the hell was responsible for the horrific decisions which lead to that honestly should be charged with crimes against humanity or something.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113178 on: May 25, 2018, 01:01:23 am »

It's 2 am here, my crappy internet in conjunction with the crappy system is not allowing me to enter to get my documents for a better future for my family. God how I hate this government.

Tons of work tomorrow, well, another day without sleep won't kill me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:02:55 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #113179 on: May 25, 2018, 08:00:21 am »

TotalBiscuit.

I knew it was coming, but I didn’t expect it this soon.
It sounded like he had a few more months.
Damn, RIP
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113180 on: May 25, 2018, 09:27:59 am »

Yeah, his condition was worsening but this is like, less than two weeks after he said he'd retire, it either went bad super fast or the dude was toughing it out to the very end.

Either way, the industry is poorer for his passing, the dude was a genuine force for good in the YT gaming space.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113181 on: May 25, 2018, 12:15:28 pm »

Either way, the industry is poorer for his passing, the dude was a genuine force for good in the YT gaming space.
I've never really followed him that much, but I very much appreciated the sense of wonder conveyed in the Magicka LP along with the Yogsboys, not to mention his rambling about Dungeon Keeper 2 and such. Not to mention the nerding out in what little of that Dark Heresy game on YouTube.

Regardless, that's a horrible fate to have to go through, and 33 is far too young...

It's 2 am here, my crappy internet in conjunction with the crappy system is not allowing me to enter to get my documents for a better future for my family. God how I hate this government.

Tons of work tomorrow, well, another day without sleep won't kill me.
You're a resourceful and determined guy, you'll find a way out of there. You're doing everything in your power to do right by your family, and your wife and children recognize this. I'm certain of it.

What exactly is standing in the way of getting out? Is it still your son's passport they won't give out?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113182 on: May 25, 2018, 01:19:41 pm »

Yup, but we've devised a cunning plan in which my wife grandmother's pass the Colombian citizenship to my wife, and she in turn to our son so he can get a passport, cause that's what we need after all, it doesn't have to be a Venezuelan passport, just a legal one.

The original plan was her grandmother hand down the citizenship to her father, and then to my wife... but man plans, and God laughs, cancer got in the way and now there are extra papers and requirements with procedures the Venezuelan government go the extra mile to make them as painful and difficult as possible, with literally random schedules, purposeful deficient systems, ever changing requirements and increased bureaucracy.

I have three days without much sleep, and a total of 3 hours for the last 48 or so. I'm just in a crappy mood these days, sorry for it. Thanks for the encouragement.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113183 on: May 25, 2018, 06:15:58 pm »

TotalBiscuit has died. :(

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113185 on: May 25, 2018, 06:34:21 pm »

Was mentioned, but yeah... ):

Unrelated, I'm sad that I'm feeling better today. I just "got over it" again, because it was always irrational. I forced myself to hike and its grip is broken. Could I have done so earlier? Who knows.

I even sat with a stranger at a bar, complimented his $100 custom growler, and we chatted about hiking and the eclipse over a single pint each.
It wasn't fake, I had a legit good time and will feel even better after I hike the 3k back home. But it never lasts.

Heh, like a Daeva vampire. Everything just becomes dull and uninteresting, until I torpor a while. Fucked up dreams and sobriety and all.

But for now, at least, life feels good. So I'll make the most of it.

Edit: Also first they announce charmander event the day I finish evolving a charizard, then they put Aron everywhere when I've been walking it for a month?
It's fine, 4x walking candy will help me kick my own ass.

Edit2:  When I recovered and went out, one order of business was socks.  The first pair I picked up were no-shows.
"These are a bad idea for a hike.  There'll be chafing."  I thought.
And then just this bizarre nothingness.  I was thinking about it even as I set out, stone sober, enjoying the endorphins.  Why?  How would I describe this?
It was neither "yay pain" or "oh bad idea".  It was almost alien, yet so familiar.
...Challenge?  Duty?  ...Machismo?

Maybe just a satisfaction of "Life is nothing without hardship".  There needs to be hardship.
Which is still disgusting, and it doesn't take the past into account, but that's mental illness I guess.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:39:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113186 on: May 26, 2018, 03:01:33 am »

TotalBiscuit has died. :(
We were just discussing that

And I just learned that :C
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113187 on: May 27, 2018, 12:06:01 pm »

I was watching an anthill, and mosquitoes started irritating me again. I pulled out a mosquito repellent, started spraying it on myself, missed, and accidentally gassed the anthill. It was out in the wild, even.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113188 on: May 27, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »

I was watching an anthill, and mosquitoes started irritating me again. I pulled out a mosquito repellent, started spraying it on myself, missed, and accidentally gassed the anthill. It was out in the wild, even.

You should make amends to the ant colony.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113189 on: May 27, 2018, 12:37:02 pm »

You should make amends to the ant colony.

Or you should annihilate them entirely. Either way, you can't give them a slight injury. They can avenge a slight injury. You must make peace or wipe them out. All of them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7544 7545 [7546] 7547 7548 ... 8169