Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4756 4757 [4758] 4759 4760 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448881 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71355 on: March 17, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »

That feeling as you're struggling with something like putting your resume together and suspecting that you're really not all that bright, after all.
That feeling when you try to do anything at all and realize that you're not very bright, just as you suspected all along.
This, but on top of that, everyone's always told you that you have "unlimited potential" and are some sort of super brainiac.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71356 on: March 17, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »

okay...

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:34:47 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71357 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:19 pm »

Let me explain my sads yesterday...

In 2-4 days my mom will be shouting at me about how irresponsible I am, how unsociable the computer is making me and how I waste so much potential and she has sacrificed so much for me and how can ai be so ungrateful and there's people starving outside and I'm gonna ruin my life. I'll probably get belt
lashed or worse, and won't be able to talk to you guys for at least a month, probably two to four.

Add to this the fact that school has been as bad as ever, my classmates/friends are still being idiots, three teachers are angry at me, gaslighting is still going on (not as bad as some people have it, but it's still there) and I don't know what's right or wrong or what is going on.

I just... Can't. I can't anymore.
Less sociable? That's a superficial argument, but I know where she's coming from--my own mom does the same to me (and oh dear was that a bad and misunderstood time).

If I could support you or aid your argument, I would (and..well, PMs.), but I've to say this:
Communication evolves with technology. In the time we cannot see our friends, we have the computer. Using the computer does NOT devolve social skills--learning social skills IS UP TO THE PERSON and NOT directly related with computer usage.
One can use the computer for years, and still be able to relate with people if they value it.

It will take me a long time to explain this--and I'd prefer PMs due to the privacy of it, but I feel like I can guess out how her attitude is there...
But I've to say this:

Correct her, Cmega. I don'tknow who you are or where you're from, but you have my full support here. Correct her! Her intent is good, but the execution is...bad. Shouting and screaming at someone you care about does not help.
Tell her your worries. Make her aware of how she tries to show her concern of you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71358 on: March 17, 2014, 09:35:53 pm »

That feeling as you're struggling with something like putting your resume together and suspecting that you're really not all that bright, after all.
That feeling when you try to do anything at all and realize that you're not very bright, just as you suspected all along.
This, but on top of that, everyone's always told you that you have "unlimited potential" and are some sort of super brainiac.
This, but realizing that back in the past, you were, and whatever you had, you lost.

However, I'm of the school of argument that 'Everything can always get worse'.
Sure, subjective comparison is unhealthy, but I don't care if it keeps me happy. I spent my schooldays going 'That sucks, but it'd suck way more to not be able to use my legs.'

Don't worry guys, it could be raining.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71359 on: March 17, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

If it were raining, then maybe my state wouldn't be on fucking fire.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71360 on: March 17, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »

It could be raining fire.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71361 on: March 17, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

If it were raining fire, then maybe her state would get used to the fucking fire.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71362 on: March 17, 2014, 09:45:02 pm »

+1

"You're so smart, you could do anything you wanted!"
What if I don't KNOW what I want?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71363 on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »

I want to be smarter!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71364 on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:32 pm »

This, but realizing that back in the past, you were, and whatever you had, you lost.
...O_o
You can't actually lose that...

But yeah. Comparison and such, I really think its...the outlook? :S

I want to be smarter!
Work for it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71365 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:09 pm »

I want to be smarter!
Move to Morrowind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71366 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:22 pm »

It could be raining fire.
So long as the sun's not out. Better to be burnt quick than burnt slow.

Forecast is saying it probably won't rain again until at least a week from now, too. All bright goddamn skies and temperatures nearing 80F. Spring can go dry up in a hole and die, hopefully taking summer and fall with it in a celestial polyamorous lover's suicide. Winter's the only season worth a damn in this gods forsaken swamp.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71367 on: March 17, 2014, 09:53:38 pm »

It's impossible to lose intelligence? I wonder if you would say the same thing after being repeatedly bludgeoned with a lead brick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71368 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »

It's impossible to lose intelligence? I wonder if you would say the same thing after being repeatedly bludgeoned with a lead brick.
::)
Your arguments are an enigma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71369 on: March 17, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »

I'm not sure his arguments are really supposed to be arguments. I always thought they were a manifestation of his sense of humor...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4756 4757 [4758] 4759 4760 ... 8167