Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5837 5838 [5839] 5840 5841 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422532 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87570 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

More material to go on. Pictures, long paragraphs, you name it people want it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87571 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

My foot has been sore for a month or so, but only when I bend it just so. It's annoying.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87572 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:50 pm »

My page for my project has only gotten seventy something views and no response. I blame the "Oh yeah it's also incomplete and possible terrible" part.

Yeah, we're told almost nothing but it's terrible and highly unfinished. Not very encouraging.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87573 on: January 28, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »

I'm just so terribly shaken right now.

I went to my therapist today, because of some stuff I was a little late. I got to tell him about my new exercise stuff, but he wasn't very impressed by it. He brought up some stuff that I had forgot about and I couldn't help but withdraw. I just couldn't help it, I was stammering and looking for words the whole session, but then he just lost his patience with me. It was the coldest I'd ever felt from him. I didn't mean to upset him that bad, I just couldn't stop secondguessing myself or find what I wanted to say.

It's really obvious that I'm just wasting his time and my money. I don't think I'll go back anymore.

I just want to cry but I don't know if I can find it in me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:41:52 pm by JoshuaFH »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87574 on: January 28, 2015, 10:28:33 pm »

I just want to elaborate on earlier. It's the he said I just wasn't being ambitious enough, he's thinking that I've come in half-asleep or 'on something', that I was just gonna wind up wasting my life like my mother.

I just feel crushed. It's not like I have any real close friends or confidants, and it feels like I've spoiled the rapport with this guy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87575 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:50 pm »

Would he listen if you explain what you've told us to him?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #87576 on: January 28, 2015, 11:02:05 pm »

"Hey, do you ever say 'oh Glob,' just to say it?"
"No. But God does, sometimes."

The last Adventure Time episode is super melancholy

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87577 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:39 pm »

Isn't it Gob? Also, yeah, that was sad.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #87578 on: January 29, 2015, 12:38:23 am »

I keep throwing up dinner, like regularly. The doctor says it's stress related. I'm on anti anxiety medications. Lovely. This time it's red because of the cough syrup. Yay? Well, now I'm hungry again. Damn it.

Moron # 2831 A former client has filed another complaint against me stating that "You should have told me that the deal with me would count against me if I caught another case."

I told him, and it's in writing but meh. Let's blatantly ignore the fact that he has re offended, again, because he has and it's funnier to do something so.

Let's focus on the bullshit language "caught another case." Yes, yes, as though it isn't you getting arrested again and like it's the fucking flu. You just so happened to get randomly arrested for the same shit you've done before, again.... ???

I just straight up told him to quit fucking breaking the law and that [gasp] HE needed to change HIS behavior, not the rest of us.

I'm just going to attend the hearing and try not to give a shit.

In the meantime, I'm going to try watching something to calm down my stomach so this dinner stays down hopefully. Hurray?

I've dealt with a lot of therapists over the years: some good and some bad. It's very difficult at times explaining exactly what is wrong and how to fix that. Maybe this guy is upset because you can't stay on task, BUT maybe not being able to stay on task IS the problem he's there to help you with.... Chicken, egg, which came first?

I would explain to him pretty much what you told us. You greatly appreciate and value his opinion enormously, and wish you could make more progress. You're having specific problems doing that and want to get past those problems but don't understand how.

If you are having troubles finding the words to say, then might I suggest making some bulletpoints beforehand to stay on task. Just an idea, and based off your last post. I'm playing devil's ado vacate here and assuming the guy isn't a jerk.

1.) Lacking Clear Thoughts
A.) Unable to find the words / difficulty communicating
B.) Confusion
C.) Tending to withdrawal instead of face problems
D.) Forgetting things / lack of focus

Question: How do I keep my thoughts more clear so I can do better and follow plans / make progress?
Issues: There's something keeping me from doing this (some problem, lack of skill, whatever the roadblock is)
Solutions?: Skill building, solving X Problem, or overcoming the roadblock
Concern: How am I ever going to get better if I can't think clearly to follow plans that help me get better?

Desired result: Help following through and keeping my thoughts clear.

Please keep in mind that I am NOT a psychologist and have my own fair deal of problems. I want you to know that I am in no way attempting to make light of your situation and am attempting to help in the only way I feel I can. If this helps you in any way and your therapist approves, good. If it doesn't, then I apologize and please feel no obligation. It seems as though you're having a communication / expectation difficulty.

Again, that's just what I' m reading off two posts. If I am misreading things, I am sorry. The dead last thing I want is to cause you trouble. I sincerely hope you get better and that your life works in your favor.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:44:59 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87579 on: January 29, 2015, 01:39:50 am »

Truean, maybe you need a good long vacation, badly.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87580 on: January 29, 2015, 01:49:13 am »

I had the idea of what I wanted to say, I just suddenly got scared and indecisive. Because I haven't followed through on the shit we talked about, and my exercise is very unimpressive, I just got insecure and couldn't talk. I wasted the whole hour just looking down at my hands, trying to articulate but only muttered to myself.

I can see why he lost his patience with me, I've been seeing him for so long, more than a year now, and I'm still just a loser that's wasting his time.

I'll just cancel any future appointments, think of something else to do with myself. Whatever that is.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87581 on: January 29, 2015, 01:49:41 am »

Truean, maybe you need a good long vacation, badly.

No maybe about it. Wish we could get a fund started to send Truean to a beach somewhere nice, or some other lovely vacation spot where idiots will not largely flock and attack. Somewhere that still has access to Bay12, so we can catch some happy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87582 on: January 29, 2015, 06:22:42 am »

I had the idea of what I wanted to say, I just suddenly got scared and indecisive. Because I haven't followed through on the shit we talked about, and my exercise is very unimpressive, I just got insecure and couldn't talk. I wasted the whole hour just looking down at my hands, trying to articulate but only muttered to myself.

I can see why he lost his patience with me, I've been seeing him for so long, more than a year now, and I'm still just a loser that's wasting his time.

I'll just cancel any future appointments, think of something else to do with myself. Whatever that is.

You just started exercising. That's pretty fucking rad bro. You're doing better than I am. I had to sign up for credit to exercise, and even then I picked fucking badminton.

You're doing a good job with the exercise. Keep it up man. You're changing. It's slow but that's how everything starts.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87583 on: January 29, 2015, 06:51:55 am »

Thanks, I really mean it.

I really miss playing sports with people.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87584 on: January 29, 2015, 07:02:16 am »

Thanks, I really mean it.

I really miss playing sports with people.

You in college? Planning? They might offer some team sports as a one-credit course.
Pages: 1 ... 5837 5838 [5839] 5840 5841 ... 8167