Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7241 7242 [7243] 7244 7245 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501057 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108630 on: October 27, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »

@Sergarr:Or a hypothetical other party could, say, send a Skype or Discord name by which they could be contacted.  If they wanted to.

@Spehss_:I can't help you :(
I've even less life experience than you :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108631 on: October 27, 2016, 11:39:42 pm »

*hugs SalmonGod*

What happened?  :u

They just suck, and I have to help my customer deal with them.  Their problem is their organization is huge and very strictly compartmentalized.  90% of their employees only know how to do one thing, and haven't the slightest clue about anything outside their bubble.  Spent hours of my work day trying to troubleshoot a shipment that went off their rails, and most of it was just bouncing around from person to person who either didn't understand the questions I was asking or didn't have access to the right systems.  And at the end of the day, it doesn't look like I got anywhere.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108632 on: October 27, 2016, 11:40:48 pm »

Well that sounds silly.  And by silly I mean really frustrating.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108633 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:59 pm »

Wait, that can happen? :o

Oh shit I just remembered! It's like, 30 PMs, right?
20, actually.  :v

*sigh*

Really isn't good when you don't even have an alternate contact method either.
B-but... me thinks that, once the PM limit g-gets renewed... y-you can t-try to use those PMs to... set up those "alternative contact methods", right?

Wait, what? Could someone explain what this "PM limit" is? Is it per-person-PMed or per-account? (That is, can I PM 21 people one message each?)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108634 on: October 27, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »

I believe it's an hourly limit.

Like... you can send 20 PMs per hour.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108635 on: October 27, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »

Hourly, per person.
Sigtext

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108636 on: October 27, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »

Oh thank Armok. I thought that you could only send 20 PMs ever.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108637 on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »

Oh thank Armok. I thought that you could only send 20 PMs ever.
Good grief, no.  I'd be long out of them by now.
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #108638 on: October 28, 2016, 12:02:53 am »

My bedroom's smoke detector tripped last night. False alarm, but this is also a sad because I've drilled myself to wake up completely when I hear it, meaning I couldn't fall asleep for the rest of the night due to my insomnia.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108639 on: October 28, 2016, 12:13:42 am »

*hugpats*
Late night fire alarms suck.  :v
Sigtext

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108640 on: October 28, 2016, 05:34:55 am »

That's annoying, but at least it wasn't twice every Wednesday at 5am and ten past like they did at my last accommodation to test the alarms. So just as you start slipping back to sleep..... RIIIIIIIING.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108641 on: October 28, 2016, 11:26:22 am »

man, dont you love it when people remind you that you dont actually matter to them?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108642 on: October 28, 2016, 12:08:08 pm »

Yeah, uh, you need better insurance :x
No shit. Apathetic customers are easy prey. I should've gotten better insurance months ago, but what do I know about the process of changing insurance, right, I'm only a college kid.

This is probably what's really getting me so depressed. I have no really applicable "life" experience. I have no idea what I'm going to do after college. Get a job, but have no experience applying, or working. Get a home, but have no idea what the process is for actually buying a place to live, or paying bills or mortgage or any of that. Hell, I don't know if I can even afford a place to live. I need to look into that. Other stuff like cooking or paying bills or managing finances or etc.

What the hell have I been doing for these 20 years of my life.

Being an adult can be a bit intimidating. But you know more than you think you do. Sure, you don't know the exact details of everything, but you have the base skills to do and learn all of this.

You know how to work. That's what school is, to a large degree. The specifics are different, but you show up and do what needs to be done. You should be trained by your work on what to do.

Applications for work are a bit trickier, although the college application process is similar. But really, it's not that hard. The internet has plenty of info on it of best approaches and whatnot. And you are best off going in expecting to fail on the first attempts. Think of these as trial runs and if/when you get rejected follow and ask what you could have done better/differently. Find out what employers are looking for in an entry level applicant. Modify your approach and try again.

Buying a house can wait. You'll want a good chunk of money saved up for a down payment before you start, so at this point your only worry is saving money. You'll probably need to rent a place until then. Roommates can be a pain, as you probably know, but are a good way to start saving money for your own place.

Bills are easy. They used to be a giant pain, but most stuff you can set up automatically online now to come out of a bank account, so as long as you have money you're fine. BUT, pay attention to your finances! Know when bills come out and about how much for, because a failed payment attempt can really screw things up. If you know you won't be able to pay in time, stop the automatic payment and call the company to work something out. Many are reasonable about things if you're making a good faith effort to pay them.

Food and whatnot...mostly requires practice. Watching cooking shows and youtube videos can help, and there is always the option of taking cooking classes.

Managing your finances really just takes some discipline. Keep track of how much you make, how much you need to spend in monthly bills, and budget out how much you have for food/gas/fun. A spreadsheet can do it, or you can get software for it. I recommend looking at your finances at least twice a month to keep a handle on where you are. If things are going well, it only takes a few minutes to check your balances and expenditures against your spreadsheet. Online banking really helps make all this easier.

Trust me, a lot of this was much harder to do back when I graduated college.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108643 on: October 28, 2016, 01:48:31 pm »

So...now that I've been for the most part coming out of a psychosis, I'm experiencing a very real depression I haven't felt in a long time. Even with daily activity and some exercise, medications and multivitamins, Omega 3s and for the most part healthy eating, and caffeine, I'm experiencing a severe amount of apathy, depression and a motivation. I'm going to talk to my doctor about putting me on a good antidepressant and a plan for it, which is an upside. But I have barely the energy or the want to do this gs throughout my day. Such as cleaning, maintaining my place, and in general doing things a individual would normally do throughout his/her day. So. I supposr it may be a effect of having coming out of the psychosis, and the very good medication I'm on for it. So at the same time I'm hopeful, and not taking that for granted but I am going to have to start talking about it more.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108644 on: October 28, 2016, 05:51:47 pm »

Have to return to my house (and my awful housemates) today.
Staying here with family is pretty bad, but at least they aren't loud, gross rednecks with the worst possible taste in music. :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7241 7242 [7243] 7244 7245 ... 8168