Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3884 3885 [3886] 3887 3888 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478833 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58275 on: February 19, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

I just can't seem to help detesting people....

Some, very few, have thanked me for what I do. Several others, do not and actively complain more and more....

I didn't get arrested; you did.
I didn't get sued; you did.
I didn't get divorced; you did.

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine. It isn't his fault the furnace went out. He's simply the one fixing it.

I can't help but conclude that human beings (or at least most of them I know) are insane. They would rather complain about a problem, accomplishing nothing, than figure out a way to fix it. No wonder the aliens kill us in every movie (with some exceptions like ET, but still).

I think it's the mentality of 'rather than accept responsibility and take action to fix problems, I'm going to complain and complain and complain until the problem is fixed for me. it's fair because it TOTALLY WASN'T MY FAULT'
This, more likely than anything else, is what is going to be the death of us all.

/deadfuckingserious

:) People refuse to pay people to do what they need done, can't do it themselves, demand it be done, complain about reality not granting their every wish, and expect other people to go broke doing their bidding.

Personally, I'd be fine almost better off in the wilderness as the last person alive. Most people I see wouldn't know how to live without a supermarket. My main problem would be lack of salt to preserve meat.

Had client who wouldn't pay me; blamed having to pay for a home repair as the reason. I brought my tools over and did the repair myself, for free. Still not paid. Suing....
Truean, please let me make opening remarks to people like these. I'll even make those remarks off the record!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58276 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »

Truean, at this point I'm thinking you aren't actually part of the human race. Humans don't go to such efforts. I know, I am one of them. You actually fixed a guys house so that he couldn't blame home repairs for not being able to pay you? How are you able to just work so hard? There are people who care about people, but perhaps you actually, honestly care for the human race. I didn't know that was possible.

You are a bit of an inspiration...

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58277 on: February 19, 2013, 09:22:47 pm »

Maybe she's actually from China, where everyone is awesome but they built the Great Firewall so we don't notice.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58278 on: February 19, 2013, 09:27:04 pm »

You seem to have me quite misunderstood....

Used to care about the human race. Don't care about the human race anymore. I am a member only reluctantly. Just wanted paid and got so sick of his complaining that I removed the reason for the complaining, no benevolence required. Somehow there is still complaining.... Tragically, one cannot use a hammer to remedy this problem.

How I do it? I have no life. I have no real family, or rather, what family I have gets the bare minimum exposure to me/sees only the facade I let them see, just like everyone else. I have very few friends and of those few I spend very little time with them. I work an average of 14 hours a day and don't get paid for even half that time while being often told I "don't do anything." Yes, that's approximately 98 hours a week on average. [shrugs] What else would I do with my time? Spend it with people? People from a society that doesn't appreciate what I do, sold me into indentured servitude called student loans so it could pay lower taxes, and who would shun the real me?  No.... I will live as I will die: alone, because the overwhelming majority of people aren't capable of love and aren't worthy of respect.

That, and I can't just do "close enough." It bugs the shit out of me. Though admittedly not as much as it bugged me when PETA picketed, because I raised rabbits for meat. Humane? Don't care. It's tasty. I gave the PETA people lucky rabbits' feet....

In simple sum, the self destructive thing called humanity effectively exiled the real me decades ago. I assure you; I care very little for it in its current form.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:56:54 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58279 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:51 pm »

Tragically, one cannot use a hammer to remedy this problem.
Could you use a mallet?
But seriously, don't discount the oh wait you're a decent person never mind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58280 on: February 19, 2013, 10:09:57 pm »

Were these rabbits that you personally own?
Can PETA even picket an individual's private property without it being harassment?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58281 on: February 19, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »

People need to eat.  Screw groups like that; as if there aren't more prominent animal cruelty issues than a person trying to keep well fed.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58282 on: February 20, 2013, 02:15:45 am »

I call a hugging circle, with Truean at the middle!

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug*

*ahem*
Truean I'd say the problem is the clients you meet are probably NOT good examples of humanity.  The good examples are out NOT suing or being sued, solving their problems through intelligence and wit and taking responsibility for themselves.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58283 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:01 am »

*ahem*
Truean I'd say the problem is the clients you meet are probably NOT good examples of humanity.  The good examples are out NOT suing or being sued, solving their problems through intelligence and wit and taking responsibility for themselves.

Most reasonable explanation.  I've never even been in a courtroom.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58284 on: February 20, 2013, 02:27:04 am »

*ahem*

Most reasonable explanation.  I've never even been in a courtroom.
I've been in a courtroom once. I very nearly got selected for a jury :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58285 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:58 am »

Used to care about the human race. Don't care about the human race anymore. I am a member only reluctantly. Just wanted paid and got so sick of his complaining that I removed the reason for the complaining, no benevolence required. Somehow there is still complaining.... Tragically, one cannot use a hammer to remedy this problem.

How I do it? I have no life. I have no real family, or rather, what family I have gets the bare minimum exposure to me/sees only the facade I let them see, just like everyone else. I have very few friends and of those few I spend very little time with them. I work an average of 14 hours a day and don't get paid for even half that time while being often told I "don't do anything." Yes, that's approximately 98 hours a week on average. [shrugs] What else would I do with my time? Spend it with people? People from a society that doesn't appreciate what I do, sold me into indentured servitude called student loans so it could pay lower taxes, and who would shun the real me?  No.... I will live as I will die: alone, because the overwhelming majority of people aren't capable of love and aren't worthy of respect.

That, and I can't just do "close enough." It bugs the shit out of me. Though admittedly not as much as it bugged me when PETA picketed, because I raised rabbits for meat. Humane? Don't care. It's tasty. I gave the PETA people lucky rabbits' feet....

In simple sum, the self destructive thing called humanity effectively exiled the real me decades ago. I assure you; I care very little for it in its current form.

I feel bad for you :/

For fucks sake. You are a lawyer, you get to deal with all the shitdicks. Its a job on the line of a technical supporter, you both get shit from your customers for no fucking reason and have to handle inane shit all the time as for example telling some asshole how to plug in his monitor for the 50th fucking time. You know, its a matter of where you are.
My moms sisters husband is the captain of a Mærsk ship. That guy travels around the world and he seems pretty happy of people, because he meets nice people.
I went to Brazil once, those people down there were the nicest bunch i have ever met, now, if i only got to deal with a village in rural Brazil, i would proably love humanity, because i saw the best of it.
But you, tech supporters like one of my uncles, soldiers like my big brother, you all pull through the shit, daily. You have to fight off law trolls while my brother has to figure out what the hell happended to the half of some child that got blown to hell by a mortar, he has to dogde bullets while being forced to help the same people.

He came home, HATING people.

You should just fucking know that Bay12 is here, i am here. We are all here for you. We all fucking love you and im quite sure we are also a better part of "humanity"

I know that emotion of feeling completely alienated to the rest of humanity. My peers have an average level of education equal to the one of a 12 year old from my dads generation. Those fuckheads dosent even fucking know what democracy is, or even care about it if they have a vague idea of it.(use google translate)
Seriously? Are theese guys really supposed to be functioning members of soceity next year?

All they do, is sit on their flat ass, watching reality TV about who's getting fucked and who's going home to their MAAAMAAAAS. What then? In the bus, all they talk about, is wich dumb slut on TV got caught on IR cam taking the dick under their sheets. And if its not that, its some bullshit like "lol i had sex recently"

O -fucking KAY.

I might be a dumbfuck, humanity might be a dumbfuck, we might all be a dumbfuck.
But if we just sit down rolling our eyes at our fellow retarded animals, we wont be doing a change.. like for example purging all the dumbfucks(Soldaty, V Put! V Put! V Put!(not))

I completely lost my point now.
Still.. it dosent really work just sitting down on your ass and crying. I've tried that and i didnt fly or some shit like that.

So ahem.. let me catch my breath for a moment alright GO!

Theres always the cheeseburgers, they are nice. And the cute girls that serve you the cheeseburgers are nice too, unless its that ugly one that always ends up putting hairs in my burgers too, fuck her. Or rather, dont fuck her, i dont want more of her kind.

So.. my personal opinion about most people? They can go drown in a sea of dicks. BUT! BUT!! BUT!!! BUTT!!!!!1one!!
There are also nice people. Like you. Like most of the people in this thread. Like most on Bay12. Proably theres some random asshole right next to you that hates humanity too.

My advice? Get involved in something. Even if it involves doing horrible ear rape and making batshit awful comics of clipart, griefing games, et-fucking-cetera, if you are doing it with likeminded people..

I DONT FUCKING KNOW

GOOD NIGHT
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58286 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:38 am »

I just can't seem to help detesting people....

Some, very few, have thanked me for what I do. Several others, do not and actively complain more and more....

I didn't get arrested; you did.
I didn't get sued; you did.
I didn't get divorced; you did.

Screaming at the guy who fixes your furnace in the middle of winter because it broke, is asinine. It isn't his fault the furnace went out. He's simply the one fixing it.

I can't help but conclude that human beings (or at least most of them I know) are insane. They would rather complain about a problem, accomplishing nothing, than figure out a way to fix it. No wonder the aliens kill us in every movie (with some exceptions like ET, but still).

I think it's the mentality of 'rather than accept responsibility and take action to fix problems, I'm going to complain and complain and complain until the problem is fixed for me. it's fair because it TOTALLY WASN'T MY FAULT'

The world is full of awesome, caring, quality people. People we pass by every day in silence, and think nothing of. What we notice are those few obnoxious, self-centered assholes, who mind you also have the potential to be caring and quality people, but whom hardship, loss, inability to deal with their problems, or so on have embittered and damaged. In their current state they're a fair bit less-than-quality people, and other people often pay the price until and unless they work out their shit.

Our brains are wired to notice the one bad thing that happens to us in a sea of good to awesome things. It's another behavioral holdover we picked up in our evolution, and helps us focus on taking care of or avoiding those bad things, and thereby better our odds of survival. Don't let this tendency to focus on the worst outliers, as they undergo relatively harder and more stressful life conditions than they may be used to, and/or exhibit negative and downright nasty behavioral states steal the show from the whole of the human race, when we have come so far, achieved so much, and show so much potential for the future.

As for advice? Maybe you could consider another brand of work within your field, maybe for a non-profit or something. A place where you feel appreciated for your time and effort, or feel good about your work. If that's something you need to do to take care of yourself, there's no shame in that. Just make sure it's what you want or need to do first.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:20:15 am by Solifuge »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58287 on: February 20, 2013, 05:52:22 am »

As for advice? Maybe you could consider another brand of work within your field, maybe for a non-profit or something. A place where you feel appreciated for your time and effort, or feel good about your work. If that's something you need to do to take care of yourself, there's no shame in that. Just make sure it's what you want or need to do first.

I second this.  You seem well-suited to do amazing things in service to a cause.  I know you've done some of this already, but maybe there's some way you could get more fully involved in that flavor of work.  Or maybe this is a completely ignorant suggestion.  I don't know.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #58288 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

We can make it if we all stick together! :)

I must raise the point that people who are assholes tend to have had some cause - and - effect to make this happen, i.e. something in their life has caused them to be this way. You don't see this when they wave their bum all over you, but it's generally what's happened, e.g. your friend being pissy with you because he had a giant family argument the night before. It's still not a nice thing to see them doing, but I find if you look at things this way it makes people a bit more bearable.

On the friends issue? That's really a matter of preference. I think there are many people with families / in relationships who also have a disparate view of humanity. Friends, I find, are something that arrange themselves around your life - if you meet people you don't want to be your friends, they aren't. If you do want them to be your friends, then usually they will be, unless something makes you change your mind in the meantime. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58289 on: February 20, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

my modding comp apparently bricked after a blackout

what a shitty surge protector
Pages: 1 ... 3884 3885 [3886] 3887 3888 ... 8167