Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4542 4543 [4544] 4545 4546 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9413003 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68145 on: December 07, 2013, 07:55:38 am »

I just feel so sick with myself, so disgusting, so angry and frustrated with myself..

What I did tonight was breakdown and go to a strip club, just cause I wanted any female contact. I regret it now, so much. I couldn't relax at all, I feel so guilty when I waste money frivolously. There weren't any girls I found genuinely attractive, I kept being distracted by how lifeless and mechanical their nude dancing was. And when there was one girl that I found attractive, she wouldn't pay any attention to me.

It really does feel like I drag around an aura that says 'Don't Talk to Me', and even when I'm willing to let go a lot of money just to feel like I'm dispelled of it, it's so evident that the aura's clutched onto me and won't let go.

And so I broke down even further, and did something I internally swore to never do: I started flipping through old texts on my phone that I'd been saving for months, written by the last girl I dated so long ago. I wanted to read them again cause she was so sincerely calling me cute and handsome, she was so playful and nice and smart, I just wanted to feel that kind of good attention again.

I had to walk out of the club when I started welling up right there, before anyone noticed. I cried a little driving back home. Pulling into my driveway and turning the ignition off, I was just so upset I sat in the pitch blackness of my car for twenty minutes or so trying to put my head together.

I'm losing all hope in my life. What the fuck is wrong with me.

Vicious cycle.

You have low self-esteem and are desperate for contact, and people can see this at a subconscious level - probably without even realizing that. And most people, even if their consciously followed ethics would tell them otherwise, are supremely self-interested, and as such they gravitate to people who make them feel better. That's the 'aura' - it's very very subtle things that can be read at a glance and turn people away from you.

It's a feedback loop, but it can be broken.

I won't validate this statement. I'm too delirious to refute anything at this point, but I don't want a snippet from an armchair psychologist to be accepted as defacto truth in the ongoing discussion.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68146 on: December 07, 2013, 10:57:56 am »

I think everyone gave up on my Shadowrun game. Either that or they're waiting for me to railroad them into something >_>
Sometimes you just gotta drop the rails.
The only time I railroaded them was in the very beginning to get them all together. Other than that they've pretty much been free to do whatever. I kind of want them to do some stuff around town and/or maybe flesh out their characters before I drop the next plot point, but nobody seems to want to do anything...

In other news, I'm very heavily depressed. More so now than I have been in the last few months. If I hadn't lost the will to commit suicide after my last attempt, I'd probably try it at this point. I've lost my food benefits and therefor can't pay for food, and the registration deadline for winter quarter is coming up fast and I haven't even signed up for school yet. I may be in my own apartment, but my dad pretty much hates me for completely arbitrary reasons and my sister is completely terrified of me for reasons that have yet to be explained. I absolutely hate myself, and I regularly wrack my brain to find some sort of redeeming qualities I have and constantly come up short. Half the time my mind is an inconsistent jumble of incoherent thoughts and memories anyway, so when thoughts about myself do bubble to the surface, they're usually negative and hurtful. Half the time I'm too depressed to get out of bed, and the other half I'm so angry that I lock myself in my room for fear of hurting someone. I can't even look for a therapist in my area because even though I have insurance, I wouldn't even be able to cover the co-pay, since I can't even afford food. Basically, my life is a wreck and it's still going downhill no matter how hard I try, and I'm just sick of it. I want to die. I just want to disappear from the face of the earth, so I don't have to deal with this stupid world anymore.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68147 on: December 07, 2013, 01:39:29 pm »

I just finished watching Last Exile... Now sure what I should be watching now. I'm... Picky, when it comes to anime, much like I am when I comes to books, so now I'm going to have to spend the next 3 months finding a half-decent violent fantasy anime. (And please don't say Berserk, I intend to read the Manga of that first.)

So uh... I'm sad that I gotta find another anime to watch.

You could try Last Exile:Fam The Silver Wing. The sequel series.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68148 on: December 07, 2013, 02:42:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure my grandpa is on hIs way out.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68149 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:41 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68150 on: December 07, 2013, 05:41:42 pm »

Kalpa, nobody is finishing their RP so it cant continue.
Crack-a-lack-a

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68151 on: December 07, 2013, 06:28:44 pm »

Today I learned that I'm completely unequipped to make apple cider, and that the resulting applesauce, however delicious, is not a replacement.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68152 on: December 08, 2013, 09:33:34 am »

Rebecca Black has released a sequel to 'Friday'. It's called 'Saturday'. My mind is blown at how awful this is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68153 on: December 08, 2013, 10:10:43 am »

Rebecca Black has released a sequel to 'Friday'. It's called 'Saturday'. My mind is blown at how awful this is.
There's always much worse.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68154 on: December 08, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

There's
Hairy Lee, is this you?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68155 on: December 08, 2013, 10:26:24 am »

It's actually a song poking fun at the previous one. I'm serious, Rebecca Black actually made fun of her own song.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #68156 on: December 08, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

There's always much worse.

I can't help but think of this every time I see your name, AlleeCat. :P

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68157 on: December 08, 2013, 12:05:13 pm »

This has become my theme song.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #68158 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:18 pm »

This has become my theme song.
Happy to help! :D

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68159 on: December 08, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »

I just feel so sick with myself, so disgusting, so angry and frustrated with myself..

What I did tonight was breakdown and go to a strip club, just cause I wanted any female contact. I regret it now, so much. I couldn't relax at all, I feel so guilty when I waste money frivolously. There weren't any girls I found genuinely attractive, I kept being distracted by how lifeless and mechanical their nude dancing was. And when there was one girl that I found attractive, she wouldn't pay any attention to me.

It really does feel like I drag around an aura that says 'Don't Talk to Me', and even when I'm willing to let go a lot of money just to feel like I'm dispelled of it, it's so evident that the aura's clutched onto me and won't let go.

And so I broke down even further, and did something I internally swore to never do: I started flipping through old texts on my phone that I'd been saving for months, written by the last girl I dated so long ago. I wanted to read them again cause she was so sincerely calling me cute and handsome, she was so playful and nice and smart, I just wanted to feel that kind of good attention again.

I had to walk out of the club when I started welling up right there, before anyone noticed. I cried a little driving back home. Pulling into my driveway and turning the ignition off, I was just so upset I sat in the pitch blackness of my car for twenty minutes or so trying to put my head together.

I'm losing all hope in my life. What the fuck is wrong with me.
Relax man, seriously you are not a terrible person or anything and I can tell you with certainty that you would not be the first person to go to a strip club and leave feeling depressed. Sure, you've got some problems but so does everyone else out there. Some people are just better at covering them up. You don't need to beat yourself up over the things that are wrong with you. Just look at them and try thinking realistically about what different things you could do to self improve yourself and be happier.

Regarding the attractive stripper, remember for them it's just a job. They're trying to make money and it's not personal. Even if they were showering you with attention, it wouldn't be personal, it's about money. Regarding the old text messages; okay, you had something special once and you can get it again. It might be a pain in the ass to get but you can certainly get it.

Attitude is a big key, I won't lie about that. If you feel shitty about yourself all the time that shows and people, being what they are, will probably treat you differently because of it. Look more at the things you like about yourself. Everyone has a redeeming quality somewhere in there. If you can't find it, congratulations on being humble, there you go. Seriously though, look for things you like about yourself and if you're having trouble finding some, go make some. Maybe get a gym membership and start working out or go jogging. Take it easy and take your time, everyone has to start somewhere. It's a pain but over time, it'll build you up physically which can lead to your self confidence being built up. Instead of going to a strip club, maybe try yoga classes. It might sound stupid but it can actually be very relaxing and help you relieve stress as well as making you feel healthier and happier. Realize that for all the issues you have, other people have issues too. It may sound like a crappy thing to do, but start looking at other people's faults to make yourself feel better. Don't elevate others to god like positions where what they think has so much power over you. When you can realistically see all the things wrong with other people and contrast that with yourself, for me at least, it helps put things in perspective. You don't want to be mean about it with other people but just for yourself, realize that you actually have good qualities and other people have problems even if they aren't the same ones you have.

All the stuff above would hopefully make you feel happier with yourself. Being happy and self confident is a big step towards getting people to like you. Another big part, as was alluded to on the other part of the thread, is that people are selfish and like feeling good. So make other's feel good. Find a group of people who have similar interests and humor to you. Bring up a topic you know they like talking about and let them do most of the talking. People love others who listen to them and make what they're saying sound important. If they aren't good at talking, try a little bit by bringing up a topic they know and love and if that doesn't work just talk about it yourself and maybe make a couple jokes. There's a good chance people will love you for it. Talk about your flaws to others. Not in a whiny way but in a joking story teller kind of way. Relate bad things that happened in a funny way and it'll make people feel more confident and good around you. Just don't be whiny about it. Be funny and be confident. Realize that bad things happen to everyone and that when it happens, it can be a funny story to tell but that it doesn't make you a bad person. Don't try too hard to get others to like you. I know that might sound weird given this whole paragraph about people liking you but it's important. When you interact with others, it shouldn't be to get them to like you but to have fun. You're in it to have fun and get a laugh out of what others have to say or to talk about stuff that interests you. If being around certain people doesn't make you feel good, then respectfully keep your distance and look for another group of people but don't give up.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 4542 4543 [4544] 4545 4546 ... 8166