Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6302 6303 [6304] 6305 6306 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455123 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94545 on: June 24, 2015, 05:41:24 am »

Yup.  Once again, part of being accepted, is accepting others-- warts and all.

I can be a total, raging douchebag. I admit that.  Then again, so can anyone else.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94546 on: June 24, 2015, 05:42:10 am »

Wait, Vector wrote a letter saying that she quit the forum and why?

When did this happen?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94547 on: June 24, 2015, 06:12:13 am »

It was in the hug thread, but Tiruin edited it out. I don't blame her.
But I also edited it because I guess the idea is still there--just keeping it private because of privacy (You can ask and I'll say as much as I am intended to :O)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94548 on: June 24, 2015, 06:32:28 am »

Then again, so can anyone else.
Oh yes. Y'alls can be glad that i don't speak to you like i do to my brother, but in my own defense, he really does do some astoundingly inconsiderate things towards me. :v (i.e. lightly stabbing at my foot with a pointy spade repeatedly and not stopping because he thought i would keep moving out of the way)
Also note that this is a guy without a built-in stop function, so once he starts doing something, whether it's annoying to those around him or not, he will KEEP DOING IT until someone tells him to stop. And don't even get me started on how utterly impossible it is to get him to stop doing something once it becomes a habit. There are things that he's been doing for YEARS despite me telling his punk ass to not do those things because they're annoying as fuck. I'll never understand how that guys mind works. :I

... But, we still get along. We haven't managed to alienate each other over the course of 23 years, so it's probably not going to happen any time soon. :v

In sadder news, mom doesn't seem to have an awful lot of faith in my abilities to plan ahead or function well in society. I don't either, really, but i wish she would realize that scolding me for it isn't magically going to start working after 10 years. As my psychologist said about anxiety, if helpful tips worked, none of us would be anxious. Same thing for my sub-par studying skills; if scolding actually helped, i'd be a straight-A super student by now. ::)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94549 on: June 24, 2015, 08:13:46 am »

At the expense of having another emushion thread appear in my list, maybe we could try to move discussions such as that one over to a quicktopic dedicated to it.

Talking about difference between our life-selves and internet-selves: Harmless/Sad
Talking about Vector leaving: Harmless/Sad.
Where's the problem?

Also did nobody notice I compared myself to a condom? I worked hard on them stealthpuns.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94550 on: June 24, 2015, 08:36:53 am »

you're not a captain so it fell off the radar instantly

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94551 on: June 24, 2015, 09:01:01 am »

At the expense of having another emushion thread appear in my list, maybe we could try to move discussions such as that one over to a quicktopic dedicated to it.

Talking about difference between our life-selves and internet-selves: Harmless/Sad
Where's the problem?

Also did nobody notice I compared myself to a condom? I worked hard on them stealthpuns.

I meant inflammatory discussions that people feel strongly about and which sometimes lead to needing intervention of the amphibian kind.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94552 on: June 24, 2015, 09:27:25 am »

Yeah, I dunno what's in the water lately, but I've noticed a distinct sharper edge in conversations over the last six months or so. I don't like that. I've probably contributed to it in some cases.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94553 on: June 24, 2015, 09:56:03 am »

I'm DMing a Live Group at a gamestore tomorrow, I thought I would be a bit mean this time round and bring an old Dungeon run up to 5e system and have them try to get through it, emphisis on the word try. See I remember finding a list of dungeons that were basic 5 room dungeons designed to kill. Most were filled with monsters that you had to take down in certain ways, but my Fave of the selection was that of one that was on a timer. Something like 40 rounds. If you were unable to reach and defeat the big bad before the timer ends, Boom, Nuked to the face as the Deamon he was summoning arrives and blows everything up...

BUT CAN I FUCKING FIND IT!!! NOPE!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94554 on: June 24, 2015, 09:58:19 am »

Where's the problem?
I meant inflammatory discussions that people feel strongly about and which sometimes lead to needing intervention of the amphibian kind.
Yeah the WTF thread had some bystander effect going on. Everyone thought it should be in a different thread, nobody wanted to make one.
Which is fair. It's just asking for a black mark on your name. Kudos to the guy who did. I'm ashamed to say I wussed out on it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #94555 on: June 24, 2015, 09:59:38 am »

I stopped caring about how or what I post when I realized a lot of you are kind of assholes. Now the only filter is "Will I get banned for this?"

I don't mean that in like a "I hate all of you," FYI. A lot of you are just jerks. :v Nothing against you personally, I just don't like you.
Conversely, I stopped caring about not being a jerk when I realised that everyone is one, under the right conditions. So what's the point of pretending otherwise.

Some people are just asses less than others, though. I mean, when was the last time Tiruin was an ass?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94556 on: June 24, 2015, 10:05:42 am »

I stopped caring about how or what I post when I realized a lot of you are kind of assholes. Now the only filter is "Will I get banned for this?"

I don't mean that in like a "I hate all of you," FYI. A lot of you are just jerks. :v Nothing against you personally, I just don't like you.
Conversely, I stopped caring about not being a jerk when I realised that everyone is one, under the right conditions. So what's the point of pretending otherwise.

Some people are just asses less than others, though. I mean, when was the last time Tiruin was an ass?
That would be the universe dividing by zero.

However, I don't think "Everyone is an asshole deep down" should be used as a justification for being one. That's lazy self-justification dressed up as "keeping it real".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94557 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:32 am »

Well, she posted a private email from vector, for a while at least. That'd certainly get me pissed off. I'd still have to forgive her eventually, I guess...

So yeah, were all assholes shitposting all over eachothers computer screens. Its all about how you deal with all the fecal matter on your screen though. You have a lot of options, and getting upset and pooping on them even harder, even if you think you're right, is probably pretty close to the worst available. You should at least try to wear pants.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94558 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:19 am »

it's not justification, or at least not one better than you lynch negroes

everyone should improve and all that sorta shit but you can't just pretend everything is fine because that is not a way to improve

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94559 on: June 24, 2015, 10:11:23 am »

I didn't mean to imply that, RK. Just that a lot of you are jerks. :P

Not you, RK. You are jerkfree. You're not carib cuisine.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 6302 6303 [6304] 6305 6306 ... 8167