Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6124 6125 [6126] 6127 6128 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473528 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91875 on: April 15, 2015, 06:38:52 pm »

For the short term decide which balls are the most important ones, and prioritize based on that.
I'm sorry, but all I'm seeing is balls.
Me too. I didn't want to say anything but OH GOD I CAN'T STOP SEEING TESTICULAR JUGGLING NOW
Good.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91876 on: April 15, 2015, 06:53:40 pm »

Playing a grindfest game.
I always hated these. But I'm so mired and invested in it now.
halp.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91877 on: April 15, 2015, 06:55:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:05:45 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91878 on: April 15, 2015, 09:29:06 pm »

I don't even know why I'm sad anymore. My life could be way worse. But no, I'm just...not happy. Always not happy. Either I'm definitely unhappy or just neutral, never distinctly in a state of mind I'd call "happy".
Get yourself a full-body check. It sucks to suffer anhedonia for years as if it was inevitable, when it might just be your thyroid or something else acting up.
My bugbear is vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids. Seriously, at least get your bloodwork.

...so you guys are saying a possible reason for my depression is some weird bodily reaction? I've never heard of this possibility.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91879 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:22 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:05:32 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91880 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:41 pm »

I have too many tabs open and I want to open more.
I would just close my browser and start over, but my stupid OCD brain is insistent that someday, someday I'll get back to whatever I was doing in all these tabs and that closing them is a bad idea. Maybe I should just bookmark everything and call it a day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91881 on: April 15, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

I have too many tabs open and I want to open more.
I would just close my browser and start over, but my stupid OCD brain is insistent that someday, someday I'll get back to whatever I was doing in all these tabs and that closing them is a bad idea. Maybe I should just bookmark everything and call it a day.

There's a reopen tab button for moments like these. As someone who always closes tabs before I'm done with them, it is literally a miracle.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91882 on: April 15, 2015, 10:36:27 pm »

Good.
Pffffff. The long one gets me, every time. I appreciate the chuckle.

Also, yes, nutrition can be very important to peace of mind. Might not be the solution, of course, but it surely won't hurt. At least it's something you can do to fight it. Hell, I learned a while back I had a shockingly severe deficiency in Vitamin D (probably due to my relentless hatred of the goddamn Daystar), but getting that sorted out has helped a lot with energy levels.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91883 on: April 15, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

school work play video games for an hour sleep repeat

that's all i've got but god dammit I can't keep up with class

I don't think i'm outright failing anything but i'm certainly doing rather poorly in at least pre-calc and chem

I've missed two days of pre-calc in a row (only two classes a week, rather substantial considering one was last week and the other this week, menaing i've missed a fuckton of class)

pretty much the only ways I can cut loose are to get really drunk with some friends or play halo for a while (or watch steven universe apparently)

at least I get a day off tomorrow

FAKEDIT:

Good.

haha okay that cheered me up a bit

noone can keep up the creeping existential horror at the realities of adulthood while looking at a stack of dildos fuckin floppin around

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #91884 on: April 15, 2015, 11:38:32 pm »

Job hunting is confusing and difficult.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:09:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91885 on: April 15, 2015, 11:54:45 pm »

I don't even know why I'm sad anymore. My life could be way worse. But no, I'm just...not happy. Always not happy. Either I'm definitely unhappy or just neutral, never distinctly in a state of mind I'd call "happy".
Did you...check up with the local health professionals?
There would be many basis for these causes--either purely biological, biological-psychological, or psychosomatic (ie perception based), etc...
Find the root and find the understanding. Reason is built upon reason. Talk to professionals. Talk to the right professionals.

*hugs onto ^*

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:10:19 am by Tiruin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #91886 on: April 16, 2015, 12:51:57 am »

The happy thread is not full of happy today.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91887 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:15 am »

The happy thread is not full of happy today.
...You could edit the quote that was edited out. ._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91888 on: April 16, 2015, 02:24:21 am »

I don't get why the topic is so incredibly taboo. Murder? Torture? Auschwitz? Trollolol, shit's hilarious. Get the kids in here, they love watching people getting riddled with bullets. Sex? Rape? GET THE HELL OUT YOU INSENSITIVE ARSE.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91889 on: April 16, 2015, 02:30:27 am »

I don't get why the topic is so incredibly taboo. Murder? Torture? Auschwitz? Trollolol, shit's hilarious. Get the kids in here, they love watching people getting riddled with bullets. Sex? Rape? GET THE HELL OUT YOU INSENSITIVE ARSE.
The term is 'trigger'. That's the psychological term.
The topic is taboo, because it was requested to not be discussed.
'Insensitive', is usually a term given after analysis--either by assumptive basis (ie people assume you mean something worse, other than asking for clarification, they judge too), or by 'me reading what you said, and I don't find that nice.' (observational) basis.

Would you discuss Auschwitz TROLLRORLGOLOOOOOL to a jewish survivor of the holocaust? They may laugh at it--they may not, depending on how they coped with it, but the memory exists with them, and it is not a good one. It may be funny to those who've experienced it, but its not funny to those who did--that's why there's a term of 'black' humor.

Would you discuss murder with a person who has recently lost a family member? It is possible, but not in the way to treat it as a joke--maybe advice on coping with it, and many other manners of how communications occurs. A point exists, that its also how others interpret what you say, despite the existence of intent, and the medium by which you present it, is what also matters.

Why are kids ok with watching people being riddled with boolets in First person shooters!? People are dying there!
It's because in part, the certain kids who are 'ok' with it, can perceive the obvious difference between a virtual game, its connotations onto real life, and differentiate it from reality. The game mechanics revolve around a certain process of function, "and I don't even have the 'Diplomacy button' so I can't do anything el- oh let's sneak around. Much better.', so its also a manner of how the medium is constructed and presented--and how its being related to reality, rather than being used to enforce the dissonance of virtual and real settings.

Now to expound. Other than relate the example of humor (as provided by i2amroy here as a basic outline), there was a request for it to not be discussed. This is in part because the topic has a negative connotation, and the mention of it would entail a memory cue onto a past traumatic experience--something usually wholly unintended by the joker! The context is usually presented under the 'HOW' of how it is being presented--and this is what matters a ton. One may be able to discuss sex and rape in a purely controlled setting, but HOW one goes about with it is what leads to the reactions and proceeding discussion.

As a related note, browse the forum guidelines. It does emphasize that discussion is alright--that also emphasizes how discussion goes.
This "HOW", is the background of what you currently see as the 'event or result'. The topic isn't taboo. It's how its being discussed, is what's being described, which results in 'please no'.

At the current time, the topic isn't being discussed in a progressive manner. It's being discussed in...humorous connotations.
If you wish to make a joke, do it in good taste. Good taste of the situation. Good taste of the receiver (ie receiving audience; I'm using the communication term here). Good taste of the context, basically.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:42:48 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6124 6125 [6126] 6127 6128 ... 8167