Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6918 6919 [6920] 6921 6922 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443710 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103785 on: April 02, 2016, 03:07:54 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:14:37 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103786 on: April 02, 2016, 03:10:50 pm »

:(

*applies more hugs*

Get well soon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103787 on: April 02, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »

Don't let TheBiggerFish hug you. I can't emphasize this enough. He started off platonically, but he quickly became nonplatonic. Consider yourselves warned.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:51:53 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103788 on: April 02, 2016, 03:51:44 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:14:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103789 on: April 02, 2016, 04:13:07 pm »

If it helps, I do not want your butt. :)

I can relate to not wanting to be social. Been told everything I've done is wrong, etc. Those people were just incredibly mean, and many of the worst of them are in prison, so there's that.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103790 on: April 02, 2016, 04:26:04 pm »

i knew i could count on you, truean :D

yeah, it's true, isn't it? people are so fucking mean.

i keep having nightmares about being raped. it didn't bother me for the first two nights. now it's getting old.

then i fantasize about having somebody to confide in. first it's all jazz and roses and mood lighting then my fantasy figure starts picking on me and calling me weak and broken and doesn't want to be seen with me in public. then i clam up and the imaginary friend starts shaming me for a lack of emotional involvement. then i try to stop dreaming about this false person and they call me a traitor and disloyal for not being more considerate, and saying that i owe them for all the flowers and soft piano music because they're so fucking great and i should be grateful grateful grateful that they bothered to spatula me off the road where i got killed (and then ran me over a few more times). then it's just images of me being beaten or strangled over and over. violence and nightmares.

then i really don't want to talk to anyone. like now. don't quote me, i'm going to edit this post so that i can avoid having spoken.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103791 on: April 02, 2016, 04:30:45 pm »

For what it's worth, I know the feeling. Also in a perfect world, I'd hug you nicely and be the good parts of that.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103792 on: April 02, 2016, 04:32:57 pm »

I second the second half of Truean's post.  I wish I could actually help, but unfortunately I'm limited to words on a screen.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103793 on: April 02, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »

I'm sad that something so shitty to experience is also so persistent, Vec. :(

Hope that doesn't drop too many hints at the original post content. I can edit if necessary.

i'm also sad that the card game i went to play turned out to be really unfun, leading me to drop out after all hope of winning a payout had been exhausted, which is why i'm here right now

dunno where to go from here? probably get some work done or something, but this weekend has just been a relentless series of fun plans turning out to be total failures
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103794 on: April 02, 2016, 04:44:28 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:13:48 pm by Vector »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103795 on: April 02, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »

I really want to help Vector...

I don't know how, or if, I can...
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103796 on: April 02, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

[/shitpost]
That's horrible but I laughed. I'm sorry.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103797 on: April 02, 2016, 07:22:33 pm »

The best you can do is not be one of those people, and you're doing pretty good at that.

I guess I'm just only too young to have my faith in people obliterated, but I really think some alone time would be good. It's not like one is required to socialize all the time.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103798 on: April 02, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

vector, there's only one answer:

kidnap matt damon and go live on mars
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103799 on: April 02, 2016, 08:23:30 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:11:02 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 6918 6919 [6920] 6921 6922 ... 8167