Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6636 6637 [6638] 6639 6640 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443386 times)

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99555 on: December 06, 2015, 08:02:06 pm »

We discovered that our ancient 1892 winchester trapper which is un mint condition is missing just one tiny screw and we cant get someone to make it.nor we can order a replacement one since un south America nobody is able to figure how to make such a tiny screw,worse is the fact that if i lived in the united states the damm screw is extremely cheap and easy to get.
You cant even get someone to make a tiny piece of metal in this land of morons.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99556 on: December 06, 2015, 08:03:08 pm »

You could probably get some stateside forumite to send you that bit of metal.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #99557 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:19 pm »

Just found out that the college I was really looking forward to going to hasn't gotten my transcripts yet, though I sent them months ago, and I have no clue when the deadline is/was.
Fuck highschool bureaucracy, and while i'm at it fuck the IB "International do shit exactly this way or we fail you" system.
blegh, i guess worst case is i'll job-hunt and do a gap year, but still, this kinda stuff shouldn't happen -_-

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99558 on: December 06, 2015, 08:46:10 pm »

You could probably get some stateside forumite to send you that bit of metal.
i have the shitty luck of living in south america,where nobody is able to grasp the concept of a the threading of a tiny screw in a non standard  size nor even be able to get a hole drilled in a piece of metal.
and most of the qualified gunsmiths around these parts died of old age,are unable to work due to moronic laws,in jail for bullshit reasons or simply got the fuck out of here in the 70s and never educated a generation to replace them.
according to the laws written by the kleptomaniacs around here you cant modify your gun if you dont bring it to a qualified gunsmith.
leaving the only legal way to repair a firearms is to send it to famae.
which id rather avoid.
you cant send a literal artifact to a government agency or dependency of one.
and there is only another of those carbines in this country that has survived,losing part of its finish but in general good shape.
the one we have is only missing one tiny screw that the fools around here cant replicate.
i feel like a man in the warhammer 40k universe.
nobody can do shit here technology wise if it aint the adeptus mechanicus ( or in my case the army gunsmiths) 

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99559 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »

Why not send it outside the country?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99560 on: December 06, 2015, 09:00:29 pm »

the relatives we have around there are those anti gun leftists nutjobs..
the ones that refuse to see the worth of a fine shotgun,or a pear gripped colt python.
and as usual in Latin america, nobody looks at guns with a good eye.no matter if it is a fine piece of art or a pipe gun.
yet they stab you for nothing around here.
and we not sure due to moronic over complicated laws if in this "country" it is legal to do so.
sheesh no wonder we are a "developing country"(false lies due to the current leftist government getting Marxist and fucking up the economy or any such gains from neoliberal reforms that according to generic leftist ignorant ramblings cause social conflict,ignoring the massive drug problem,fuckers who cant understand what they read even if they can read it.)

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99561 on: December 06, 2015, 09:01:25 pm »

and if you can read spanish the politics in these parts are rather amusing due the low ethical,moral and low mean IQ of the politicks around here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99562 on: December 06, 2015, 09:14:58 pm »

Just found out that the college I was really looking forward to going to hasn't gotten my transcripts yet, though I sent them months ago, and I have no clue when the deadline is/was.
Fuck highschool bureaucracy, and while i'm at it fuck the IB "International do shit exactly this way or we fail you" system.
blegh, i guess worst case is i'll job-hunt and do a gap year, but still, this kinda stuff shouldn't happen -_-
You could email the college asking if they got them or not. Could be that they got them but bureaucracy is just slow to work with them. Unless they notified you that they haven't gotten them yet, I guess.

When in doubt, send them another copy. If you don't know when the deadline is, send it to them ASAP.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99563 on: December 06, 2015, 09:25:58 pm »

@xxseuzxx:
I would ask a USian forumite to send you the screw.  I'm sure you could get volunteers.

Heck, I would, but I don't have my own monies to send it with and I'm not going to have much luck asking anyone I know.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99564 on: December 06, 2015, 09:30:54 pm »

I'M. SO. BOOOOOOOORED. WHAT IS MY LIFE.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99565 on: December 06, 2015, 09:40:16 pm »

@xxseuzxx:
I would ask a USian forumite to send you the screw.  I'm sure you could get volunteers.

Heck, I would, but I don't have my own monies to send it with and I'm not going to have much luck asking anyone I know.
cant bring it due to customs law beign moronic.
moronic as the fucks unable to get the threading right if i get it made here
if its the wrong steel it could damage the less advanced metallurgy of the receiver.
my father will try to get one of his friends over there to send one soon anyway.
it pisses me off that they cant even get a screw right now when we knew a extremely old german gunsmith that could make replicas of colt pistols with machine tools in 2 hours.
poor old man died last year after years of sickness and even he was sad that we could not make the screw anymore due to extreme old age(over 95 years old if i recall)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99566 on: December 06, 2015, 10:28:49 pm »

Uh... Stick it in a letter envelope and mail it?

I don't know how/if that would be workable though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #99567 on: December 06, 2015, 10:36:10 pm »

You could email the college asking if they got them or not. Could be that they got them but bureaucracy is just slow to work with them. Unless they notified you that they haven't gotten them yet, I guess.

When in doubt, send them another copy. If you don't know when the deadline is, send it to them ASAP.
The thing is that I don't actually have my transcripts, my high school does and THEY are the ones who send them out. I checked my application admission and the only thing missing is that, even my damn SAT scores got sent.  Gonna talk with my school counselor about it and see what the hell is up.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99568 on: December 07, 2015, 01:27:39 am »

Very specific websites are not working. Youtube, Google and Bay12 work, while Facebook, lparchive and a handful of other sites just have 'connection timed out" errors.

Fuck Charter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99569 on: December 07, 2015, 01:47:44 am »

Today was pretty brutal. And not in an awesome way, in a depressing, soul-crushing kinda way.

I don't think I had properly recovered from Saturday. :-\
Time to cook some pasta and murder the shit out of things in Fallout.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6636 6637 [6638] 6639 6640 ... 8167