Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6919 6920 [6921] 6922 6923 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442078 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103800 on: April 02, 2016, 08:42:09 pm »

Depends a lot on the person, and what works for you, yeah. I like meditation, occasionally swimming (not so much these days, but I do miss it, heh) or meandering around woodland/overgrown areas when it's cold enough (being florida, that basically means never, but still), and the standard gaming/reading/etc., m'self. Daydreaming/writing is can be pretty nice, too... just kinda' lose yourself in idle creativity. Used to really like climbing around accessible sand/clay pits and whatnot when I was younger, but my spine et al largely precludes that sorta' thing these days.

My mother does artwork, mostly painting these days. Grandmother does gardening and occasionally knitting and whatnot. Grandfather tools around with machine maintenance, mostly, or just sits outside and watches the sky/pets/etc. Sometimes even people watches, which is an odd alone time thing, but seems to work for 'im. Got more than one family member that does music.

There's oodles and oodles of things that are really good for alone time. Low-ish effort creative works tend to be a very common theme. Art, writing, maybe music composition or playing if that's your thing. Sing, if you can find an area sufficiently isolated/insulated that's a private thing. Write dirty limericks or drinking songs or whatev', it doesn't have to be high quality. Could do yoga, dancing, that sort of thing. Lot of time that sort of stuff's even nicer 'cause you can include others if you want to, but there's no explicit need for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103801 on: April 02, 2016, 08:47:56 pm »

What Frumple said, yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103802 on: April 02, 2016, 09:00:20 pm »

How am I supposed to memorize all these different subjects and equations and formulas and terms for a physics test aaaaaaaaaaa. I am going to fail this test why am I wasting time why am I such shit aaaaaaa.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103803 on: April 02, 2016, 09:02:15 pm »

How am I supposed to memorize all these different subjects and equations and formulas and terms for a physics test aaaaaaaaaaa. I am going to fail this test why am I wasting time why am I such shit aaaaaaa.
Make flashcards, or an index card, or something.

You will succeed.  I know you can.

You made it into space.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103804 on: April 02, 2016, 09:02:57 pm »

To be fair, memorising equations is basically pointless outside of exams when you can find it in three seconds anyway.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103805 on: April 02, 2016, 09:03:30 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:09:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103806 on: April 02, 2016, 09:22:20 pm »

I don't know what advice to offer and that makes me sad.

Get better soon, or I will be rude to you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103807 on: April 02, 2016, 09:25:46 pm »

I read textbooks. It's better than just reading books because I don't have that nagging feeling that I'm wasting my time.

Besides, when I feel more sociable, I can then talk about art history and other nerdy things people I know talk about and not get bored out of my mind when the people at the LGBT group open their mouth and speak gibberish.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:27:31 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103808 on: April 02, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:09:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103809 on: April 02, 2016, 09:33:56 pm »

Lately I've been taking walks by myself and taking pictures of flowers. I've also been trying to identify the plants - it's often a fun puzzle, and it's surprising how much there is to learn about plants I've seen hundreds of times. I didn't even know most of their names before, but now I can tell where there are going to be some berries in my yard from just the flowers.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103810 on: April 02, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »

Simple practical things can be good, too. Sewing is one that works for me; put on some background noise, cut patches, break out needle and thread, and manually patch some rips. There's a meditative quality to it, and patches can be made pretty.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103811 on: April 02, 2016, 10:08:26 pm »

Yeah. Taking walks by myself, reading up on something I wanted to read up on, cleaning up something at home, watching lectures or stupid videos on Youtube, etc. All good things I try to do when I need time to myself.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103812 on: April 02, 2016, 10:34:53 pm »

It's somewhat creeping me that TheBiggerFish started redacting *platonic* from their own hugs.

Have they finally realized their own feelings?! @.@
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103813 on: April 02, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »

He's got the hots for all of us. RIP.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103814 on: April 02, 2016, 10:44:40 pm »

[Talking to others & therapist]
Awh :< I know that feeling muchly.
Though personally, I think your therapist will pretty much respect your decision to not talk to people because everyone needs their alone-time (or quiet time, time to think, time of tranquility, etc.). Maybe a suggestion their way on that path would be better because it tells them about a concern of yours :O
The only context I can personally see wherein they'd nudge you to talk to others is when that decision may become unhealthy, which...I don't think you'll slip into given how you're able to be vocal. Personally, I did non-verbal talking with my GC (Guidance Counselor) once wherein I used my phone to type stuff and tell her things which I couldn't verbalize or 'I didn't feel like talking about' or such. :) It's always better to talk to those who you're pretty sure aren't like the mean ones who create that sense of imbalance or 'aura of meanness' ._.
But mmph, hope it goes well there buddy.

[...]I'm a profoundly disagreeable person who argues with everyone (including, a lot of the time, Tiruin).[...]
And I love it when you do this, really. ;3 It helps me express what I think too--instead of letting me express in a way by which I only take what is 'generally best'. It's that wit which I love talking with because it creates a...'relate'ing environment.
I mean, you do this very well--you don't aggravate in your words, nor put on any aggressive tone. It's like a stern-but-kindly thing that I find myself fumbling with words over because I can't attach the right adjective to in the list of 100' or so adjectives in mind.

I find that you're not really a disagreeable and argumentative person--you're rather very witty, and well-versed in expressing yourself at higher-levels of thinking. It's a theme that is much less 'disagreeable' on the surface and more...thoughtful, as a core point.

On the alone time--pursuing personal preferences (even tiny, simple acts that don't seem that engaging) can work. Bird-watching, sketching a beautiful environment around you, walking in nature, or diverting your thoughts towards things you value.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sads (click to show/hide)
Well, science continues apace. Who knows, they may find a way to cure the issue before it becomes too bad far you.

Still, regardless, I hope that it doesn't proceed to worsen.
Erh .-. me too. I've found myself both intrigued and  :o :-\ when I compare my vision when without or with eyeglasses (11 year old eyeglasses...that still work). Somehow this gives me insight in a way.
But thanks for that.

Don't let TheBiggerFish hug you. I can't emphasize this enough. He started off platonically, but he quickly became nonplatonic. Consider yourselves warned.
This humor. :P (But we appreciate your hugs TBF)

It's somewhat creeping me that TheBiggerFish started redacting *platonic* from their own hugs.

Have they finally realized their own feelings?! @.@
Oh you. :P
I think he did that because he realized it's not needed because hugs are implied to be, y'know, non-anything-that-may-be-creepy.
Pages: 1 ... 6919 6920 [6921] 6922 6923 ... 8167