Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5038 5039 [5040] 5041 5042 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447608 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75585 on: May 27, 2014, 01:19:55 pm »

Yes, the system. If someone does that, the system should punish them.

Do you disagree?
AH, that system! Ahahaha. You need to detail what system we're talking about and what the situation is in what system. :I
So yes. There should be.

There wasn't.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75586 on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:35 pm »

I dealt with bullying by being such a violent asshole that I wasn't bothered.

It... has it's issues, as far as methods go.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75587 on: May 27, 2014, 01:47:19 pm »

Yes, it does.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75588 on: May 27, 2014, 02:14:23 pm »

... yeah, immediately and significantly violent enough in regards to any torment that folks just kinda' left me alone in that sort of way. Fortunately(?) in a small enough school(s), in a stable enough town (not much in the way of kids coming and going) it only took a few goes fairly early (the need mostly tapered off during the early parts of middle school *shrugs*) for the general effect of "Not worth messing with" to kinda' sink in. Kinda' quiet, fairly friendly, if a bit stand-offish, a bit odd, and known for hitting back at least as hard as being hit. Not something that would work as well in a larger school or more unstable community. Also not what I'd recommend. I'm not proud of stuff like breaking someone's nose with a pair of sunglasses. If I could go back, that sort of thing is definitely part of what I'd do differently :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75589 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure I avoided bullying by being unconditionally friendly. Like, to anyone regardless of what they'd done. Also probably by not being in 'murrica where apparently there is a high concentration of memorably awful people.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75590 on: May 27, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure I avoided bullying by being unconditionally friendly. Like, to anyone regardless of what they'd done. Also probably by not being in 'murrica where apparently there is a high concentration of memorably awful people.
...That's what I did and still do. xD
Still got bullied :p
Not America/n.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #75591 on: May 27, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »

No such problems with bullying here. Then again, I did go to grammar schools, but still.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75592 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:46 pm »

After a couple of years I worked out how to scare about half the bullies off by acting eerily omniscient. In reality, I just have an excellent memory for trivia such as full names, even if I've only seen them once.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75593 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »

Today I discovered that in my class of 20+ students, I'm actually the only one who voluntarily reads books of any sort.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75594 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:59 pm »

I dunno, but silence works for me. I learned to deal with bullying by withdrawing inward and ignoring everyone. It worked, but in the long run it probably hasn't been the best idea. I'm still working at pulling myself out of my shell.
I did much the same, with similar results.  Although, I think the shell is a permanent fixture at this point. 

Also, while that approach did ultimately get me through, it also exposed the "if you ignore them they'll get bored and stop" advice as utter bullshit.  If anything it just motivated them to try harder.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75595 on: May 27, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

Great.

Dad decides that while I'm out taking the dogs out that he wants to look at what I'm doing on my computer.

Looks at my steam chat.

Asks who they are.

"Friends."

"You shouldn't be talking with people you don't know in real life."

Then threatens that if he finds out I'm doing steam chat still, he's going to get rid of Steam.

Another thing to hide from him ::)

This has got me down.

Why am I down?

Because it's yet another social outlet I'm having to hide to keep the fact that I don't have anyone I can truly be me around. Strangers who I get forced into activities with(Bible camp;Home school groups) where the only gurantee is that most likely I'll know some people there(Bible camp) or it'll be fun(Homeschool groups). I just want to enjoy the people I know as friends, yet whenever I find something I can open up on, I fuck up and my parents find out. Both this site and steam chat among others I've had to 'stop' using. I'm paranoid about everything going wrong one day and I fuck up...

And now I can't steam chat with my friends. People who I've talked to enough to fucking trust with venting to.

Now I'm forcing myself to stop using it like normal. Now it's yet another thing I have to hide.

Just like my religious beliefs.(Don't care how we came, just make life nice for everyone.)

My sexuality.(Bisexuality, though as I live in a christian home and I was still in the dark on what masturbation was in middle school, I'm not in a position to experiment.)

My fucking internet usage.(I've cleared history of unsavory things before.)

And now... Friends.(Steam chat.)

There's that depression again. Fuck depression.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #75596 on: May 27, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »

Yeah, I don't think being nice actually makes you any less likely to be bullied. In my opinion, it actually makes it more likely, since the bullies will think that you are easy to pick on and won't respond strongly.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75597 on: May 27, 2014, 03:30:05 pm »

I feel for you Ice. My parents weren't THAT bad (well, my dad isn't at all), but my mom never could comprehend how I could possibly enjoy a game that is more complicated than, say, Bejeweled, would call it stupid and the like, and heavily limit how long and often I could play.

To that degree I've developed a habit of browsing EVERYTHING in Incognito Mode while having only mail and the like opened in the normal window, and ALT-TABbing out of EVERYTHING as soon as she entered the room.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #75598 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:17 pm »

Yeah, I don't think being nice actually makes you any less likely to be bullied. In my opinion, it actually makes it more likely, since the bullies will think that you are easy to pick on and won't respond strongly.
I dunno about that, it seems to work fairly well here. I was generally polite and had no problems.

Then again, for two years people thought I was going to chop them into pieces and eat them. Even had a teacher tell me that she figured I'd be the one to go insane and murder everyone. I was scary but polite?
Take a closer look at this text!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75599 on: May 27, 2014, 03:33:14 pm »

I feel for you Ice. My parents weren't THAT bad (well, my dad isn't at all), but my mom never could comprehend how I could possibly enjoy a game that is more complicated than, say, Bejeweled, would call it stupid and the like, and heavily limit how long and often I could play.

To that degree I've developed a habit of browsing EVERYTHING in Incognito Mode while having only mail and the like opened in the normal window, and ALT-TABbing out of EVERYTHING as soon as she entered the room.

My parents would be more suspicious if I did that.

Sorry to be a spoil sport :P
Pages: 1 ... 5038 5039 [5040] 5041 5042 ... 8167