Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453673 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94605 on: June 24, 2015, 07:17:37 pm »

I don't really understand what you mean, but it still doesn't sound like a good reason. And on loneliness, I do believe it was only earlier this week you were talking about how you had some totes rad admirers. Is there a reason you can't talk to them or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94606 on: June 24, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »

People are usually busy/asleep around the time I wake up/go to bed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94607 on: June 24, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »

Oh, you meant a time-specific thing rather than a general existential thing.
Yeah morning/evening are pretty shitty times of day. I agree with you there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94608 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:23 pm »

I don't know why I bother anymore. I think it would be best if I just left. No one will notice or care so what does it matter?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94609 on: June 24, 2015, 10:11:57 pm »

I don't know why I bother anymore. I think it would be best if I just left.

Recently, I haven't been replying to you because I literally have nothing nice to say about this current... 'nobody cares'... thing.
I do not react well to such things. So to avoid pushing whatever depressive slump you're in currently even further, I choose not to react at all.
I would notice if you left - but.... aaargh... cannot say anything.

I... the 'popularity contest' thing here is all a facade. At the end of the day, this is an online forum. It means very little.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94610 on: June 24, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »

I... the 'popularity contest' thing here is all a facade. At the end of the day, this is an online forum. It means very little.
There's a popularity contest here? The hell? Since when? What?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94611 on: June 24, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »

I don't know why I bother anymore. I think it would be best if I just left.

Recently, I haven't been replying to you because I literally have nothing nice to say about this current... 'nobody cares'... thing.
I do not react well to such things. So to avoid pushing whatever depressive slump you're in currently even further, I choose not to react at all.
I would notice if you left - but.... aaargh... cannot say anything.

I can tell you this, everyone involved in this contest is rapidly losing popularity with me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94612 on: June 24, 2015, 10:36:42 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94613 on: June 24, 2015, 11:05:45 pm »

There's a popularity contest here? The hell? Since when? What?
How Well Known is the Person Above You?
It is thousands of pages.

I would say, since the beginning of this forum. Hell, I remember at one point caring about whether I was recognizable as Jackrabbit or Duke.
Nowadays there's more members though, so it's thankfully around a lot less.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94614 on: June 24, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

I shall eternally regret posting in that thread. Fortunately, it seems to be dead as of late.

My sad:
French class is making me feel like a fool. I am terrible with spoken French. Stuttering and reaching, grasping for words. Makes me feel a bit of a fool. If only I had someone outside of class to practice with.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94615 on: June 24, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

How Well Known is the Person Above You?
It is thousands of pages.

I would say, since the beginning of this forum. Hell, I remember at one point caring about whether I was recognizable as Jackrabbit or Duke.
Nowadays there's more members though, so it's thankfully around a lot less.
Oooooh, that thing. Is that what Worldmaster's bummed about? That seems like a small reason to completely leave the forum.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94616 on: June 24, 2015, 11:24:15 pm »

Skype, HL. Or something similar. There's places online where you can find native speakers willing to practice with you, iirc, or at least there were a decade or so ago. Know a couple folks that were in my french classes back in high school went that route, and used it later on to pursue actual fluency (after boatloads and boatloads of practice). Useful stuff if there's no one local available. Incidentally, consider asking whoever's teaching you for resources of that nature.

Barring that, maybe youtube or something -- look for stuff from native french speaking countries, listen in, try to parrot it until you're more comfortable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94617 on: June 24, 2015, 11:47:50 pm »

I really can't get out of my head the idea that what I've lost recently isn't something Ill ever replace...

A friend, a puppy, a sibling? A sense of childlike wonder?
Rrraaaugh so vaaague.

But yeah. The good news is, it's over.
I mean, was.

@wierd: not to stir the pot, but have you considered that most humans naturally filter, and to remove the filter is actually a superficial consideration for you?
I have had the same thoughts recently, is all.

The conversation has moved on, but to answer your question-- yes.  Most people instinctively filter. It leads to many problems in their relationships; Their lovers dont know the real them, they dont know who their lover really is, people they thought they knew do something radically unexpected-- because they did not really know the real person-- etc.

This is because people wanting a romantic relationship filter HARD-- and present an idealized front for their prospective mate.  This happens on both sides-- Both fall in love with the phantom the other presented, and not the real person. People can only sustain a phantom for so long-- such relationships are doomed to fail, because eventually the act of keeping up the front is so exhausting and unpleasant that the joy they once felt for their partner dies on the vine. This causes one or both of the partners to just one day stop sustaining the phantom, and shit gets real.  --all could have been avoided, just by not conjuring the phantoms to begin with.

Likewise with people pretending to like things their friends like, or behaving a certain way to satisfy the emotional well being of a family member-- what have you.  Eventually the strain of sustaining the phantom gets to be so great, that they just cant or wont do it any more, and then shit gets real.

Again-- all could have been avoided, just by not conjuring the phantoms to begin with.

The worst that will happen is that you wont be accepted for who and what you are.  It the person cant or wont accept the real you, then you are better off not getting in the relationship in the first place-- IMHO.

If you want to continue this discussion, we should take it to PMs though.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94618 on: June 25, 2015, 12:11:37 am »

have you considered that most humans naturally filter

That's one way of putting it. Another way would be to say that they're a bunch of pathological liars.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94619 on: June 25, 2015, 12:15:11 am »

Don't bother, just venting.

Oh man, semi-retired hoarders with too many pets.  I know that story all too well.  Godspeed dude, you are a brave man to put up with that shit, I would have just lived in the car.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 6306 6307 [6308] 6309 6310 ... 8167