Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6643 6644 [6645] 6646 6647 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447573 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99660 on: December 09, 2015, 05:47:18 am »

I am good in all the wrong things, my hobbies just make people think I'm weird, I'm unattractive and I can't talk to people for shit. Why do I even bother when there's plenty of people around that are just better than me. If I try something it invariably goes badly and I just become scared of trying it again. I haven't accomplished anything at all except alienating some people over the last six months. I'm probably making people hate me by my dumb attention whoring right now.
I also just did terrible on an important final because I just played games all day instead of putting in effort. I decided to be honest to my parents and said it went badly when I got home and that I didn't want to talk about it, only to get yelled at and forced to talk. This is why I never tell you anything, worthless shitlords. I guess I'll just say everything is fine next time, that way I won't feel three times as bad afterward. They only ever make things worse when I tell them things. And this post is going to be ignored yet again, because nobody seems to care.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99661 on: December 09, 2015, 06:00:24 am »

@miauw:
I...
Look. You cannot make any of us hate you for using this thread for its intended purpose.
I... Don't know what hobbies you have, but trust me, not everyone thinks you're weird.
Also, you bother because the only way to be that good is to actually do stuff.

I care, IcyTea cares, most all of us care.  Got it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99662 on: December 09, 2015, 06:06:25 am »

Posts often get ignored in here, same as the other emotion threads. That doesn't mean people don't care. I hope so, anyway.

I care. That seems pretty mean of your parents, to shout at your for admitting something you felt bad about- and something that shouting isn't going to help in the slightest. By the way, you definitely aren't unattractive. If you feel like changing something, why not try growing your hair out? Then again that's basically my advice for every dude. But still. You should.

Edit: Aw jeez I still feel sad. It's like reading that book has just opened the floodgates of Sad.
I'm just all lethargic, sitting here listening to sweet, sad songs and not feeling like doing anything. I often feel weird and out of sorts for a while (days, even) after taking in a piece of literature or other media that touches me emotionally, but this is kinda ridiculous.

I guess I was pretty sad to start with. That probably has something to do with it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:20:28 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99663 on: December 09, 2015, 07:02:50 am »

Posts often get ignored in here, same as the other emotion threads. That doesn't mean people don't care.
This. For what it's worth, I'm here, reading every single post in the thread. Others probably do this, too. I rarely have something to say, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I might be too late to contribute (sleep has to happen, some time), or just not be qualified to give advice, but all sads are being listened to, and sympathised with, even if you don't necessarily realise it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99664 on: December 09, 2015, 07:25:29 am »

I am good in all the wrong things, my hobbies just make people think I'm weird, I'm unattractive and I can't talk to people for shit. Why do I even bother when there's plenty of people around that are just better than me. If I try something it invariably goes badly and I just become scared of trying it again. I haven't accomplished anything at all except alienating some people over the last six months. I'm probably making people hate me by my dumb attention whoring right now.
I also just did terrible on an important final because I just played games all day instead of putting in effort. I decided to be honest to my parents and said it went badly when I got home and that I didn't want to talk about it, only to get yelled at and forced to talk. This is why I never tell you anything, worthless shitlords. I guess I'll just say everything is fine next time, that way I won't feel three times as bad afterward. They only ever make things worse when I tell them things. And this post is going to be ignored yet again, because nobody seems to care.

Don't think nobody cares or that you're somehow emotionaly isolated at any point in your life. There's always people caring for you, wether you know it or not. As strange as it may sound, being yelled at and forced to have a serious talk with parents over a fault of yours is a way of knowing they care about you, though they may not be able to express it in the best way possible.

Resignation is a virtue at times like these. You already accepted that your failure only came about due to your lack of effort, and you're suffering for it now. The next step is moving on and working to compensate for it and generally improving things, don't get trapped in sadness/depression, remember that there are people that care for you, and that you being in this situation also saddens them (and by extention, us) as well, so when you're working to improve things, don't do it only for yourself, do it for them as well.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99665 on: December 09, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »

Laptop still not responding to charging cord, won't turn on.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99666 on: December 09, 2015, 01:00:44 pm »

Diarrhea. What a wonderful fucking way to start my morning.

I am good in all the wrong things,
No such thing. You are good at things, and that is important. And as everyone has said, we care. Just because someone doesn't respond doesn't mean their heart isn't going out to you, Miauw.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #99667 on: December 09, 2015, 02:28:56 pm »

There was half a squirrel lying on the path I take to walk to class today
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99668 on: December 09, 2015, 02:52:20 pm »

Diarrhea. What a wonderful fucking way to start my morning.
Sounds like a crappy beginning to your day
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99669 on: December 09, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »

@Caroline: That's called gaslighting. Don't let them get to you and make you think the bad things are your fault; they definitely aren't. Also, miserable-pampered is a sliding scale, not a dichotomy. Just because you are not absolutely miserable, doesn't mean you are some spoiled bastard. Never think otherwise.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99670 on: December 09, 2015, 03:18:14 pm »

Caroline, punch your family in the face. *

*don't do this. At least not until you're all ready to move out and never see them ever again.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #99671 on: December 09, 2015, 03:22:47 pm »

@Caroline: That's called gaslighting. Don't let them get to you and make you think the bad things are your fault; they definitely aren't. Also, miserable-pampered is a sliding scale, not a dichotomy. Just because you are not absolutely miserable, doesn't mean you are some spoiled bastard. Never think otherwise.
Technically it's the fallacy of relative privation (i.e., the "starving children in africa" fallacy, where it claims your feelings are invalidated because someone else is suffering worse). Gas lighting is where your surroundings are changed and everyone acts like it's always been that way to make you doubt your own sanity (and it actually works to). For example moving furniture and then claiming it's always been that it's always been that way would be gaslighting.

That said yeah, don't let them get to you. We know you're awesome, and given time the rest of the world will come to know it too. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99672 on: December 09, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »

@Caroline:... WTF is wrong with your parents that they call what seems to be a lifetime of outright psychological abuse pampered?!

Also, you are so very right.
The world isn't fair and we should make it better.
I would, for you, start with moving out ASAP/contacting social services/LAWSUITS.
Seriously, lawsuits.  This is outright child abuse.

Argh, I can't DO anything to help...

Well that's my sad for today.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:30:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99673 on: December 09, 2015, 03:30:49 pm »

Gas lighting is where your surroundings are changed and everyone acts like it's always been that way to make you doubt your own sanity (and it actually works to). For example moving furniture and then claiming it's always been that it's always been that way would be gaslighting.
I've had it defined as making one feel a (perceived) problem is their own fault when it isn't, whether through insanity or other failings. I guess I'm thinking a bit broadly today; your definition fits mine as a specific case. I think we can agree, though, that gaslighting is absolutely reprehensible, whatever it is.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99674 on: December 09, 2015, 04:16:10 pm »

The world becoming a less shitty place is a good thing and not your fault.

Thanks guys. I feel better now. Talking always seems to help. There are still some things but I can deal with them, or try anyway. (That being... find out if my crush has a bf or not)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6643 6644 [6645] 6646 6647 ... 8167