Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6307 6308 [6309] 6310 6311 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453843 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94620 on: June 25, 2015, 12:31:12 am »

I seriously considered it. I consider it most days. At least I'm out of the house full time with my job. I miss my family, but I don't miss everything else that goes with being in the house right now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94621 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:32 am »

Yeah, that sounds like hell. Wolfeyez having the same troubles?

That's one way of putting it. Another way would be to say that they're a bunch of pathological liars.
Har Har. I mean baseline things. Like saying 'Sorry' for things that aren't your fault, or being sombre at the funerals of people you didn't know or care about.
I would say that the basic veneer over all of humanity is just respect.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94622 on: June 25, 2015, 12:54:39 am »

That's one way of putting it. Another way would be to say that they're a bunch of pathological liars.
Har Har. I mean baseline things. Like saying 'Sorry' for things that aren't your fault, or being sombre at the funerals of people you didn't know or care about.
Yes and no. Her mom has been a tremendous help with the baby, and like I said, she's exceedingly generous. Wolfeyez isn't getting a ton of sleep, however, and has seemingly adopted her mom's mentality that I'm...well, for lack of a better way of saying it, essentially worthless, except to go to work and take care of my oldest kid (who isn't blood related to them.) I ask frequently if there's anything I can do to help either of them, and just get blown off, no matter what the situation is. *sigh* Life is hard sometimes, and this has been going on for just over a month. It's almost over, though. The packers come tomorrow and everything gets moved two days after that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94623 on: June 25, 2015, 12:59:27 am »

have you considered that most humans naturally filter

It's not lying to avoid telling what you think to be truth when it's not prudent to do so. That's called not being an asshole.

EDIT: recent discussions may lead to the conclusion that i am referring to someone or some group of people specifically with that statement

i am not

and just in case you're feeling cynical, I actually mean that and am not just covering my ass

...but i guess sufficient cynicism won't believe me on that anyway
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:01:09 am by Putnam »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94624 on: June 25, 2015, 01:05:35 am »

Yes and no. Her mom has been a tremendous help with the baby, and like I said, she's exceedingly generous. Wolfeyez isn't getting a ton of sleep, however, and has seemingly adopted her mom's mentality that I'm...well, for lack of a better way of saying it, essentially worthless, except to go to work and take care of my oldest kid (who isn't blood related to them.) I ask frequently if there's anything I can do to help either of them, and just get blown off, no matter what the situation is. *sigh* Life is hard sometimes, and this has been going on for just over a month. It's almost over, though. The packers come tomorrow and everything gets moved two days after that.

Do we share the same mother-in-law, by any chance?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94625 on: June 25, 2015, 01:19:09 am »

All mothers-in-law are the same mother in law, from what I gather. Like a Pathos hivemind, but not quite to that extent.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94626 on: June 25, 2015, 01:41:08 am »

My mother-in-law was/is actually pretty awesome. Even as an ex-mother-in-law. Both my in-laws were pretty awesome. I felt shittier for disappointing them than I did for disappointing my wife.

That said, I've heard enough in-law stories to know my situation was rare.

Good on ya, MZ. The house condition sounds like the state of my grandfather's house after he died and my mom had her two "friends" and their shit-factory rat-dogs move in. All of them, mom included, were hoarders and none of them ever cleaned. We wound up ripping up all the carpet and just burning it. And now my half-brother is living there and hasn't paid me a dime of the rent we agreed upon. It's a tough situation -- I don't want to evict him, and frankly he's doing me a service by keeping the place from becoming even more of a wreck. But he's not really fixing it up either, which was part of the plan. And he's not paying me, so it's gonna be a stretch to pay the property taxes which are coming due in a few months. And he's supposed to be saving up to get a mortgage and buy it from me down the road, but he can't seem to hold down a job and his credit is shit. *sigh*

That house is the one I grew up in, and it's really hard to see the condition it's deteriorated to. It's also the only asset of any value that I own, and it's my kids' college fund basically. I'll never live there again, because lolfuckno not moving back to that wretched town.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94627 on: June 25, 2015, 01:42:51 am »

I hope you talk to Wolfy about that after you're in the new place, though. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94628 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:12 am »

My housemates seem to piss me off more and more every day.
I want to go live in a cave somewhere far away from people and live off roadkill/foraged fruit or something.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94629 on: June 25, 2015, 01:58:53 am »

Spoiler: Already two pages old (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94630 on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:41 am »

(That was my no. 2)

My father had nothing but good things to say about my maternal gram.
That was because she stayed on the other side of the continent, in an indigenous village.
No phone? No problem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:03:46 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94631 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:15 am »

In preparation for the trip to the US (chiefly the Southwestern bits) I did some googling.
I was saddened to discover that bolo ties with a pentagram design are hard to come by. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94632 on: June 25, 2015, 08:10:21 am »

I just got my next exam timetable. Eight weeks' relief, of which half is holiday, and then it starts again. Two of the worst cram subjects are on the same day, too.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94633 on: June 25, 2015, 08:36:04 am »

It's almost 7 in the morning, I haven't slept yet and I have work at noon. I've been lying in bed perfectly awake all night. I know that pent up "Should have been asleep, dickhead!" will hit me all at once the instant I step in to work, but there's nothing I can really do about that now besides laying awake some more.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #94634 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44:32 am »

I just got my next exam timetable. Eight weeks' relief, of which half is holiday, and then it starts again. Two of the worst cram subjects are on the same day, too.

Yea... I know what that's like. My last two were my most crammy, and on the same day. I only had time to prepare for one possibility exam-wise for the latter one. There were three it could be, realistically two as they've never done the same one two years in a row before. The other came up.

*£$&
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6307 6308 [6309] 6310 6311 ... 8167