Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3883 3884 [3885] 3886 3887 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9481115 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58260 on: February 19, 2013, 04:52:26 pm »

I just can't seem to help detesting people....

Some, very few, have thanked me for what I do. Several others, do not and actively complain more and more....

I didn't get arrested; you did.
I didn't get sued; you did.
I didn't get divorced; you did.

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine. It isn't his fault the furnace went out. He's simply the one fixing it.

I can't help but conclude that human beings (or at least most of them I know) are insane. They would rather complain about a problem, accomplishing nothing, than figure out a way to fix it. No wonder the aliens kill us in every movie (with some exceptions like ET, but still).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58261 on: February 19, 2013, 04:54:10 pm »

You're mostly seeing people at their lowest, Truean. If they were in a good time they wouldn't need your services.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58262 on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine.
What happens when you tell them they're doing that?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58263 on: February 19, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine.
I'm afraid the methaphor flies over their head.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58264 on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »

I'm afraid the methaphor flies over their head.
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of "You're the one that got arrested, why are you shouting at me?"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58265 on: February 19, 2013, 05:10:16 pm »

I'm guessing they probably scream louder. Because that helps.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58266 on: February 19, 2013, 05:21:10 pm »

Dropped my phone today and the screen isn't working right now. None of the normal graphics show up, instead replaced by a bizarre crosswork of blue lines which vaguely correspond to what is supposed to be there. It still works, but I can't really use it blind.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58267 on: February 19, 2013, 05:56:41 pm »

Dropped my phone today and the screen isn't working right now. None of the normal graphics show up, instead replaced by a bizarre crosswork of blue lines which vaguely correspond to what is supposed to be there. It still works, but I can't really use it blind.
So you found the FBI mode button.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58268 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »

So you found the FBI mode button.
If that's the "fall three feet and land on the sleep button", yes.
No Gods, No Masters.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58269 on: February 19, 2013, 06:17:17 pm »

I have realised that despite i am intelligent, blonde and high, wich should be really high ststus, i wont ever get recognised as a proper partner.

Ill be a 30 year old virgin! Yaaaay!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58270 on: February 19, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »

I can't find anywhere to get the TF2 soundtrack.

I am willing to pay money for this. Where is it Valve?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58271 on: February 19, 2013, 06:42:15 pm »

I have realised that despite i am intelligent, blonde and high, wich should be really high ststus, i wont ever get recognised as a proper partner.

Ill be a 30 year old virgin! Yaaaay!
Hey, don't you know that 30 year old virgins become wizards? With our combined powers, we will easily conquer this foolish world!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58272 on: February 19, 2013, 06:50:46 pm »

Some, very few, have thanked me for what I do. Several others, do not and actively complain more and more....

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine. It isn't his fault the furnace went out. He's simply the one fixing it.

I can't help but conclude that human beings (or at least most of them I know) are insane. They would rather complain about a problem, accomplishing nothing, than figure out a way to fix it. No wonder the aliens kill us in every movie (with some exceptions like ET, but still).

I think it's the mentality of 'rather than accept responsibility and take action to fix problems, I'm going to complain and complain and complain until the problem is fixed for me. it's fair because it TOTALLY WASN'T MY FAULT'

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58273 on: February 19, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »

I think it's the mentality of 'rather than accept responsibility and take action to fix problems, I'm going to complain and complain and complain until the problem is fixed for me. it's fair because it TOTALLY WASN'T MY FAULT'
This, more likely than anything else, is what is going to be the death of us all.

/deadfuckingserious

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58274 on: February 19, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »

This, more likely than anything else, is what is going to be the death of us all.

/deadfuckingserious

:) People refuse to pay people to do what they need done, can't do it themselves, demand it be done, complain about reality not granting their every wish, and expect other people to go broke doing their bidding.

Personally, I'd be fine almost better off in the wilderness as the last person alive. Most people I see wouldn't know how to live without a supermarket. My main problem would be lack of salt to preserve meat.

Had client who wouldn't pay me; blamed having to pay for a home repair as the reason. I brought my tools over and did the repair myself, for free. Still not paid. Suing....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:45:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 3883 3884 [3885] 3886 3887 ... 8167