Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441496 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84180 on: November 09, 2014, 02:48:57 pm »

I am made of inexplicable muscle aches this weekend. Whyyyyyy
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84181 on: November 09, 2014, 02:57:00 pm »

Probably because you're missing all the other tissues that are supposed to go along with those muscles and nerves.

Acquire some ibuprofen or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #84182 on: November 09, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »

0 Motivation. Large need to get things done.

God damn depression sucks.

I used to turn everything into a game. I used to be able to use my imagination almost infinitely. Past tense.
I could do incredibly boring and monotonous work and actually make it kinda fun, by sort of half zoning out: I could pay attention to what I was doing, but I was doing it for another reason in my head. Sure, it was a delusion, but it was a damn productive one. Moreover, I was happier.

Long reading assignments turned into a Nintendo NES style platformer with an imaginary character running and jumping along the lines of text and letters (It worked surprisingly well and you'd be surprised the amount I retained from that).  Hell, it provided organization as I made the text lines into little levels in my head. If you've ever played a lot of Super Mario Brothers one, or three, you can probably still remember the level setups can't you? That's how I retained enormous amounts of words in my head, in the same way you know the layout of one of those levels. I remember every level of Super Mario 3 on the NES and how to move/play best. I remember the order, etc. I remember where every hidden secret from those games is in the exact spot in the level, etc.  Imagine if you could get through some important but BORING as hell, long document like that and organize it all in your head that way.

Yeah. That and a few more tricks are not easy or sometimes even possible for me to do anymore. Damn it, I want that back.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:17:47 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84183 on: November 09, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »

I finished watching the first four seasons of Game of Thrones that I had on my computer last night and now I have nothing to do. Time to download random Youtube videos onto a flash drive so I can watch them in my room I guess.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84184 on: November 09, 2014, 07:01:25 pm »

Hi, can I ask if there is a tutorial on how to download videos from youtube? I don't know if this is insanely simple and I'm the only one who doesn't know or not, but any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84185 on: November 09, 2014, 07:04:16 pm »

Here is your tutorial:

Step one = Go here.

This concludes your tutorial.

Also, on Friday I ordered a 3DS and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I chose Two Day Shipping on both, so that they'd get here around the same time. Today I found out that despite getting free Two Day Shipping on the game, whereas I had to pay extra to get it for the system, I'm getting the game today, and the system on Wednesday. If it were the other way around, I'd be fine with it because there are plenty of things you can do with a 3DS and no games, but now I'll have a game and no system to play it on.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:20:18 pm by AlleeCat »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84186 on: November 09, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

thank you

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84187 on: November 09, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »

Here is your tutorial:

Step one = Go here.

This concludes your tutorial.
How did I not know of this before now? o_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #84188 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:11 pm »

-Snip-
Would it make you feel better to know that these tricks had never occurred to me before, and upon trying them today after reading about them in your post, they are helping me?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84189 on: November 09, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

Every time I read the Project Orion Wikipedia page, I get depressed. Two weeks to Mars, if we just... kill one to ten people per launch.

Side note, Two Weeks to Mars would be a good name for a band.
Isn't there already a band called Twenty Seconds to Mars? :P
Also, one-to-ten isn't that many, really. Depends how badly y'all want to get to Mars.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84190 on: November 09, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »

I think I might be sick. Sore throat, normal room temperature makes me shiver, feeling bleh, maybe light fever.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84191 on: November 09, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »

It's the end of the weekend and I haven't gotten nearly as much work done as I intended.

May or may not be freaking out a bit about it now. So many things due in the next two weeks. And I'm probably gonna get more work this week. Ohgodohgodohgod I can't get it all done in time ohgodunecessarypanictimego.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84192 on: November 09, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »

Well, that feeling when you reach for a seatbelt in your cousin's car, and you realize you got a hunting rifle stuck in your seatbelt and are stuck?
I don't know where that would go...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84193 on: November 09, 2014, 10:10:39 pm »

I honestly can't say I've ever been in that situation before.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #84194 on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:05 pm »

I honestly can't say I've ever been in that situation before.
Well, they are very redneck...
I once lost a shirt there, and when I went back the next time they gave it back completely soaked through with blood. Apparently they were using it to soak up the blood of slain deer.
Pages: 1 ... 5611 5612 [5613] 5614 5615 ... 8167