Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3019 3020 [3021] 3022 3023 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430716 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45300 on: March 30, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »

I caught Impotigo from my 2 year old. Currently weak as a kitten on the sofa. This sucks...
This is a blank sig.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45301 on: March 30, 2012, 01:18:03 pm »

As for him, yeah I'm sure that's part of it, but he's saying the form of my fees itself is the problem.

No, no, no, the fact that you're beating him and charging less is the problem, the form of your fees is merely his attempted route to a solution.

I imagine the biggest problem with that math is that your playing the odds with no fallback. Insurance companies work by being big, and you're essentially working as law insurance, and at lower rates than would be required even under a fairly good market to maintain the average lifestyle expected of you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45302 on: March 30, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »

As for him, yeah I'm sure that's part of it, but he's saying the form of my fees itself is the problem.

No, no, no, the fact that you're beating him and charging less is the problem, the form of your fees is merely his attempted route to a solution.

I imagine the biggest problem with that math is that your playing the odds with no fallback. Insurance companies work by being big, and you're essentially working as law insurance, and at lower rates than would be required even under a fairly good market to maintain the average lifestyle expected of you.

Never attained or maintained the lifestyle expected of me. Catch-22 people expect me to have it but refuse to pay for it through fees until I... have... it.... Similar to, not same as, insurance. They cover you and everyone else they can. I have to turn down conflicts of interest and basically be almost "on call." (Insurance says its on call; it isn't).

I can do X work in a year. The more people I spread the cost over, the less each person pays, but the greater risk I won't be able to do everything I'm supposed to do, or would need to take on clients I've implicitly agreed not to take.... It's about essentially allocating chunks of my time and spreading out my operations capacity over a payment structure for people in a group. Smaller the group, larger payment and smaller risk. Larger the group, smaller payment and bigger risk. In addition to my time, there's operations expenses (excluding labor) and there are unfortunately more expenses than you'd think. 

Meh. Clerk has screwed up several of my deeds and I'm going to have to go fix them. Confound you, woman, you'll be the death of me.... [mumbles and rants for several minutes while fixing typos and blatant incompetence] Don't you look at me like it doesn't matter that there's a 3 inch margin on the top of the first page and a 1.5 inch margin on the top of every page after the first. The county recorder charges you $20 if you don't have that, PER DEED! They use a transparent plastic little sheet and put it over the deed and if your text starts above or on the line it's $20. [more mumbling, unconfirmed grumbling, certainly fixing bumbling, more mumbling and confirmed grumbling this time :P].
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:49:37 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45303 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:29 pm »

Meh. Clerk has screwed up several of my deeds and I'm going to have to go fix them. Confound you, woman, you'll be the death of me.... [mumbles and rants for several minutes while fixing typos and blatant incompetence] Don't you look at me like it doesn't matter that there's a 3 inch margin on the top of the first page and a 1.5 inch margin on the top of every page after the first. The county recorder charges you $20 if you don't have that, PER DEED! They use a transparent plastic little sheet and put it over the deed and if your text starts above or on the line it's $20. [more mumbling, unconfirmed grumbling, certainly fixing bumbling, more mumbling and confirmed grumbling this time :P].

That's... that's ridiculous!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45304 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

That's... that's ridiculous!

You rang? :P

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/317.114
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:01:49 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45305 on: March 30, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

To anyone worried about me being missing. There's some things going on with my sister, and I can't really stick myself in one spot at the moment.

Hopefully Ill be able to get details to my friends later as well as spend some time with them. As for now I got stuff I need to do.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45306 on: March 30, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

Going to basic. Gonna miss my cats.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45307 on: March 31, 2012, 06:07:22 am »

I'm back! Unfortunately I'm also horribly ill. There is nothing worse than having to travel about while being achy, coughing, and sneezing,

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45308 on: March 31, 2012, 06:26:33 am »

Travelling while having stomach flu.

Had to go 6 hours with it a couple of years ago, and to top it off the damn car broke down and added a few hours. At least I didn't have to drive myself.
Love, scriver~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #45309 on: March 31, 2012, 11:36:57 am »

To anyone worried about me being missing. There's some things going on with my sister, and I can't really stick myself in one spot at the moment.

Hopefully Ill be able to get details to my friends later as well as spend some time with them. As for now I got stuff I need to do.
I've been starting to wonder. Good luck, Janet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45310 on: March 31, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »

Travelling while having stomach flu.
Had to go 6 hours with it a couple of years ago, and to top it off the damn car broke down and added a few hours. At least I didn't have to drive myself.
Driving with a stomach flu?  That's impossible.  Do you stop at a restroom every 20 minutes or are you a god.
I CANT READ

Yeah I had to do a 2 hour drive with my Dad and I was not doing so hot, amazingly I didn't hurl but I still had to calm down in the bathroom...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #45311 on: March 31, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »

So, that English immersion course nearby did not come through. Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I need to improve my accent if I hope to go abroad. However, I was feeling kind of lazy about it, though.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #45312 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

ridiculous workload today... have done a solid 8 hour's work in 3.5... ready to throw myself in front of a truck
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45313 on: March 31, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

JESUS CHRIST FUCK YOU ATLANTIC SEA I WANT TO BE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND ;(

Jesus christ, long distance relationships really toy alot with your emotions.. good thing we are working on turning that long distance short/nonexistant :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #45314 on: March 31, 2012, 09:39:47 pm »

My OCD is starting to manifest itself in compulsive alphabetization.  I really hope this is a temporary thing because it's annoying, both to do and to find stuff afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 3019 3020 [3021] 3022 3023 ... 8167