Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5840 5841 [5842] 5843 5844 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419768 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87615 on: January 30, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »

The best way to get rid of leeches is to let them finish. They have their fill and then drop off.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87616 on: January 30, 2015, 02:19:14 pm »

The best way to get rid of leeches is to let them finish. They have their fill and then drop off.
That aside, slide a bit of metal (or your nail, if you are feeling brave) between the mouth and your skin. You really don't want to pull them off, as that causes the leech to vomit (which, besides being disgusting, leads to infections).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87617 on: January 30, 2015, 02:41:33 pm »

That aside, slide a bit of metal (or your nail, if you are feeling brave) between the mouth and your skin. You really don't want to pull them off, as that causes the leech to vomit (which, besides being disgusting, leads to infections).
A credit/debit card will also do the trick. keep at a low angle, press down on skin and slide, they should pop right off.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87618 on: January 30, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

Fucking leeches, man. They're worse than people on the unemployment benefit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87619 on: January 30, 2015, 02:54:11 pm »

Relatively minor ragesad:

My mom told me that neither I nor my sister are allowed to listen to music while doing math or homework anymore, because it makes us not concentrate. I asked why, she said she didn't see me answer any math questions in knowledge bowl and that's because I spend all of my time like this *does a mock of a dumb-looking person staring up at the sky, mouth open*. I told her music actually helped me. "Is it classical music?"
"uh... n-n... *mumblemumble*"
"Well then. Only classical music helps. Otherwise you get distracted."

So, yeah. Now I can't listen to music.
I can't even describe how much it helped me to have music while thinking. It actually created a positive feedback loop, where I enjoyed the music, which made me enjoy working more and made me feel less tired, so my mind started to associate work with a small bit of fun, making me more willing to work. It helped me maintain focus for long periods of time, and even when I got distracted by the music it was rarely more than a minute or two before I got back to work, with renewed enjoyment. If there is too much silence, I'll often either get tired and bored and zone out, or I'd get anxious, start thinking too quickly and zone out.

I really hate the veto power some people get.
This and other things made me sad today.
My advice to you is to explain to her exactly what you told us about how the music helps you. I know it can be scary to explain things to authority figures, and sometimes it can lead to fights, but sometimes you need to take a stand. I believe in you!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87620 on: January 30, 2015, 03:19:27 pm »

Hahah queue everyone telling me how to remove leeches after I've just googled it.
You guys are awesome.

But on the note of leeches in unfamiliar places- if they're in your mouth or throat you can just gargle some vodka, but if they're somewhere else you may need to cut them.
Which makes me wonder if slitting them prevents the whole 'vomiting in your wounds upon death' thing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:21:39 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87621 on: January 30, 2015, 03:20:58 pm »

*Gets in line*

What shall be our cue to enter...?

:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #87622 on: January 30, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »

uuuuuuuuurgh I have 2 days to get all the required materials to submit for applying to my major before the deadline on February 1 and I don't have 3 letters of recommendation because I'm a total loser with no one to ask for recommendations and uuuuuuuuuuuugh. Not having the letters of recommendation could literally make or break my application. If I can't get into my major this semester I don't know what I'll be doing next semester because I've already gotten almost all of my core classes out of the way and won't have any classes to take to meet the required minimum hours to receive financial aid.

I want to just give up and not even bother trying at this point. Kinda want to just drop out of college. It's just looking so easy to say "Welp, I tried, didn't work out, I suck," and go home with my consolation prize of wasting money on college and no future goals or career plans whatsoever.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87623 on: January 30, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

Monty Oum from the Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue, RWBY, et al,) team was hospitalized and may not recover. They set up a gofundme that got hit in 4 hours, but damn, that's depressing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87624 on: January 30, 2015, 07:49:09 pm »

I hope he pulls through :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87625 on: January 30, 2015, 10:45:38 pm »

It's almost closing time at this library so I only get 20 minutes on a computer. :-\
If anyone was wondering why I was suddenly not around (yeah, right!) it's because my phone ran out of data and can now only access Facebook (thanks to the plan I'm on, which is actually pretty cool).

Since I don't have a computer/internet connection where I'm currently staying, I'll be relying on libraries for internet access for a while. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check my email...

(I have plenty of other sads right now, but not enough time to whine about them all, hehe.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87626 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:56 pm »

So much Sad to go around :[
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87627 on: January 30, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »

This week was emotionally draining. I've managed to have 5-10 major happy and sad/rage-inducing/frustrating moments, and I need a break. It doesn't help that almost all the events were in completely different contexts and don't really relate to each other; I had to deal with every single one of them separately as if they were the only one hat had happened. I've also been working on interacting with people, but I've done it so much this week that I just want to have some time for myself.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87628 on: January 31, 2015, 12:25:40 am »

uuuuuuuuurgh I have 2 days to get all the required materials to submit for applying to my major before the deadline on February 1 and I don't have 3 letters of recommendation because I'm a total loser with no one to ask for recommendations and uuuuuuuuuuuugh. Not having the letters of recommendation could literally make or break my application. If I can't get into my major this semester I don't know what I'll be doing next semester because I've already gotten almost all of my core classes out of the way and won't have any classes to take to meet the required minimum hours to receive financial aid.

I want to just give up and not even bother trying at this point. Kinda want to just drop out of college. It's just looking so easy to say "Welp, I tried, didn't work out, I suck," and go home with my consolation prize of wasting money on college and no future goals or career plans whatsoever.

I can only suggest not dropping out. I wish I could help with the rest. :(

I have an event that would take up my entire afternoon. I sort of want to go, but at the same time I don't know if I'll enjoy it.

Edit: Mugabe has been elected chair of the AU. Welp.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:26:41 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87629 on: January 31, 2015, 09:01:37 am »

Who's Mugabe?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5840 5841 [5842] 5843 5844 ... 8167