Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4022 4023 [4024] 4025 4026 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439405 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60345 on: April 13, 2013, 01:10:02 pm »

As would I.
Someone spammed 30 threads of bad shock picks, poorly spelled insults, poorly spelled sexual insults, and quite a lot of hate against Toady.
Was it one person or a bunch of trolls?
2 People, one escaped lunatic and one normal formaly normal forumgoer.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60346 on: April 13, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »

http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/north-korea-threatens-to-kill-nicolas-cage/

Specifically:
Asked if it would make a difference to the White House’s position if the man in the video were the real Nicolas Cage, Carney replied “No, it wouldn’t.”[/quote[
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60347 on: April 13, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »

Specifically:
Asked if it would make a difference to the White House’s position if the man in the video were the real Nicolas Cage, Carney replied “No, it wouldn’t.”
Satire? Looks like it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:09:55 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #60348 on: April 13, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »

Specifically:
Asked if it would make a difference to the White House’s position if the man in the video were the real Nicolas Cage, Carney replied “No, it wouldn’t.”
We surrender, don't touch our Nicolas Cage

The hostages – all appearing in the video to be North Korean soldiers wearing wigs of various colours – were shown being held at gunpoint on three chairs in front of a giant portrait of Eternal President Kim Il-Sung. The video stated that if the United States military did not withdraw all forces from the Korean peninsula by Sunday, the hostages would be executed one by one, starting with Nicolas Cage.

DOHOHOHOHOHOHO~

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #60349 on: April 13, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »

I saw someone instagram their meal for the first time today. I was hoping that it was a joke and didn't exist.

I see it all the time here.

What really gets me is how much attention a person can get for posting a picture of food.  It seems so inane, but then half the population of the planet chimes in on how that does or doesn't look good to them and how they're hungry now and they ate something like that once and it was ok or nitpick critiques about how the food item could have been made better/etc/etc/etc.  I guess I just don't understand why food is such an interesting conversation topic to some people.

Because "social networking" makes it easy to talk about practically pointless, trivial, or silly things instantly. Because it takes only a couple minutes, more people see no issue with sharing whatever their opinion is on whatever other people are sharing.

Basically, it's like social media is making communication so easy that the quality of communication produced is dropping as the quantity of communication goes up.

When letters were the only method of communication, people wanted/needed to really think out what to say and how to say it. Now it takes 2 seconds to post "lul, dat fud iz butts" through the magic of smartphone wifi twitfacegram internetting.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60350 on: April 13, 2013, 02:26:08 pm »

I saw someone instagram their meal for the first time today. I was hoping that it was a joke and didn't exist.

I see it all the time here.

What really gets me is how much attention a person can get for posting a picture of food.  It seems so inane, but then half the population of the planet chimes in on how that does or doesn't look good to them and how they're hungry now and they ate something like that once and it was ok or nitpick critiques about how the food item could have been made better/etc/etc/etc.  I guess I just don't understand why food is such an interesting conversation topic to some people.  Give me my Soylent, already.
cause soylent tastes like milk of Mag which is nasty.
I'm going to make a world wide blag, where I'll post every day a picture of Soylen Green. That should work.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60351 on: April 13, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »

I suspect my romantic affection has disappeared permanently.

. . . He voted for Romney.

He also pretty much told me he wasn't prepared to go take responsibility in life and intentionally hung out with blatantly immature people in order to feel younger.  He's waffly and lacking in conviction.  When we were out at the bar yesterday and our 21-year-old cohort talked about how he'd come back from college, gotten really drunk, and tried to pick up various high school girls to come over (and--implication--have sex with him, with these young ladies underage), the young fellow commiserated.

And it's become pretty clear that he basically spent undergrad drunk. 

That, and I think the chemistry wasn't that good.  The thing is, I could see myself marrying someone who habitually voted Republican under the right circumstances, because there are a number of things they say that I agree with.  And I could see myself ending up with someone who drank from time to time, or someone a bit more waffly than myself.  Even someone less clever than myself, to be sure!  What I'm saying is, I don't need to be with me-but-better.

But what I was looking for was someone more solid and less prone to flights of fancy, not someone who had just made himself seem consistent by choosing lukewarm living and blindly following the leader.

Man, I dunno.  I'm not sure just what I want anymore.  I put in a big effort to come into this with a truly open heart--to not let my overbearing sentimentality drive me into a bad relationship again, and to not let my fears drive me away from something that might have been positive thanks to an over-consideration of the surfaces of things, an obsession with terms rather than things as they are.

*shrug*

Really, when it comes down to it, I'm not sure of how I feel but I'm doing a hard lean towards "no."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60352 on: April 13, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »

Well I can't say I'm surprised you feel it isn't working out, but I think it's great you took the time to test the waters and find out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60354 on: April 13, 2013, 07:49:58 pm »

So my brother mocked me for well over an hour for interpreting songs.

He went on a mocking tirade about how songs are all literal and what I am doing with ANY song is exactly what people do with "I am the Walrus" which he forced me to listen to, to drive his point home.

He keeps defending that he isn't mocking me but he does it so back handedly that it he is just justifying it to himself.

But there you go... ALL music is literal (Super literal) and there is no interpretation for all time and you are all wrong except I won't say you are wrong I will just say you are deluded and like deluded people... In other words I will call you wrong and stupid for being wrong in everyway EXCEPT outright saying you are (except when I do and forget about it)

I feel so petty and that I shouldn't feel bad just because this happened... but I take a lot of ownership of my thoughts and feelings and being mocked for so long just really gets to me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:13:38 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60355 on: April 13, 2013, 08:17:55 pm »

Hang on, all music is literal?

The artists who say their songs are metaphorical are therefore wrong?

Right all songs are literal and any interpretations of the music you get are just delusions you are making up in your own head.

Mind you I mean super literal.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60356 on: April 13, 2013, 08:19:56 pm »

Holy shit... So Mick Jagger is the devil?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60357 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »

Holy shit... So Mick Jagger is the devil?

Yes I am sure whatever song you are referencing is about how Mick Jagger is the devil.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60359 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »

Hang on, all music is literal?

The artists who say their songs are metaphorical are therefore wrong?

Right all songs are literal and any interpretations of the music you get are just delusions you are making up in your own head.

Mind you I mean super literal.
Welp.

I wonder what lyric-less songs are about, then?
They're obviously about how we live in an empty meaningless world that is also filled with profound beauty.

Either that or the author's desire for people to shut up and listen more.
Pages: 1 ... 4022 4023 [4024] 4025 4026 ... 8167