Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7242 7243 [7244] 7245 7246 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500008 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108645 on: October 28, 2016, 07:02:39 pm »

Try blasting "American Idiot" at them and singing along with the "redneck agenda" parts. That should make them hate you.

...er, I don't know how that solves anything, but it could make you feel better? Also Green Day is good and that should cancel out the bad music. And if it gets loud enough you'll be deaf and you won't be able to hear the bad music.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:18:13 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108646 on: October 28, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »

Try blasting "American Idiot" at them and singing along with the "redneck agenda" parts. That should make them hate you.

...er, I don't know how that solves anything, but it could make you feel better? Also Green Day is good and that should cancel out the bad music. And if it gets loud enough you'll be deaf and you won't be able to hear the bad music.
Ehh, I'm sure I'd enjoy blasting some music at them, but unfortunately I'm much too shy to do anything like that.   
Methinks I'd rather just move out.

Semi-related Sad: my phone's battery fell out and now the date is showing as the first day of 2015. Man, if only I could actually travel back to that point of time and, y'know, not completely ruin the few good aspects of my life. ::) 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108647 on: October 28, 2016, 09:03:45 pm »

*hugpats*

We can't change the past.

We can only change the future.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108648 on: October 28, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »

*hugs TMS*

Can't really offer relationship advice, but if you want to vent or anything...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108649 on: October 28, 2016, 09:54:14 pm »

Semi-related Sad: my phone's battery fell out and now the date is showing as the first day of 2015. Man, if only I could actually travel back to that point of time and, y'know, not completely ruin the few good aspects of my life. ::)

If you didn't ruin them, you probably wouldn't have learned their true value to you. You'd not have grown the same way, and gained the same perspective you have now.

But yeah, like TBF said, look forward. Life continues. Make new good places to be, and kindle new good things for yourself. You deserve it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108650 on: October 28, 2016, 09:58:25 pm »

Anxiety dream. Woke up 9:28am. Writing it began 10:13am. Me noticing the small important details getting 'grained' over by the sands of sleep at around 10:15. Anxiety lasted around half or so an hour with nice focusing on breathing. Checked the time between doing things and recovering from the feelings at 9:48. Got out of bed at 10:11.

And I've written only two pages of thoughts :<

If you didn't ruin them, you probably wouldn't have learned their true value to you. You'd not have grown the same way, and gained the same perspective you have now.

But yeah, like TBF said, look forward. Life continues. Make new good places to be, and kindle new good things for yourself. You deserve it.
Thiiiis. Big point here--what you think about it can give much insight when there's either feedback, or when you re-assess it. There's just a lot that's happening when you do it that one might easily miss what had happened in the cognitive mechanisms of the mind, and rather see what the mental eye is focused on.

Because life is a continuum. Your aspects are always growing. There were 'decidedly good times' probably in the past; that doesn't mean any "decline" to where you are now has you in a worse situation; it can more be that it's working with what had happened gradually over time, over so many experiences. There's always a way to proceed with it that aligns with both one's expectations and a better idea of it all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #108651 on: October 28, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »

It'll be okay Caroline.  Everything's gonna work out for you, you'll see.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108652 on: October 29, 2016, 08:36:00 am »

At least until the raptors come to finish off mankind.

What? Was it something I said? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108653 on: October 29, 2016, 08:43:39 am »

@Caroline:*hugs, hugs, and lots more hugs*
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108654 on: October 29, 2016, 03:58:02 pm »

I've been all day with a headache that wont go away alongside a dozen of other minor discomforting symptoms. I can't quite figure out what's amiss..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108655 on: October 29, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »

The raptors.

It's always the raptors.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #108656 on: October 29, 2016, 04:10:27 pm »

crush is over

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108657 on: October 29, 2016, 07:03:50 pm »

There's a really neat community project on another gaming forum that I frequent that I'm a part of, and it's starting to look like it got derailed by petty drama.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108658 on: October 29, 2016, 08:56:29 pm »

Wife invited friends over for board games.  Feeling too anti-social and mentally exhausted to learn new board games.  I'm like this every Saturday, because the work week kicks my ass.  It's like what I imagine a hangover feels like.  Yet Saturday is the day that everybody wants to do things.  So I always come off as distant and jerkish, and can't maintain any kind of social life.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108659 on: October 29, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »

Push yourself to enjoy it. You just need to get over the difficulty of starting and it won't be as difficult. You really want working to be the only significant thing you did all week?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7242 7243 [7244] 7245 7246 ... 8168