Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446023 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99570 on: December 07, 2015, 02:25:41 am »

Sudden bad memories from an online RP group that I used to be really close with before they booted me out. It's been like three years, brain.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99571 on: December 07, 2015, 03:24:02 am »

Mood's been pretty low all day. As expected, I predictably get into a depressed state in the day after events like the one last night, with the mood low fading as the days go by. There's a pattern there, but I haven't bothered to fully deduce it quite yet.

Just spending the whole day selfishly moping is kinda suckish, but it's not like I have anything better to do with my thoughts at work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99572 on: December 07, 2015, 03:33:11 am »

anti gun leftists nutjobs
It's kinda surreal seeing someone expressing right-wing views on this forum, especially with basically everyone else being somewhere left of possibly slightly right of centre.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99573 on: December 07, 2015, 03:35:21 am »

Mood's been pretty low all day. As expected, I predictably get into a depressed state in the day after events like the one last night, with the mood low fading as the days go by. There's a pattern there, but I haven't bothered to fully deduce it quite yet.

Just spending the whole day selfishly moping is kinda suckish, but it's not like I have anything better to do with my thoughts at work.
Are you sure it's not just a hangover...?

Fakeedit:
It's kinda surreal seeing someone expressing right-wing views on this forum, especially with basically everyone else being somewhere left of possibly slightly right of centre.
Hey, guns are awesome. Everyone should have guns. And not the kind that comes from popping 'roids and pumpin' iron, either. :P

Realedit: I mean, technically guns are kinda lame- but if anyone has them, everyone should be able to.
It's not really fair just having government enforcers packing heat, is it? Look at that poor dude in Sweden, they didn't draw their own swords or anything, they just gunned him down as he charged at them. Seriously though, it's kinda bad.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:38:52 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99574 on: December 07, 2015, 03:38:46 am »

Okay, two people. And now I've started the inevitable spiral into gun politics.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99575 on: December 07, 2015, 03:40:15 am »

Don't worry, I do not intend on seriously discussing the topic.
Just because I happen to be sitting in a bathtub full of gasoline doesn't mean I'm about to drop a lit joint in it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #99576 on: December 07, 2015, 03:42:28 am »

Are you sure it's not just a hangover...?
No, this was an established pattern long before I touched alcohol for the first time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99577 on: December 07, 2015, 03:43:03 am »

Don't worry, I do not intend on seriously discussing the topic.
Just because I happen to be sitting in a bathtub full of gasoline doesn't mean I'm about to drop a lit joint in it.
Gas? No, never. Just... guns are bad, mmmkay?
* Orange Wizard waggles his eyebrows emphatically.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99578 on: December 07, 2015, 04:04:35 am »

Let's just put it this way and fucking leave it this way:
If you like guns, cool story! Don't tell me I'm crazy for not, and don't be a fuckin' idiot with yours. And most of all, don't give me excuses as to why you should have one. The reason you have more than one gun minimum is because you happen to really like guns.

And if you get mugged or some shit, don't use the gun unless it is legitimately life or death. Beyond this, whatever! Cool shit, you like guns.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99579 on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:15 am »

Im not a right-wing.im more con the centre.
The problems i have is that these polyticks are slowly devolving the country and show no grasp in economic nor
What kind of country it is and what this place needs to get better.namely get the justice system unfucked and let the cops use their guns again.which they pretty muchos cant use.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99580 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:29 am »

When you get called a psychopath and are told to "Get some fucking help before you hurt somebody" for posting pro-gun views, people tend to stop posting them.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99581 on: December 07, 2015, 10:32:29 am »

Yeeeeeeeeea, I do feel that the bay12 lower forums does ocasionaly lend itself to temporarily becoming a leftist echo chamber, specially in regards to gun rights or religion.

Anyway, I'm all for gun rights, as long as there is a system which includes proper background and psych checks so Mr. School R. Mcshootin' isn't able to go the gun store two blocks away and buy a pistol for a hundred bucks, and harsher punishments for illegaly owning guns.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99582 on: December 07, 2015, 10:40:19 am »

Nobody agrees with my opinions, since I like the idea of being able to own, maintain, use etc guns as a hobby, but I think that being able to carry them in public is dumb.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99583 on: December 07, 2015, 10:54:42 am »

When you get called a psychopath and are told to "Get some fucking help before you hurt somebody" for posting pro-gun views, people tend to stop posting them.

Yeah, it's an echo-chamber.

Plus most sets of partisan ideas have no inherent reason to be bundled together anyway. Both wings are sheep following the herd, all expressing one of the same two randon grab-bags of ideals because they can't think for themselves.

EDIT:
Which is, in itself, sad.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99584 on: December 07, 2015, 11:02:25 am »

Seriously.  I have some pretty conservative views but nope, entrenched 2-party system.  And a resulting 2-party "with us or against us" cultural mindset.

And it'd be easy to fix the 2-party system like other civilized countries, except neither party wants to "disarm" first because the other will take advantage.  It's a standoff, except they both kinda win and people lose.

(Not that the Republican and Democratic parties are the same, I think one is much worse.  But it's still a standoff and I'd like an actual choice on a per-issue basis like other republics have)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6637 6638 [6639] 6640 6641 ... 8167