Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6644 6645 [6646] 6647 6648 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447834 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99675 on: December 09, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »

Talking always seems to help
Social human!
Good job!

But yeah, it's a thing.  Putting your thoughts and feelings down somewhere tends to help you deal with them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:20:37 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #99676 on: December 09, 2015, 05:37:49 pm »

Had a massive rant written out.
Don't even want to bother again.

Basically, I got angry about some injustices in the past (one of which was a professor who failed my mom and made her lose her chance at a degree for the heck of it) and my mom responded with "You have been pampered all your life. This world is not fair." I told her that I knew that, but even if it wasn't fair we should try to make it better.
She started mocking me and how I've had violent outbursts and done stupid things (things I really, really regret and really do not like talking about) and how I've gotten away with it so easily (i.e. I didn't get expelled and failed in everything, as well as beaten up) and how I've been so 'protected' and my sisters join in and they started joking about 'the poor little kid' and 'he could get psychological harm' and it really got on my nerves.

Now I feel really stupid and weak and I hate myself and apparently all the progress I've made on telling wrong from right is ruined for a good while when I thought I was finally getting things figured out and it makes me even angrier at myself that such a tiny idiotic thing could mess me up so much.
C! Your family's just ignorant and narrow-minded, you are so much greater than them in that regard. as far as i can tell, they think that because the world isnt fair now it has to always be this way. it doesnt have to be, which you realise. you can tell right from wrong, much better than they. to them it's just grey, which we all know is fairly boring and bland of a color.

your parents have settled, you dont have to. i hope your siblings will come around too, but you can always rely on yourself and we'll do our best to be dependable too

i believe in you, we're all rooting for you! we love you C!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99677 on: December 09, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »

Fear not, we'll get around to that kidnapping eventually.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99678 on: December 09, 2015, 10:52:21 pm »

I came across a former friend on Warcraft today, one that the friendship had ended rather... Poorly. Its funny, I was hoping that I would not come across her, and yet I did, five minutes after I returned from my 5 month Hiatus.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:03:57 am by Foamybeard »
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99679 on: December 09, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »

@Caroline:
I don't know much of anything about your legal system.  Is it that bad?

...I still feel terrible that I can't do anything more substantial to help you out.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99680 on: December 09, 2015, 11:05:40 pm »

Exuberant, over-the-top people kinda... well, not exactly scare me, but they certainly freak me out a little. Put me off-guard.
I wish I was an exuberant, excitable (and by extension exciting) person myself, but I could never pull that off. :-\ Unless I'm drunk.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99681 on: December 10, 2015, 12:16:22 am »

So you want to be off-putting to yourself?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99682 on: December 10, 2015, 12:23:32 am »

For the first time in four years, one of my professors held a final at a time other than the university exam schedule, which for this reason I ended up missing entirely. Now, technically speaking, even in the worst case scenario I cannot be penalized for that, and push comes to shove I can file appeal. Hopefully though he'll just let me take it tomorrow.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99683 on: December 10, 2015, 12:41:46 am »

... Congratulations on being in the college student's nightmare IRL? :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99684 on: December 10, 2015, 12:46:50 am »

I think it may have happened because I missed the very last normal class. While going back through my notes I found it was announced some weeks back, but he didn't actually mention that it was an off-schedule time, which is kind of important given that almost all classes use the official exam schedule. I only found out because he emailed me, so I get the feeling it'll be worked out.

If not, I'll just appeal to the university. I can't be denied my final for believing the schedule they themselves establish is accurate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99685 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:47 am »

... Congratulations on being in the college student's nightmare IRL? :(

I never had that nightmare until after college. And the storyline it always followed for me was that I rostered the class and then forgot about it until far enough into the semester that I'd already missed so much graded material that even if I got 100% on everything from that point on I still wouldn't have enough credits to pass the class
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99686 on: December 10, 2015, 03:54:01 am »

Only of those sort of nightmares I get are of me still living in my dorm years after the rest of my grade passed, because I never actually passed myself.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99687 on: December 10, 2015, 04:11:33 am »

Social isolation. Even online.
Well, it's mostly my own fault for spending so much time talking to my bf I guess, but it sucks that I have a grand total of one person I can really trust to care about me and not give excuses when I suggest spending time together.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99688 on: December 10, 2015, 04:20:13 am »

I'd be happy to spend some time talking or gaming or whatever with you if you like. Admittedly mine probably isn't the nicest company, but if you don't mind, I guess.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99689 on: December 10, 2015, 06:55:54 am »

I'd be happy to spend some time talking or gaming or whatever with you if you like. Admittedly mine probably isn't the nicest company, but if you don't mind, I guess.
Same here, if I have time.  Granted, I have way too much homework, but I'm sure I can at least find time on the weekends.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6644 6645 [6646] 6647 6648 ... 8167