Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6670 6671 [6672] 6673 6674 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431538 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100065 on: December 23, 2015, 08:56:51 pm »

i'm just so sick
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100066 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:02 pm »

I am so sick of Christmas

Same.  It just drags on for weeks and weeks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100067 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:17 pm »

my hands have been thoroughly fucked over the last three days

cuts on my thumbs, got my finger stuck between the desk and the floor, and burned my pinky

how am i going to do things with mah boy when he comes down now?! D:

like... thumb wrestle. yeah. thumb wrestle.

* Descan laments mein digits!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100068 on: December 23, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »

I like Christmas.  At least the music, if not the frantically searching for affordable gifts and trying to pin down what one wants.

So... Basically I like the music and winter.   Okay then.

@Descan: That sucks...
Hope they get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100069 on: December 23, 2015, 09:46:21 pm »

So my great-grandfather died earlier today. I don't really think that there was all that much holding him back-97 years is a long time to live, and he had used it to the fullest, but it still hurts, even if I didn't know him very well. RIP
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100070 on: December 23, 2015, 09:47:16 pm »

...My condolences, again.

This Christmas is depressingly replete with sads...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100071 on: December 23, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »

Agreed.
I've left it too late and have too little money to buy gifts for everyone (and if I bought something for just one person that would snowball into buying gifts for all of the fuckers), so I guess I'll just spend Christmas hiding out at home until it all blows over. Hopefully people forget I exist.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100072 on: December 23, 2015, 11:56:12 pm »

Quote from:  

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100073 on: December 24, 2015, 12:44:45 am »

Quote from:  

Empty quotes are quite sad, yes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #100074 on: December 24, 2015, 01:10:03 am »

Agreed.
I've left it too late and have too little money to buy gifts for everyone (and if I bought something for just one person that would snowball into buying gifts for all of the fuckers), so I guess I'll just spend Christmas hiding out at home until it all blows over. Hopefully people forget I exist.

Make fudge. It is cheap, easy, a little goes a long way, and most people love it. A single batch can make presents for quite a few people.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100075 on: December 24, 2015, 01:14:49 am »

Too true, though mostly it was a bad joke in reponse to Yoink's post which in retrospect, I maybe should of thought about a bit more about.

Working tonight till midnight. Retail, so I have to listen to Christmas carols all night. The work I don't mind, for a start it's air-coned & it's a day's pay for just over 3hrs of work. It's the 3 months straight of Christmas carols that drives me nuts. Is there a mildly annoyed thread, it belongs more there than here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100076 on: December 24, 2015, 01:21:13 am »

Agreed.

Speaking of the holiday season, as an Austrailian what's your opinion of all this eurocentric/usacentric "winter solstice" nonsense that tends to crop up around this time of year?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100077 on: December 24, 2015, 01:24:18 am »

I suddenly got jolted awake by neck pain a few minutes ago, after my neck seemed to be totally healed. Now my sleep schedule is fucked, I can't turn my head for pain, AND I need to make a doctors appointment. Fuck my fucking life.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100078 on: December 24, 2015, 02:05:48 am »

Too true, though mostly it was a bad joke in reponse to Yoink's post which in retrospect, I maybe should of thought about a bit more about.
Hahah, actually I thought that might have been what you meant at the time, I just didn't respond in case you'd just accidentally posted an empty quote and I would have looked silly for reading too much into things. Good luck coping with those carols!

Speaking of the holiday season, as an Austrailian what's your opinion of all this eurocentric/usacentric "winter solstice" nonsense that tends to crop up around this time of year?
Well, for the most part the whole "families gathering indoors, huddling around the fireplace sharing gifts and dutiful love in an orgy of festive consumerism" thing simply becomes "families gathering outdoors, huddling around the swimming pool sharing gifts and dutiful love in an orgy of festive consumerism" instead.

As for the actual astrological thing, well, I've never seen/paid attention it in either hemisphere so I don't exactly have an opinion of it. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #100079 on: December 24, 2015, 02:41:36 am »

Same here. No holiday cheer whatsoever for me this year.

In other sads, my insomnia kicked me in the face last night, after a few hopeful fall-asleep-before-midnight ones. I'm so tired but I can't sleep.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6670 6671 [6672] 6673 6674 ... 8167