Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6296 6297 [6298] 6299 6300 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461136 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94455 on: June 22, 2015, 11:17:37 pm »

Tomorrow, I might buy a Mercedes-Benz in cash, and Friday I'm flying to Las Vegas for the weekend.

You might think these are the hallmarks an adult person who's having wild adult fun with his life.
It's really just a confluence of events that are conspiring to reveal all of my neuroses and anxious self-doubts.

... But the end fact is, that these neuroses and self-doubts end with you doing adult wild fun life things.
I am curious about the necessity for you to either spend a lot of money or get out of dodge or whatever is happening.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94456 on: June 22, 2015, 11:28:45 pm »

Cinder: Hey, I'll crush on you if you need to bring the average quality of your suitors up a bit.
My suitors are already quite nice, I was referring to people that *I* crush on.
In fact, I think a lot of people misread that, so I'm going to edit it.

Except that out of the three people I crushed on (That is, me crushing on them, not them crushing on me), the first was a disgusting slob who pisses the everliving hell out of me, the second is a shallow asshole, and the third is already in a relationship and is in the US.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94457 on: June 22, 2015, 11:29:31 pm »

oops
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94458 on: June 22, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »

I'm happy that the negatives outweigh positives for a lot/most people, but a lot of people are happy without it.

Friendship's a different issue, I feel like everyone needs a friend or two.
I...uhh, think you mixed up the 5th and 7th word positions :P
Or maybe I'm just very cynical and I hate people being in happy relationships  :P
(You're right, thanks  :-X)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94459 on: June 22, 2015, 11:35:42 pm »

Tomorrow, I might buy a Mercedes-Benz in cash, and Friday I'm flying to Las Vegas for the weekend.

You might think these are the hallmarks an adult person who's having wild adult fun with his life.

It's really just a confluence of events that are conspiring to reveal all of my neuroses and anxious self-doubts.

I have reached coke-addict levels of paranoia and escapism without any need for hard drugs, this is amazing.
Well, on the plus side, you'll be a paranoid escapist with an expensive car in Vegas, so that'll be fun as long as you watch out for bats.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94460 on: June 23, 2015, 02:06:04 am »

I have reached coke-addict levels of paranoia and escapism without any need for hard drugs, this is amazing.
Well, on the plus side, you'll be a paranoid escapist with an expensive car in Vegas, so that'll be fun as long as you watch out for bats.
Also watch out for liquor throwing itself down your throat. That's the first step to waking up and finding you blew all your money and married a hooker.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #94461 on: June 23, 2015, 06:12:19 am »

Well, I have a diploma in about four hours, I haven't slept for a day and a half, I didn't study at all because I have classes every night and I sleep during the day, and I haven't looked at any of the material for over a month. Great.
I can't sleep because I'm anxious, but I'm anxious because I can't sleep. (Among lots of other reasons, but still...)

Also I keep almost crying during my night classes, and every time I try to make a friend in the class they stop coming to class. (Half the class is gone.)
So my day's been great. [/sarcasm]

*Hugs Cinder

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94462 on: June 23, 2015, 06:21:45 am »

Neoluddites have won in Australia. Among potential sites to be blocked are Dropbox, Imgur and similar file-sharing services, Wikileaks, and even potentially Youtube (think of unauthorized reuploads, although in reality Google has far too much money to let YouTube be blocked in its entirety).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94463 on: June 23, 2015, 04:23:34 pm »

Been feeling generally crap today, after having dreams about old friends and realizing I haven't really had a friend in years. I've also been feeling inadequate, like I'm not good enough for romantic relationships, friendships, employment, education, family, anything. I haven't progressed at all since leaving high school, I've lost everyone, all I seem to be now is an errand boy for my parents.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94464 on: June 23, 2015, 04:31:22 pm »

... But the end fact is, that these neuroses and self-doubts end with you doing adult wild fun life things.
I am curious about the necessity for you to either spend a lot of money or get out of dodge or whatever is happening.

What it comes down to is, I am a master of putting myself into position to make decisions on things I do not have the confidence necessary to make decisions on, i.e. basically anything related to be a functional adult.

What I am great at is punting decisions for another day.  Like the car thing I mentioned, successfully punted that one off until after my vacation.  All it cost me was my boss's increasingly thin patience with how much time I've been taking off work lately.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94465 on: June 23, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

God, I hope being a functional adult doesn't require anything more than punting decisions to Future Me. If that's the case I might be fucked.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94466 on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »

I'm not actually sure I ever learned how to be an adult. Life pretty much just told me to go fuck myself and I was so confused I took it literally.

I still have difficulty dealing with mirrors.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94467 on: June 23, 2015, 05:12:31 pm »

I haven't the slightest idea how to adult. Shit, I sometimes still get nervous without an adult I know around me. I've been on these pills for almost a year now and I'm not sure if they are doing anything. I'm not able to read any of my own body signals or tell my own emotions with any accuracy.

Mirrors?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 05:14:45 pm by BlackFlyme »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94468 on: June 23, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »

Honestly the vast majority of taking care of yourself things are really easy to do. Cooking is essentially looking up the instructions and following them. Doing laundry is as simple as throwing everything in the washing machine and then following the instructions of the washer and on the detergent and fabric softener bottles. Folding clothes is as simple as googling "space saving ways to fold clothes", and following the instructions. It's honestly all really, really easy to do. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94469 on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:21 pm »

Mirrors?
*cough*

... Fucking oneself.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6296 6297 [6298] 6299 6300 ... 8167