Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5839 5840 [5841] 5842 5843 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422550 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87600 on: January 30, 2015, 01:25:16 am »

I... Played Telltale's Walking Dead.
And beat it. Why do I feel so empty inside?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87601 on: January 30, 2015, 03:20:00 am »

I already cancelled our next appointment, and I told my Mom to just ignore calls from the place.

He's already lost his patience with me, there's just nothing more I think can be done.

I hate to be that one guy, but speaking as someone who has Cyclical Depression (and is a horrendous cynic)  and has gone through this sort of thing more times than I can count - You are being incredibly self destructive. You messed up, so you quit, instead of facing the fact that you messed up and bucking up and moving on. You are right, Joshua, you DID waste his time, but not by messing up - But by quitting and hiding from the problem instead of facing it like a (wo?)man.

I just don't know man, this is just one of those things where no matter what I do, it feels like I'm making an awful bad decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87602 on: January 30, 2015, 06:36:00 am »

Nosocomial disease poking at family and me x_x Sick parents and I.
Yaaay weekend~

I already cancelled our next appointment, and I told my Mom to just ignore calls from the place.

He's already lost his patience with me, there's just nothing more I think can be done.

I hate to be that one guy, but speaking as someone who has Cyclical Depression (and is a horrendous cynic)  and has gone through this sort of thing more times than I can count - You are being incredibly self destructive. You messed up, so you quit, instead of facing the fact that you messed up and bucking up and moving on. You are right, Joshua, you DID waste his time, but not by messing up - But by quitting and hiding from the problem instead of facing it like a (wo?)man.

I just don't know man, this is just one of those things where no matter what I do, it feels like I'm making an awful bad decision.
Kuya? :O I think its in your thinking of how these things are. Somewhat like self-reinforcement. Ya need to believe you can, first of all. The usual thing in these kinds of situations are that thoughts that say 'NO U' in a generally negative way will happen--these don't describe you in your whole totality. Think about it--why would you feel bad if these things are of you?

Next was that thing on your friend (or therapist) got presumably >:( . This doesn't mean he gives up on you, like, you're a lost cause. Maybe its the things on your side that aren't your fault at all, but what others maybe told you before :O Either way, You can do this! despite getting the idea that you can't.

Feelings, in part, aren't fully accurate when in these kinds of situations (personally, I'm an emotional wreck years ago :D So I can totally relate...and then nudged myself to study why I was a wreck ._. stuff like that). These feelings are more like responses to observations or perceptions--like if you feel threatened, there's this feeling of D: or trepidation that comes up. Or on the trusting of others, there's the reluctance feeling which nudges into a guarded personality. Maybe challenge those feelings? Trust others as well as yourself! One solution out of many.

But don't give up. You can do this thing! Reinforce thyself with positive beliefs, coupled with action.
"I can do this." O__O

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87603 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40:00 am »

The man that's the closest thing I've had to a dad is hospitalized with parkinsons.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87604 on: January 30, 2015, 09:52:02 am »

I just want to elaborate on earlier. It's the he said I just wasn't being ambitious enough, he's thinking that I've come in half-asleep or 'on something', that I was just gonna wind up wasting my life like my mother.
This guy's a horrible therapist. They're supposed to help and cheer you on no matter what, not pick at your inadequacies like everyone else.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #87605 on: January 30, 2015, 11:46:03 am »

i may have fucked up

i may be okay

i dont know but i know i could have done better

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87606 on: January 30, 2015, 11:55:46 am »

i may have fucked up

i may be okay

i dont know but i know i could have done better
Vague.
Hind sight is 20/20, I'm sure you did what you thought was best at the time, that's the best you can ask of yourself. Even if you did fuck up, it's not the end of the world. You can do things to mitigate/fix damage caused, and all will be good in the end. Whatever it is, just be open, honest, and do your best. Take time to think before you act, and consult trusted advisors as much as possible.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87607 on: January 30, 2015, 12:36:30 pm »

I started on an archive binge of Unsounded yesterday evening. Twelve hours later, I've finished. Suddenly ohshit i have stuff to do today and i forgot to sleep
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87608 on: January 30, 2015, 12:39:02 pm »

Caroline's family situation makes me sad.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87609 on: January 30, 2015, 12:41:08 pm »

Clickbait headline came up on my Twitter feed. The headline was almost entirely unrelated to the article.

I'd unfollow the account except that they break most news incredibly fast.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87610 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:25 pm »

It should be law that headlines have to have the focus of the article clearly stated in them.
Goddamn clickbait.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87611 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:29 pm »

It's a science news website, too, or I'd just look for another one. I'm actually increasingly annoyed with their attitude on certain issues, or at least their Twitter manager's attitude. The articles are usually fairly objective (unless they're opinion, in which case they're clearly marked as such), but the headlines...

Edit: screw it, I'm just gonna find another feed. I can handle not knowing everything within minutes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:55:12 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87612 on: January 30, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »

I started on an archive binge of Unsounded yesterday evening. Twelve hours later, I've finished. Suddenly ohshit i have stuff to do today and i forgot to sleep
Bah. It was worth it. Sorry about that
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87613 on: January 30, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »

Bah. It was worth it. Sorry about that
It's okay. A few cups of tea should keep me sufficiently caffeinated.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87614 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:51 pm »

Dreamt about leeches (for some reason cannot stand them) and woke up.
Therefore immediately had to google safest ways to remove one (as I've heard the salt thing is bad for you).
First guide I read is like "Also they have a tendency to find their way into your nostrils, ear canals, mouth and throat!"

Fucking Thanks World.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5839 5840 [5841] 5842 5843 ... 8167