Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6301 6302 [6303] 6304 6305 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455360 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94530 on: June 24, 2015, 03:27:30 am »

I stopped caring about how or what I post when I realized a lot of you are kind of assholes. Now the only filter is "Will I get banned for this?"

I don't mean that in like a "I hate all of you," FYI. A lot of you are just jerks. :v Nothing against you personally, I just don't like you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94531 on: June 24, 2015, 03:50:15 am »

were i to hate all the assholes on this forum i'd have to start with deschan then move onto myself and there's a critical flaw there somewhere (and no, it's not that helgo belongs in between)

and helgo is a pretty cool guy would smack with computer mouse when i go on that sort of adventure again 8/8

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94532 on: June 24, 2015, 03:51:46 am »

It hurts, but it's fair.
I do come across like a massive dick most of the time, I realize, but most of my more inflammatory statements have just been an attempt to clarify a similar statement made by someone else. Sadly, I have an obsession with two-sided discussion, even if there IS a right answer to the item being argued, so I tend to defend the bigots more than I'd like.

So yeah, maybe I am a dick. But I'd like to think that I'm more of a buffer zone between those actual dicks on the forum and some of you others. I help discourse happen- I mean, without me, many dicks would be too afraid to start it, but I help prevent too much bile from being tossed back and forth during. So yes, depending on where this discourse happens to be sitting, morally, I can get some crap on me, but I feel like I'm doing my part, sad as it is.
I just think I wouldn't have to work so hard if the dicks I help out could decide to take the fall for once. I'm sick of the tall, proud ones who are clearly wrong in some way. I still do my job but it makes failure seem much more risky, and I then when toady comes in to clean up I feel like I should've done more to prevent it.

But what do I know... Most dicks barely spare me a thought once they've gotten their point across. I just get tossed aside.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94533 on: June 24, 2015, 03:53:47 am »

were i to hate all the assholes on this forum i'd have to start with deschan then move onto myself and there's a critical flaw there somewhere (and no, it's not that helgo belongs in between)

and helgo is a pretty cool guy would smack with computer mouse when i go on that sort of adventure again 8/8
Well fuck, the last few pages made me realize that I prolly did my part in driving Vec away :(
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94534 on: June 24, 2015, 03:55:40 am »

here's a post i don't make often, you ready?

make a cup of tea, do some asmr, relax, jack off, you're taking shit way too personally right now and need to chill out quite damn severely

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #94535 on: June 24, 2015, 04:04:20 am »

Well fuck, the last few pages made me realize that I prolly did my part in driving Vec away :(

You seem to regret driving them away though and to me that makes a huge difference because a male dangly bit wouldn't regret it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94536 on: June 24, 2015, 04:09:47 am »

here's a post i don't make often, you ready?

make a cup of tea, do some asmr, relax, jack off, you're taking shit way too personally right now and need to chill out quite damn severely
You're probably right.
Spoiler: Remember this? (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94537 on: June 24, 2015, 04:14:40 am »

can't see images, is that some sort of incriminating screencap

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94538 on: June 24, 2015, 04:21:31 am »

can't see images, is that some sort of incriminating screencap
To quote:
"LSP
Good for you"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94539 on: June 24, 2015, 04:33:09 am »

Works fine for me - maybe just copy&paste the image URL?
The Bay12 postcard club

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #94540 on: June 24, 2015, 04:34:59 am »

no you dont understand

lsp cant see images

it swore an oath you know

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94541 on: June 24, 2015, 04:39:33 am »

see the icon of this post? means i traded my ability to see images for the ability to blast shitposts straight out of the septic tank

i'll look at it later i guess maybe sometime

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94542 on: June 24, 2015, 04:58:10 am »

(Prior discussion about masks people wear online)

Wearing masks in general is not healthy. Be who you are, and dont be afraid of who you are. Thats how you stay true to yourself. The problem is that many people will be mortally offended by that.

This has led to a somewhat dickish mindset of mine;  It is not my responsibility to placate other people's emotional foibles. More bluntly, I dont need nor want to kiss other people's asses to make them feel better. I wont go out of my way to shit on people (that's just plain rude), but I wont kiss their asses, and staunchly refuse to do so. 

I personally LIKE that basically any topic can be discussed here. When things dont get discussed, the underlying situation behind those topics does not improve. People hold in those opinions, they fester, and can become serious societal ills.  It can lead to bickering and virtual online violence with people throwing hissy fits-- yes.  But it also leads to more mutual understandings of problems, and communally proposed solutions as well.  You dont get the latter without some of the former. Take the good right along with the bad; it's just the way life is.

For an idea of how terrible the idea of trying to impose some kind of censorship on others just to suit one's own sense of safety or comfort is--  think about this for a moment.

Most people here have a sexuality of some kind. I do not. I am actually squicked out by sexual themes and activities, especially gregarious ones. I would rather not hear about or know about other people's sexual exploits, desires, or orientations-- To me, people are their cogitative agencies, not their sexual inclinations and drives. As such, when I see things stated like "But she has some great boobs" or something, it makes me want to punch the person that said it. Straight up, 100% of the time. To me, boobies have no value that would trump a person's mind. To me, the mind is the only real thing that matters. Imagine how unpleasant you would find this place if I had the power to enforce that kind of sterility on everyone else.

Instead, I just accept that 99.9% of the world lusts for one thing or another, and that sexuality is totally a thing, even though I despise it. It is the way it is. I could choose to lock myself away from the world, and miss out on all kinds of interesting and wonderful thoughts-- just because of the offensiveness of some sexual people-- OR-- I can just buck up, sigh a little inside, and move on-- and get to enjoy those wonderful moments when the awesome comes out.

I wont pretend that I like all those sexual things, just to suit the majority. That's wearing a mask. I will brazenly state up front that I am just not into those things, because that is who and what I am. That does not mean I get to force other people to wear a mask that looks like me.  Part of being accepted, is accepting other people.  Even when we find them offensive.

For this and many other reasons, I am staunchly against political correctness.  That is one giant assed mask that people get forced to wear, because "Somebody might be offended! (gasp!)". 

Fuck that. 

Be who you are. Be accepted for who you are. Accept others for who they are.

It's that simple.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94543 on: June 24, 2015, 05:02:13 am »

At the expense of having another emushion thread appear in my list, maybe we could try to move discussions such as that one over to a quicktopic dedicated to it. Has its own up- and downsides, of course, but it might be worth considering. The people who wanna ignore it can safely do so, the ones invested in the discussion can let it run its course. It wouldn't stop people from being mean and saying hurtful things perhaps, but that's a known risk for someone going into the quicktopic.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94544 on: June 24, 2015, 05:33:32 am »

I stopped caring about how or what I post when I realized a lot of you are kind of assholes. Now the only filter is "Will I get banned for this?"

I don't mean that in like a "I hate all of you," FYI. A lot of you are just jerks. :v Nothing against you personally, I just don't like you.
Conversely, I stopped caring about not being a jerk when I realised that everyone is one, under the right conditions. So what's the point of pretending otherwise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6301 6302 [6303] 6304 6305 ... 8167