Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7541 7542 [7543] 7544 7545 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530901 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113130 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:05 pm »

The Volkskrant cookies are pretty much safe to accept though. Dutch privacy laws are pretty good on the cookies department. Newspaper won't use them for anything except improving their own service (and you can always clean your pc from cookies at any time).
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113131 on: May 17, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »

I’m not complaining about the cookies, I’m complaining that clicking the button while in google translate doesn’t make the pop up go away and take me to the article. The other links inside that popup work fine, so, dunno.

Found an English article through axios https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/05/16/someone-somewhere-is-making-a-banned-chemical-that-destroys-the-ozone-layer-scientists-suspect/?utm_term=.e0a0bcfaa7f4

It also mentions that there could be an innocent explaination like an accidental release from old equipment, but it sounds like a continuous release. It’s something that has universal ratification, so, the implications of someone cheating are pretty high.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:16:10 pm by smjjames »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113132 on: May 17, 2018, 05:31:54 pm »

I’m not complaining about the cookies, I’m complaining that clicking the button while in google translate doesn’t make the pop up go away and take me to the article. The other links inside that popup work fine, so, dunno.

Found an English article through axios https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/05/16/someone-somewhere-is-making-a-banned-chemical-that-destroys-the-ozone-layer-scientists-suspect/?utm_term=.e0a0bcfaa7f4

It also mentions that there could be an innocent explaination like an accidental release from old equipment, but it sounds like a continuous release. It’s something that has universal ratification, so, the implications of someone cheating are pretty high.
What do you want to bet it's China?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113133 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36:37 pm »

I am not saying it's China, but...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113134 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:52 pm »

I did say I’d bet that it’s China, but the article mentions that there are more cost effective alternatives available, so, I don’t see why they’d suddenly switch back to that, and reputable companies wouldn’t want to be caught dead with new things using it.

It says that it started in 2012, so, what changed or started in east (and maybe southeast) Asia around then?

Editwhiletyping: when did China’s city building spree start? This is based off of the fact that it’s often used in foams, given the corruption that happens, I could see some factories doing it, but..... you’d probably need quite a lot of them to have a 25% increase since 2012 and the Chinese government certainly keeps industry on a short leash.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113135 on: May 17, 2018, 06:03:18 pm »

It has been a bad week with terribly sick people.  I was solving and  coping but I saw a scene from a TV series on youtube which revolted me so now I'm kind of vaguely disturbed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #113136 on: May 17, 2018, 09:32:20 pm »

Sounds like you live in a rural area near the frontier, in which case... yeah I have no doubt reception is absolute dogshit. Just, don't generalize when talking about a continent-sized territory.
Capital actually. Still trash mostly everywhere, no idea how it is up north, that being why I mentioned Southern Brazil only.
I stand by my claim that gsm sound quality is atrocious though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:45:05 am by Magistrum »
In a time before time, I had a name.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #113137 on: May 17, 2018, 11:14:10 pm »

I my indoor cat got outside like 2 hours ago and its raining and dark and he's never been outside before and we couldn't find him and my mom was crying and we can't do anything besides wait until tomorrow cause its too dark to find him :(

edit: no longer lost, total hours outside the house: 14
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:15:29 am by Cthulufaic »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113138 on: May 18, 2018, 07:59:08 am »

-
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:02:17 am by JoshuaFH »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #113139 on: May 18, 2018, 02:56:15 pm »

-
That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen, right there.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113140 on: May 18, 2018, 03:10:06 pm »

It's just one of those days where I make one small mistake, and I'm strangled by anxiety all day.

That and I now have a haircut that makes me look like a convict. I honestly should've gotten upset at the barber, but I just didn't have it in me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113141 on: May 18, 2018, 07:09:46 pm »

Crushing depression. Don't have the energy to even process it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113142 on: May 18, 2018, 09:23:09 pm »

Please feel free to unload on the forums whenever you need.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:24:46 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113143 on: May 18, 2018, 09:41:27 pm »

Please feel free to unload on the forums whenever you need.

You really need to see someone over the mood swings. Still, letting it out and talking about it is a heck of a lot better than bottling it up and letting it fester.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113144 on: May 19, 2018, 08:39:50 am »

Couldn't finish to transact some papers with the gummit because we couldn't find some stamps needed for the life of us... found this seedy guy selling each at 20K Bolivares, where they officially sells at like 100 and 500 Bs. Oh and he wanted cash of course, on the biggest cash crisis this side of the planet. Of course I counl't afford it because I have no cash even when I willing to pay up.

We'll try again next week.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7541 7542 [7543] 7544 7545 ... 8169