Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5613 5614 [5615] 5616 5617 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441546 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84210 on: November 09, 2014, 11:31:48 pm »

I do think some crazy stuff on the line of that but I don't think my mind just randomly jumps to killing 7 people, usually it builds up slowly, I'm also usually mad, and thinking of nothing but the person that angered me. Then I sit there at the aftermath of my thoughts and think,"WTF dude?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84211 on: November 09, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »

Wanting to kill yourself isnt normal in the sense that it should be ignored. I know how that feels, xy. It hurts, and it comes back. I can't say finding medication will help much, or for long; mine isn't helping me as much as it used to. But you gotta try talking to your family more. Talk to somebody, talk to us, even.

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that can walk down the street and think "I bet it would be fun to sock that smug asshole in the face/kick that woman in the gut" out of nowhere.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84212 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

Don't worry. It's totally a thing that happens to every one, but they (especially the suicidal thoughts)  are definitely more common in people with depression.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84213 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:39 pm »

Wanting to kill yourself isnt normal in the sense that it should be ignored. I know how that feels, xy. It hurts, and it comes back. I can't say finding medication will help much, or for long; mine isn't helping me as much as it used to. But you gotta try talking to your family more. Talk to somebody, talk to us, even.

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that can walk down the street and think "I bet it would be fun to sock that smug asshole in the face/kick that woman in the gut" out of nowhere.
Strangely enough, this small(ish) place on the internet is the actual only place where i seemingly can bring myself say things about problems I'm having. IRL, Even in the midst of a breakdown, I lied to my parents about the severity. I don't know why I do it, but I hate myself for it, and I can't stop. It's just another mask I wear on top of the rest, and I feel like I can't take it off.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84214 on: November 09, 2014, 11:47:23 pm »

I did the same thing to my parents for years. Its really hard to finally do, but you'll feel so much better afterwards, its worth the effort.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84215 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »

Spoiler: wall of text for XY (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #84216 on: November 10, 2014, 12:04:32 am »

Strangely enough, this small(ish) place on the internet is the actual only place where i seemingly can bring myself say things about problems I'm having. IRL, Even in the midst of a breakdown, I lied to my parents about the severity. I don't know why I do it, but I hate myself for it, and I can't stop. It's just another mask I wear on top of the rest, and I feel like I can't take it off.
I can't offer you any advice beyond going to a therapist, broheim. Majora's Mask emotional orgy syndrome (a term I just coined just now) is not something you should have to deal with, and the professional opinion of random dullards on an internet forum is probably not your best psychiatric choice.

But yeah, I wasn't trying to devalue what you were saying. All I can say is that I hope you get better.

I do think some crazy stuff on the line of that but I don't think my mind just randomly jumps to killing 7 people, usually it builds up slowly, I'm also usually mad, and thinking of nothing but the person that angered me. Then I sit there at the aftermath of my thoughts and think,"WTF dude?"

Oh I don't really want to do it, that'd be fucking crazy. It's just the same kind of thought you get when you're afraid of heights and you imagine falling off, it just happens and I roll w/ it.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84217 on: November 10, 2014, 12:09:35 am »

Spoiler: wall of text for XY (click to show/hide)

I can't offer you any advice beyond going to a therapist, broheim. Majora's Mask emotional orgy syndrome (a term I just coined just now) is not something you should have to deal with, and the professional opinion of random dullards on an internet forum is probably not your best psychiatric choice.

But yeah, I wasn't trying to devalue what you were saying. All I can say is that I hope you get better.

Oh I don't really want to do it, that'd be fucking crazy. It's just the same kind of thought you get when you're afraid of heights and you imagine falling off, it just happens and I roll w/ it.
I did the same thing to my parents for years. Its really hard to finally do, but you'll feel so much better afterwards, its worth the effort.
Thank you all. Not much else I can really say. Just... Thank you all.

Also,
Majora's Mask emotional orgy syndrome
This is amazing. Thanks for the smile.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #84218 on: November 10, 2014, 12:32:19 am »

-Snip-
Would it make you feel better to know that these tricks had never occurred to me before, and upon trying them today after reading about them in your post, they are helping me?
Those are actually variations on one of the most classic and reliable memory techniques, the Method of Loci. The hard part of memorization is triggering the recall; without strong links between some topic and some sub-topic's details, you won't really remember it by thinking about the topic in general. Such methods add links by utilizing the spatial memory, in which varying sizes of landmarks and how they link together are fundamental building blocks. And thus by picturing one 'landmark' you also recall the links to smaller scale landmarks around it, and the associated memories along with them.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84219 on: November 10, 2014, 12:53:09 am »

I hope that you get better XY! Good luck!

Kaladin cancels sad post: Went insane
Kaladin has been stricken with melancholy

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84220 on: November 10, 2014, 01:41:07 am »

Thaaaat's why you're in the Halfway Haus. Okay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84221 on: November 10, 2014, 02:35:08 am »

wow
such self promotion
much sell out
wow
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84222 on: November 10, 2014, 02:36:29 am »

wow
such self promotion
much sell out
wow
Wow, update your damn LP. Much tongue sticky outy. Very sarcasm. Wow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84223 on: November 10, 2014, 02:40:17 am »

Study leave is bad. I should be studying biology, but I'm actually wondering about Python screenscrapers.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84224 on: November 10, 2014, 02:58:04 am »

Guess which one's more useful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5613 5614 [5615] 5616 5617 ... 8167