Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7268 7269 [7270] 7271 7272 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494810 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109035 on: November 12, 2016, 01:42:29 am »

Music legend Leonard Cohen died yesterday at age 82.

This fucking year.
But, but I was listening to him and reading about him just the other day. This makes me sad  :-\

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109036 on: November 12, 2016, 04:05:05 am »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109037 on: November 12, 2016, 05:28:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:03:30 am by Gamedragon »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109038 on: November 12, 2016, 01:05:55 pm »

*hugs Caroline*

Anything we could do to help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109039 on: November 12, 2016, 01:21:14 pm »

*hugs Caroline*

Anything we could do to help?

This ^

Some thoughts, which you don't have to accept if you don't want to, but I offer them in the hope that some of them might turn out to be helpful:

Is this the last year of non-uni school for you? A lot of people here in America tend to skip out on doing as much of the schoolwork as they can because colleges/unis don't check on it for that year, but the downside is that they won't have learned anything they needed to learn in that year (for future classes).

Studying for AP tests when you know nothing is just a waste of effort. Were you not taking the courses? Given a choice, you shouldn't waste your time taking the tests if you haven't taken the courses, unless it's something you've mastered on your own. They're not free and there's effort involved, and just failing them doesn't do you any good. That said, if your parents are forcing you to take them... Well, it's their money going to waste (assuming they have to pay for them).

The volunteer work and such at least is because colleges supposedly look for that, and other extra-curricular activities. That said, when I applied to a single college in 2000 without any volunteer work, I was told the same thing, and yet I was accepted. It was a private college, though, and I expect they just wanted money. Of course, that was 16 years ago. Now they want even more money.  :P

I would only apply to community colleges or public schools. Community colleges may or may not be harder, I'm not sure, but they're generally considered a good place to start, and cheaper. Private schools are a Bad Idea. They're expensive, and not necessarily any better than public schools.

Pretending that you did a year that you didn't seems like a Bad Idea to me. I mean, they'll have your transcripts. They'll know you're lying. Don't let your parents force you to do that. Just tell them THEY READ TRANSCRIPTS, MOOOOOM. IT'LL TORPEDO MY CHANCES WITH ALL MY SCHOOLS!

Jeez. Her doing homework is missing the point too. I avoided doing homework whenever possible, and I turned out ok except for not remembering shit I needed to remember because it turns out homework is important for building memories (BUT NOBODY EVER SAID SO, they just said DO YOUR HOMEWORK. BECAUSE I SAID SO).

Make a checklist, try to check something off of it every day other than homework? The sooner you start doing stuff, the less stuff you'll have to cram into each day. I mean, unless you're hoping they'll just give up and you can forget the whole thing and not go to college and etc.

You sound a little depressed, but maybe it's just being overwhelmed with pressure, because that is definitely a thing too. My condolences* for all your stress.

* I can't think of a better word, sorry :/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:26:06 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109040 on: November 12, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »

Apparently my downtime after suffering something of an emotional breakdown can be measured in hours.
Wow, that's rough.
It's awful when the people you expect to have at least some sympathy and understanding for you give you none whatsoever. Or they think you're being overly dramatic or something daft like that. For what it's worth, I can certainly relate. :-\

I wish you luck in either convincing people to ease off and that you really do need some help, or managing to forge ahead like they expect you to.
Mental breakdowns aren't much fun. Even less so when the lack of respite after one sends you straight into another...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #109041 on: November 12, 2016, 10:20:20 pm »

Please do not quote

Everyone is pissed. Someone was gonna lose and protest 18 months of divisive sludge....

I've been told not to worry about "old" LGBT issues for years. Called paranoid, told things were only gonna get better, loosen up, etc. I'm not even gonna say it. I'm afraid to say anything. I'm barely saying this. No one listens for good reasons anyhow.

It is not "going to be ok." I don't wanna hear it. There is not a whole lot to be done about it. What I can do, all I can do is, frankly, go to my happy place inside my head. Focus on safely going through the motions....

Please do not quote
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #109042 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:43 am »

Too much empathy.

I can't stop thinking about what other people are going through. I will somehow always find a way to relate to another person's ordeals no matter what they are. I never want them to go through any hardships just as strongly as I never want to experience those same hardships.

I believe my sense of empathy started developing much, much earlier than others my age, and continues to grow to this day. It has gotten to the point of becoming a hindrance, as other people's problems become my anxieties, on top of worrying about myself and the future.

Then I start thinking about those opposite to me; the people without empathy. They must have it easy, as people are probably just tools to further themselves. Considering how gullible most people are, these sociopaths must be incredibly successful, and no one would ever know. I keep wondering if there is anyone I know of who is a really clever sociopath.

Here I am, constantly and genuinely worried over people I have never met. Empathy is dangerous with too little, and debilitating with too much.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109043 on: November 13, 2016, 06:56:28 am »

My entire body has hurt every night the past several nights. My left collar, my lower back, and my left leg joint, to the point it's difficult to move. I haven't done a single god damn thing different lately. Why me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109044 on: November 13, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »

Carolina Panthers lost again, very close game...
But on the plus side, Sir Purr is still the best mascot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxaLhPFZqE0

They can steal our victories, but they cannot steal our style!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109045 on: November 13, 2016, 04:25:42 pm »

Having that moment when traffic is so thick and yet flowing so perfectly everyone is nearly at the speed limit.
Then I get to watch in real-time as someone Just Decides to merge suddenly, and the car behind them has to panic-brake.

Was so tempted to give him a very energetic gesture on my way past. Nobody else on that stretch of road even knows what one impatient dick has done to the whole goddamn highway.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109046 on: November 13, 2016, 04:47:01 pm »

*hugs Truean*

I'm worried too.

Stay safe.

Don't lose hope.

*hugs Boatsniper*

...You and me both.

@IINL:Doctor?

@Tack:Wow that really really sucks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 04:50:28 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109047 on: November 13, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »

Itsnotlogical: You might want to call up your doctor's office and describe your symptoms or just ask to see someone soon, in case it's something treatable, or deadly and treatable.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109048 on: November 13, 2016, 06:18:14 pm »

I'm *AGAIN* wondering if I'm humoring/long-distance dating this guy purely because...
Because his every action makes me better about myself by comparison. 

Edit:  WOOP drunk oversharing again.
Also I had a call with him and it was actually nice, and even sober now I'm kinda thinking that maybe we have something healthy after all?  At least maybe!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:15:28 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109049 on: November 13, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »

*hugs Rolan*

We need to make a cult to have you join.  ;P

I don't know.  I wish I did.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7268 7269 [7270] 7271 7272 ... 8168