Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7542 7543 [7544] 7545 7546 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9530609 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113145 on: May 19, 2018, 11:20:54 am »

I have an mp3 of a guy who did a great piano cover of Sultans of Swing.

I do not know the name of the guy. I cannot find it online either.

I kind of wonder who he was and if I'm the only one with a copy of his cover
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113146 on: May 19, 2018, 09:25:10 pm »

Friday, today, and I suppose Sunday is going to be shot because I made that one mistake on Friday morning, putting me into a deserved karmatic funk. God, I'm just so lazy, stupid, easily angered, and constantly distracted by my anxious obsessing over whatever is bothering me.

This is just one of those days where I'm constantly questioning why. Why? What's the point of living? Why do I put myself through this? Why put in any effort at all? Is it even possible for someone so chronically pessimistic to find any kind of happiness at all? In my mind, every action is a dead end. Apart from not making a contribution, I feel my existence actively detracts from the rest of the world.

I just have to sacrifice Sunday, and hope Monday and the rest of the week is better. and hope I don't make any more mistakes in the foreseeable future.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113147 on: May 19, 2018, 09:41:43 pm »

One. Day. At. The. Time.

Each day carries it's own hurry. Or so my wife says... That have saved me a lot of headaches.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113148 on: May 20, 2018, 12:40:13 am »

oh God I'm so lonely.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113149 on: May 20, 2018, 02:31:47 am »

oh God I'm so lonely.

:(

I know it depends on the context of "lonely" but meetup.com or similar is good way to get some random social stuff going.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113150 on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:38 am »

And here we are all very good looking from what I heard ;) grwwww
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113151 on: May 20, 2018, 09:13:30 am »

And here we are all very good looking from what I heard ;) grwwww
Internet communities just don't scratch that social need anymore. I wish I could just talk to people and make some friends. I don't try reaching out to people though and I'm afraid I'm just going to be alone with no friends or anything for the rest of my life. This is the one thing I just can't seem to change or improve.

I know it depends on the context of "lonely" but meetup.com or similar is good way to get some random social stuff going.
Huh. Never heard of it. Meetup.com is something to look at.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113152 on: May 20, 2018, 09:15:02 am »

yeah, and btw totally not a dating site, it's basically social media for various flavors of (often geeky) real-life meetups.

e.g. if you run some sort of club or get-together, you can also set it up on meetup.com as additional free advertising, or just so you don't have to invest time in your own website, with the nice touch that people don't have to be on facebook to join.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:20:41 am by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113153 on: May 20, 2018, 09:52:17 am »

Just found out Deadpool wont screen here on Venezuela because the company that was supposed to distribute the film had to close down and leave the country thanks to the tanking economy.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113154 on: May 20, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »

Friday, today, and I suppose Sunday is going to be shot because I made that one mistake on Friday morning, putting me into a deserved karmatic funk. God, I'm just so lazy, stupid, easily angered, and constantly distracted by my anxious obsessing over whatever is bothering me.

This is just one of those days where I'm constantly questioning why. Why? What's the point of living? Why do I put myself through this? Why put in any effort at all? Is it even possible for someone so chronically pessimistic to find any kind of happiness at all? In my mind, every action is a dead end. Apart from not making a contribution, I feel my existence actively detracts from the rest of the world.

That's depression.  The inability to emotionally get over a mistake, the anger and self-blame and feeling like the world would be better off without you?

* Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
* Persistent sad, anxious or "empty" mood
* Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
* Restlessness, irritability

https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/depression/symptoms

Depression often comes with self-sabotage, and once that's managed you'll make far fewer mistakes and recover from the ones you do make faster .
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #113155 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:51 pm »

yeah, and btw totally not a dating site, it's basically social media for various flavors of (often geeky) real-life meetups.

e.g. if you run some sort of club or get-together, you can also set it up on meetup.com as additional free advertising, or just so you don't have to invest time in your own website, with the nice touch that people don't have to be on facebook to join.
Yeah, it looks neat. Seems like a good way to try and meet other people in real life who share hobbies or interests.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113156 on: May 20, 2018, 08:46:00 pm »

Yeah, it looks neat. Seems like a good way to try and meet other people in real life who share hobbies or interests.

Upon being re-reminded of it here, I took a look at my own local groups. I might go to a movie meetup with a local Christian young adult group. I'm not a Christian, but I'm friendly to Christians, and I wouldn't say I'm young, but I'm on the fringe of how the group defines it, so I guess it doesn't hurt (it might hurt).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113157 on: May 20, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:14:45 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113158 on: May 21, 2018, 05:27:34 am »

"Presidential elections" were held yesterday, it was just a show to coat this dictatorship as a democracy. No one really voted, but somehow 8 and a half million voted. I live right next to a voting center, NO ONE went there in the whole day. Several people told me the same about their voting centers.

Now, according to at least 83 countries, Venezuela has no formal state representing it, so a lot of trade deals will fall through and more sanctions and restrictions are coming our way. Sadly they have little debilitating effect on the cartel that rans my country, they'll blame the "evil USA empire" on any scarce and keep on going sprinkling boxes of food here and there while they get richer and fatter everyday.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113159 on: May 21, 2018, 05:38:49 am »

*something starts bulging out of a broken oil pipeline*

"It's-a me, Maduro!"
Pages: 1 ... 7542 7543 [7544] 7545 7546 ... 8169