Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7240 7241 [7242] 7243 7244 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500815 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108615 on: October 27, 2016, 05:55:27 pm »

My last post on the subject. If anyone has a reply, let's take it to PM or a new thread.

I know this is literally the opposite of what you asked people to do, but I can't help myself from noting that people saying "I'm going to have the last word here, no one else should do so though." is somewhat hypocritical and a pet peeve of mine, why don't you just take this to pms or a new thread if you think it shouldn't be continued here instead of continuing it here?

Sorry to set you off, friendo. I was trying to write it in a way that said "feel free to reply, but I'll be replying by PM after this."

Which I'll be doing, now that that's cleared up. >_o

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108616 on: October 27, 2016, 06:24:49 pm »

You know what sucks? Having several of your fields of interest, that you want to talk about and share with someone else, be not interesting to anyone around you, like, at all.

It's the main reason why I still don't have anyone I can really call a friend. Well, that and the general extreme social awkwardness due to me missing the school almost entirely.

It's late, but I totally feel you. There aren't many people I know who can understand me when I get excited and start talking sci/math. And since I don't really get everything that most people talk about (boys my age tend to discuss food, farts, football, and fucking, from what I've seen), I have very few friends. How can we bond when neither of us understands the other? I feel like I'm in a foreign land when I interact with people outside of my tiny social circle.

*hugs the B12 Fora* You people are seriously my best only friends. (Well, give or take a few schoolmates.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108617 on: October 27, 2016, 06:30:18 pm »

*hugs Dozebôm*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108618 on: October 27, 2016, 06:49:11 pm »

Yeah, I'm not saying they had a nefarious purpose behind it, like an intent to catfish, it's just something that rubs me the wrong way.
On Facebook?  Jeez, I'd never do that on Facebook.
I go weeks without Facebook though, I use it almost exclusively for family and friends I've grown apart from.

It's great fun in video games, though.  Came up in our tabletop game yesterday, actually...  Me and the GM have both experienced it, without lying, in the same way:  Playing support characters and using a lot of smileys and affectionate tone.

The difference is, he was surprised (he's new to playing support).  I'm used to people jumping to such a conclusion, and being agender I don't mind.  Heck I think I like the idea that my online expression is ambiguous, and even attractive to others.  Particularly since I don't get it by lying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108619 on: October 27, 2016, 06:54:31 pm »

That horned cat Harry Potter picture doesn't seem that attractive to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108620 on: October 27, 2016, 07:33:45 pm »

i would smash that harry potter cat and may no one dare come between my immense fervor and rolan's avi, lest they feel my lust-whack

translated for the common reader

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108621 on: October 27, 2016, 10:40:38 pm »

Goddamn Fedex.  It's been over 3 years since I left them, and they still make my life hell.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108622 on: October 27, 2016, 10:41:06 pm »

My shitty-ass health insurance plan that won't cover anything that costs less than $6000 is increasing its rates. Next year the cost will have increased by 47%, from $137 a month to $202 a month. This is a health insurance plan that has basically not done anything for me except drain my savings each month.

So now I need to look for a better plan from a different provider because fuck this provider's money gouging. I was already thinking of changing plans earlier this year but haven't gotten around to it yet. And I can't not have health insurance (despite the fact that I almost never have a need for it in my current situation) because otherwise I get a monthly fine for not having any health insurance.

Thanks Obama. I've been hearing complaints about rising costs of health insurance but it's another thing to actually have it happen to me.

Gee, I hope once I get out of this shitty community college with a shitty associate's degree I can find a decent job so I can earn a decent enough wage to have a decent enough living and make ends meet. That's all I am realistically hoping for at this point. Talk about depressing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108623 on: October 27, 2016, 10:42:04 pm »

*hugs SalmonGod*

What happened?  :u

*hugs Spehss_*

Yeah, uh, you need better insurance :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108624 on: October 27, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »

In other news, running out of PMs is unfun...
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108625 on: October 27, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »

Wait, that can happen? :o

Oh shit I just remembered! It's like, 30 PMs, right?
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108626 on: October 27, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

I had a "holy shit, MZ is attractive," moment earlier, and now I feel like a jerk. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108627 on: October 27, 2016, 11:16:44 pm »

20, actually.  :v

*sigh*

Really isn't good when you don't even have an alternate contact method either.

I had a "holy shit, MZ is attractive," moment earlier, and now I feel like a jerk. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.
:(
*hugs*
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108628 on: October 27, 2016, 11:22:39 pm »

Yeah, uh, you need better insurance :x
No shit. Apathetic customers are easy prey. I should've gotten better insurance months ago, but what do I know about the process of changing insurance, right, I'm only a college kid.

This is probably what's really getting me so depressed. I have no really applicable "life" experience. I have no idea what I'm going to do after college. Get a job, but have no experience applying, or working. Get a home, but have no idea what the process is for actually buying a place to live, or paying bills or mortgage or any of that. Hell, I don't know if I can even afford a place to live. I need to look into that. Other stuff like cooking or paying bills or managing finances or etc.

What the hell have I been doing for these 20 years of my life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108629 on: October 27, 2016, 11:25:09 pm »

20, actually.  :v

*sigh*

Really isn't good when you don't even have an alternate contact method either.
B-but... me thinks that, once the PM limit g-gets renewed... y-you can t-try to use those PMs to... set up those "alternative contact methods", right?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 7240 7241 [7242] 7243 7244 ... 8168