Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6671 6672 [6673] 6674 6675 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432021 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100080 on: December 24, 2015, 03:05:54 am »

How many days in a row now have I posted in this thread complaining that I stayed up until at least 2 am on the internet? Because I'm doing it again.

I need to stop doing this. Probably need to change a  lot of things with my life, while I'm complaining about it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100081 on: December 24, 2015, 03:07:44 am »

Oof.
Speaking as someone who's an hour later than you, I offer my condolences on the loss of your morning...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100082 on: December 24, 2015, 03:31:40 am »

I dunno, some people just feel more comfortable getting up later and going to bed later. Like me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100083 on: December 24, 2015, 03:34:26 am »

I dunno, some people just feel more comfortable getting up later and going to bed later. Like me.
I prefer this but my life dictates otherwise.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #100084 on: December 24, 2015, 03:35:45 am »

Doesn't work when one has school or work to go to. I can sleep in today, since it's the holidays, but I need to get my sleep schedule sorted out sooner rather than later.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100085 on: December 24, 2015, 03:39:21 am »

Doesn't work when one has school or work to go to. I can sleep in today, since it's the holidays, but I need to get my sleep schedule sorted out sooner rather than later.
Exactly my problem.
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100086 on: December 24, 2015, 06:38:16 am »

How many days in a row now have I posted in this thread complaining that I stayed up until at least 2 am on the internet? Because I'm doing it again.

I need to stop doing this. Probably need to change a  lot of things with my life, while I'm complaining about it.
Bluh, I've been staying awake until 2am reading stuff on the internet too

(well, more like until my phone battery runs out...)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100087 on: December 24, 2015, 10:19:38 am »

Was up till like 5.
It's now 10 AM.
How am I awake?
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100088 on: December 24, 2015, 10:52:50 am »

Have I mentioned how much I dislike how I look? Of course, of course, I'm "attractive" and "above average" and "lucky" and all that nonsense. It's frustrating that when I ask people about it they tell me that I look fine. Sure, they are sincere, and they do think I look fine, but it's all psychological. They would see me as attractive when they stop to analyze me but subconsciously they'll know that I am not that attractive. But because they aren't interested in this sort of things they don't actually grasp what is wrong with my appearance so all they can manage is a noncommittal "you look fine".

It's especially irritating that despite me studying aesthetics, the finer points of improving my appearance eludes me. Sure, getting in shape and having my eyebrows done are straightforward, but then there's the issue with my hair and face and makeups. I can keep my hair healthy and have it silkier than a fucking worm's ass, but because I don't have a good hairstyle all of that is pointless, and when I go to get a haircut they won't advise me. I mean, if I knew what the fuck I wanted with my hair, then I wouldn't have gone to a goddamn hairstylist won't I? And the makeups tutorials are either made by white girls or people who have no idea what the fuck they're doing, while the androgyny makeup tutorials that don't suck are as accessible as the Voynich Manuscript.

tl;dr I wish the ways to look good wasn't so goddamn obtuse when you aren't a celebrity with the natural looks already. Why isn't there a school for this sort of things. Like, an actual school instead of health & beauty institutions ran by middle-aged women who, while they don't look so bad, are mediocre at best.

And no, I'm not nuking this post because it might offend someone.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:01:14 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100089 on: December 24, 2015, 11:18:12 am »

I don't know but I would expect different hairstyles to be attractive to different people. I know that's how it is for hair color anyways.

The people you're asking are probably afraid they'll offend you for no good reason (after all, it's subjective).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100090 on: December 24, 2015, 11:26:37 am »

Some specifics there are confusing (...white girls?), but there are schools teaching those things along body aesthetics out there. :O People may also be saying you look fine because, overall, you really do look fine (and may not catch on a specific you were asking about other than 'How do you think I look?')

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100091 on: December 24, 2015, 11:34:58 am »

Yeah, beauty is both subjective and cultural (i personally find it unattractive when people make too much of a fuzz about how they look, so there's a spanner in the works for ya :v), and all attempts at making a universally attractive face has been met with a "yeah s/he's reasonably pretty" at best, which is a FAR CRY from everyone wanting to bag you. But, given that vanity is an almost alien concept to me (my looks are based on what takes the least effort from me), i cannot offer anything actually useful. Good luck figuring it out, i guess?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100092 on: December 24, 2015, 11:38:03 am »

Yeah, beauty is both subjective and cultural (i personally find it unattractive when people make too much of a fuzz about how they look, so there's a spanner in the works for ya :v), and all attempts at making a universally attractive face has been met with a "yeah s/he's reasonably pretty" at best, which is a FAR CRY from everyone wanting to bag you. But, given that vanity is an almost alien concept to me (my looks are based on what takes the least effort from me), i cannot offer anything actually useful. Good luck figuring it out, i guess?
Pretty much the same...
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100093 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:46 am »

It's especially irritating that despite me studying aesthetics, the finer points of improving my appearance eludes me. Sure, getting in shape and having my eyebrows done are straightforward, but then there's the issue with my hair and face and makeups. I can keep my hair healthy and have it silkier than a fucking worm's ass, but because I don't have a good hairstyle all of that is pointless, and when I go to get a haircut they won't advise me. I mean, if I knew what the fuck I wanted with my hair, then I wouldn't have gone to a goddamn hairstylist won't I?
i can relate to this
i want to do something with my hair but idk what and im too nervous to ask anybody or actually try, so my hair looks terrible 90% of the time. and when i post pictures where it somehow doesn't nobody says anything v:

And no, I'm not nuking this post because it might offend someone. Go fuck yourself, you oversensitive dipshit. I'm pissed off at everything and you can't tell me how I ought to act.
this is rude and unneeded, though. almost makes me want to write a dumb rant on how lucky you are to actually have an so while i'm trying so hard but nothing is working
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:54:32 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100094 on: December 24, 2015, 11:51:53 am »

... Yeah, I don't think anyone here is going to be offended about you being annoyed at your looks...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6671 6672 [6673] 6674 6675 ... 8167