Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7270 7271 [7272] 7273 7274 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494744 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109065 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:30 pm »

honestly feel like I cant do this math class. I've been trying to keep up, I just dont get it, the tutors arent helping, I should be in math025 instead. Maybe I should just switch to a liberal arts degree so I dont have to do calculus.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109066 on: November 14, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

Would they let you drop the course and take one that teaches the stuff you actually need to know first? Like, if you have to start at an earlier math course to build up to calc, you can still get there. If they won't let you, transfer to a school that will, like a community college or something?

Otherwise I guess changing degree works too but you'd never learn calc, which is, apparently, useful (I had the same problem, never learned it, and now am unable to understand how the code for neural nets works because it's based on shit from calc which is incomprehensible to me).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109067 on: November 14, 2016, 06:22:41 pm »

Kept procrastinating on stuff over the weekend and now I'm starting to question if I have enough time to get everything done. Several papers to research for and write for different classes, calculus homework and a calculus test to prepare for, all of which is due roughly at the same time next week. And there will probably be more work I'll be assigned this week. Maybe if I work my ass off I can get it all done, a week is a lot of time if used well. I think. I don't think I typically use time well.

Procrastination is bad. Would not advise to do this shit. Really irresponsible.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109068 on: November 14, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »

I am horribly ill. I feel like I want to throw up, my nose is plugged, I'm hacking and coughing...

And there's a midterm in math, tomorrow- a subject I've not been doing swell in. Fuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109069 on: November 14, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »

honestly feel like I cant do this math class. I've been trying to keep up, I just dont get it, the tutors arent helping, I should be in math025 instead. Maybe I should just switch to a liberal arts degree so I dont have to do calculus.
What are you having problems with?

Actually, Math Help Thread???

@Spehss_: :(

It is, isn't it.

@KoSS: *puts on biohazard suit, hugs*

Math Help Threeeaaaaad

(or just try to study, yeah?)

Good luck.

Meanwhile I seem to have acquired a stuffy nose/headache/something.

And I have to do homework but can't seem to muster up the willpower/energy.

*sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109070 on: November 14, 2016, 07:53:23 pm »

If tutors aren't helping, why would "try to study?" Speaking from personal experience, you can study all you want but if you're missing pre-requisite knowledge that studying will not help you because you still won't be able to figure out the answers.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109071 on: November 15, 2016, 03:17:04 am »

People have dreams, ambition, fears, identity, friends.

I don't feel like people.

I don't feel like I'm anything at all.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109072 on: November 15, 2016, 03:31:11 am »

Cinder: Two questions to ponder:

1. Who are you?
2. What do you want?

I borrowed them from Babylon 5

P.S. Have a *hug*

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109073 on: November 15, 2016, 05:55:46 am »

People have dreams, ambition, fears, identity, friends.

I don't feel like people.

I don't feel like I'm anything at all.

Dreams: I can't really remember most of my dreams, so you might have had them without knowing.
Fears: Is one of your fears not having any fears? (Russell's Paradox Redux!) More seriously, is there anything that you would prefer not to happen?
Identity: More a composite than anything else... "Identity" would be partially based on the previous two.
Friends: I've got you guys, and then that's pretty much it.

Judging by your standards, I'm almost nothing. I think that your standards may be wrong.

I'm fairly sure that you're not a philosophical zombie, so I'd say yes, you are a person. :P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109074 on: November 15, 2016, 06:05:00 am »

@Cinder:

People are entities that cannot and should not be defined by any sort of criteria. Pre-conceived perceptions of needing to have dreams, ambitions, etc,  in order to be considered a person is ridiculous. YOU ARE A PERSON, inherently and foundationally, before any sort of classification or narrowing down of what kind of person you supposedly are.

You are a person, with inherent value, and don't let anybody else ( OR YOURSELF ) convince you otherwise.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109075 on: November 15, 2016, 06:09:12 am »

I mean, I definitely has utility in term of the functions my body, and the functions my mind can do to my body, but where is the soul? Where is the thing that makes me not fungible?

I meant dreams as in ambitions, dummy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:10:43 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109076 on: November 15, 2016, 06:29:12 am »

I mean, I definitely has utility in term of the functions my body, and the functions my mind can do to my body, but where is the soul? Where is the thing that makes me not fungible?

You are you, and nobody else is you. Maybe there are people like you. Maybe there aren't. You are still the only person with your consciousness. *represses urge to discuss the illusion of consciousness - that wouldn't help*

(also I'd be sad if you left, even if a Cinderclone arrived at the same time, so there's that)
I meant dreams as in ambitions, dummy.

...isn't there anything that you'd like to do with your life, even if it seems impossible?
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #109077 on: November 15, 2016, 06:32:47 am »

Where is the thing that makes me not fungible?
well you're not a fungus therefore are you not fungible

:U

More seriously though, i'm not at all a qualified person to say this, but i am suddenly struck by a thought: Have you heard/read about borderline personality disorder? It is, among things like unstable emotions and sense of self, often characterized by a feeling of emptiness. It might be worth reading about, even if only for the sake of elimination. It goes without saying that you should let a doctor do the diagnosey thing if you have a suspicion, of course.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109078 on: November 15, 2016, 06:36:20 am »

The thing is that everything I love boils down to the pursuit knowledge and observation, but just because one observe the noteworthy, doesn't mean one is noteworthy.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109079 on: November 15, 2016, 06:43:17 am »

The thing is that everything I love boils down to the pursuit knowledge and observation, but just because one observe the noteworthy, doesn't mean one is noteworthy.

Everything that I love boils down to the pursuit of knowledge, too! Cool!

...wait, what? Cinder, you don't need to be "noteworthy" to be a person. I mean, look at Random Joe. He's a person. You don't need to stand out in order to be yourself.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 7270 7271 [7272] 7273 7274 ... 8168