Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6385 6386 [6387] 6388 6389 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443250 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95790 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:38 pm »

- How old are you?
- For what positions are you hiring? :P
Just shy of 20.

Assembly technicians & machinists. Hardware stuff. Not really the b12 demographic :p.
I have about a year of experience running (And keeping running) a made-in-china cement block casting machine, would that work? :P
I once managed to put a pen back together after disassembling it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95791 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47:58 pm »

Why am I aspiring to go to Oxford again? It's kind of strange that everyone I know expects me to be able to get in. I'm not a genius at all.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95792 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:25 pm »

I once managed to put a pen back together after disassembling it.
Pfft, I did that at least a dozen times in a row.  Christmastime church service was the worst, one year I even managed to nap.  My day-nightmares and all.
Christmastime is in Firefox's spellcheck dictionary, apparently.  But not "spellcheck".  blah blah persecution blah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95793 on: July 30, 2015, 10:51:17 pm »

Making spring-loaded projectile weapons out of pens was my favorite pastime in subjects I don't like.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95794 on: July 30, 2015, 11:23:50 pm »

Ugh, still bleeding. Damn elevation changes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95795 on: July 31, 2015, 12:26:35 am »

Bio guy is being flakey, claiming that he's sick. Yeah, because he totally wasn't conveniently sick the last time as well. He's the one who started hitting on me first so I have no idea what fucking game he's playing at, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I'm honestly disgusted with myself for even thinking he was genuine about finding me attracive. He probably did this on a dare but then chickened out.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95796 on: July 31, 2015, 12:51:25 am »

Eh, give 'im a chance. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but I don't think it's wise to assume the worst in a situation like this. That said, you might want to bring that up with him.

If he really doesn't seem into it, though, some distance might not hurt.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95797 on: July 31, 2015, 12:55:58 am »

Why am I aspiring to go to Oxford again? It's kind of strange that everyone I know expects me to be able to get in. I'm not a genius at all.

Ah, the 'ol family expectations trope. I wish there was always a reassurance that 'oh, don't worry about where/if you get in, you'll do fine'. But, at leaset in my case, the majority of my family despises my decision to not pursue elite higher ed. They see 'potential' in me, but don't see that I'm fucking done with formalized education, and don't I have a chance in hell of getting in, due to my precision-executed straight-Cs through high school.

Bio guy is being flakey, claiming that he's sick. Yeah, because he totally wasn't conveniently sick the last time as well. He's the one who started hitting on me first so I have no idea what fucking game he's playing at, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I'm honestly disgusted with myself for even thinking he was genuine about finding me attracive. He probably did this on a dare but then chickened out.

Okay. Now, I know very little backstory, but I do love playing devil's advocate (and harvesting the subsequent downvotes on reddit). Being sick isn't just for trolls and jerks. Some people are legitimately nervous to go out on dates, and he might be just personally chickening out. Just scroll down to 'life advice' and look at how some people handle it. And really, don't be disgusted. Even if, worst case, you're being trolled, it's just that. You don't let internet trolls get you this tempered... right?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95798 on: July 31, 2015, 01:00:04 am »

Cinder, getting paranoid and then hostile can be your biggest enemy. Chill. Calm down. This is nothing to get worked up over.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95799 on: July 31, 2015, 03:24:22 am »

You shouldn't be disgusted with yourself because of some jerk. It's his loss if he doesn't want to take you seriously. Of course, it might not even be what you think it is. It might be a good idea to pull him for a private, serious talk and speak your mind.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95800 on: July 31, 2015, 04:46:55 am »

My dad found the my Bible today, and he tore the pages out into the recycling, right in front of my face. He thinks it's "evil" and that I'm being "silly" for reading it. :'(
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95801 on: July 31, 2015, 04:55:26 am »

Huh. That sucks just as much as the opposite situation, which is admittedly the far more publicized version. My sympathies, cherry-hearts.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95802 on: July 31, 2015, 05:02:40 am »

My dad found the my Bible today, and he tore the pages out into the recycling, right in front of my face. He thinks it's "evil" and that I'm being "silly" for reading it. :'(
Man, I am no fan of the stuff and I still think it's kind of a dickish thing to do.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95803 on: July 31, 2015, 05:06:32 am »

What would you dad prefer you to read, then?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95804 on: July 31, 2015, 05:30:06 am »

Although I don't really like your homophobia, that still sucks. People should be allowed to read the Bibles and believe what they want so long as they don't hurt anyone.

Pages: 1 ... 6385 6386 [6387] 6388 6389 ... 8167