Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415953 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68160 on: December 08, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

Rebecca Black has released a sequel to 'Friday'. It's called 'Saturday'. My mind is blown at how awful this is.
It's actually a song poking fun at the previous one. I'm serious, Rebecca Black actually made fun of her own song.
She's taken the whole thing very well. Normally someone getting the sheer volume of hate and vitriol she does would curl into a ball and cry to sleep.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68161 on: December 08, 2013, 08:14:02 pm »

@Josh: I obviously know next to nothing about your current situation & health, but is there any possibility for you to do practical work, like gardening? Preferrably in a somewhat remote place - it might help you stop focusing on your (current) social troubles. Getting up in the morning, having breakfast, working, having lunch, working, having dinner, sleep. Nothing else. I'm really looking forward to doing something like that during my semester holidays, myself.

(Might be a tad difficult if you live in the city - the idea might need some work ;) )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68162 on: December 08, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

I'm timid, I'm afraid. Afraid of the future, afraid of examining myself too closely. I've worn a mask for too long, and I'm finding it difficult to put it back on and pretend everything is okay. I look out through the cracks in my mask and see nobody is coming to help me. Nobody can see them. Nobody can see me.

The trick in life, it seems, is to fall gracefully.
Everybody wears masks, as far as I know. Some people's mask cover more of their face than others.
The only problem is most people are too selfish to notice other people also wear masks and need help.

Indeed. We all wear masks to some degree. It's okay to wear a mask. Sometimes though, you have to ask for help. Some people care more than you think.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68163 on: December 08, 2013, 11:23:19 pm »

The people who don't wear masks a re generally called sociopaths, or dwarf fortress players. :P
There's a difference?  :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68164 on: December 08, 2013, 11:45:17 pm »

I don't wear masks.

Not since Termina.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68165 on: December 08, 2013, 11:48:05 pm »

You just wear adorable headbands and think your country actually matters, how cute~

* Descan says the Canadian-Scottish nationalist :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68166 on: December 09, 2013, 12:54:21 am »

@Josh: I obviously know next to nothing about your current situation & health, but is there any possibility for you to do practical work, like gardening? Preferrably in a somewhat remote place - it might help you stop focusing on your (current) social troubles. Getting up in the morning, having breakfast, working, having lunch, working, having dinner, sleep. Nothing else. I'm really looking forward to doing something like that during my semester holidays, myself.

(Might be a tad difficult if you live in the city - the idea might need some work ;) )

Well, gardening isn't possible, since it's Winter. but I've never really liked the prospect.

It's getting legitimately harder to be depressed as I get further into December. The reason why: I work as the operator at a hospital, which doubles as the answering service for a dedicated psychiatric center. Between the two of them, the moment the Christmas season started, I've started getting tons of calls from sad, emotionally ill people depressed about the holidays. I don't help them myself, I just direct them to the proper channels, but the point is I'm always being reminded that my problems are really small out there in this inhospitable world.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #68167 on: December 09, 2013, 12:54:49 am »

Whenever I watch Toy Story 3, I get something in my eye...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68168 on: December 09, 2013, 03:42:03 am »

* LordSlowpoke once more tried to be all social and shit

y'know i even meant well this time around, had pretty great if selfish intent

can i just crash in someone's spare room perpetually

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68169 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:30 am »

Regarding masks ie fake behavioral patterns you put on around other people...
How do you act outside them? Without a mask? I've found myself unable to, to the extent that I put on masks around myself.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68170 on: December 09, 2013, 03:46:51 am »

Regarding masks ie fake behavioral patterns you put on around other people...
How do you act outside them? Without a mask? I've found myself unable to, to the extent that I put on masks around myself.

No such thing. Your social behavior is always a mask, half you and half everyone around you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68171 on: December 09, 2013, 03:47:40 am »

I simply don't. Any spare time I have is spent in my room on my lonesome. Occasionally while talking to you lot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68172 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:27 am »

Huh. Quite existential there. Humans only exist in the presence of other humans.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68173 on: December 09, 2013, 03:49:18 am »

depends on the language i'm currently thinking in. i'm sorta more polite in english, yet more prone to streaming consciousness as if i'm running a twitch show, native i'm somewhat more rude and aggressive. would love to elaborate but phone's dying /again/

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68174 on: December 09, 2013, 03:51:16 am »

Huh. Quite existential there. Humans only exist in the presence of other humans.

No. Note that I said social behavior. Your behavior alone, now that's you.

But you are still just a mish-mash of everyone you know along with your unique little hormone balances, brain structure and qualia. The difference between your social mask and you is that your social mask just brings certain parts of you to the fore.
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 8166