Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439479 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45090 on: March 24, 2012, 12:58:57 am »

Roommate's girlfriend is drunk and passed out on my floor right now. Hopefully the open window clears away the smell of vomit.

Roll her on her side so she doesn't choke to death.  That'd really stink up the place.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45091 on: March 24, 2012, 01:03:56 am »

And, uh, maybe throw a towel or 5 under her head, just in case there's a round 2.

I'm not good at dealing with these sorts of situations, you might be able to tell.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45092 on: March 24, 2012, 01:10:07 am »

And make sure to position her arms so she can't just roll back and choke to death on her own vomit.

I've heard that it's a subpar way to end a night on the town.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45093 on: March 24, 2012, 01:37:30 am »

In the last 4 hours I've felt like no one wanted to talk to me, had a massive falling out with a friend, nearly damaged some things out of frustration, and had a talk going well to patch things up with said friend interrupted by a thunderstorm. Right after a day spent by myself to the point that I feel like I've been awake 3 days straight.

March 23rd, you probably fall right into worst day in recent history for me. If not competing for worst day I've ever had.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45094 on: March 24, 2012, 02:16:20 am »

Well, you can always talk to us! :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45095 on: March 24, 2012, 02:19:12 am »

I will mail you a hug. You'll have to wait a while whilst I figure out how to springload these mannequin arms.

In less silliness, that is rough. I hope tomorrow is better. Good luck!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #45096 on: March 24, 2012, 04:36:20 am »

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 mod crashes after visiting merchant. This was supposed to be stable version! :'(
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45097 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:03 am »

Wanted to try out King Arthur's Gold, but my registration email must have been mistyped or something. :(

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45098 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:23 am »

Roommate's girlfriend is drunk and passed out on my floor right now. Hopefully the open window clears away the smell of vomit.

Roll her on her side so she doesn't choke to death.  That'd really stink up the place.

Thankfully my roommate took care of all that stuff. Guy deserves some kind of medal.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45099 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:02 am »

I can feel the whir through my beeeeedddddddd.

Frakking fan. Thing. Or whatever the hell's loose in this damn laptop. Soon as th'bloody technical manual gets sent (*checks* Ah, it's sent. Okay!), it's laptop disassembly time.

Because my bones are humming lightly and this is driving me up the wall.
Plus: Laptop back together and at least temporarily functioning.

Minus: Look at quote timestamp. Look at this post timestamp. I just finished putting the damn thing back together. Did sleep between and there was a few hours break in there while waiting on a dremel, but other than that I've been spending the whole bloody time tinkering with this bloody machine.

Minus: There was a dremel involved.

Minus: I have more screws than I started out with. Despite basically demolishing a screw in the process.

Minus: Laptop's keyboard isn't quite on right anymore.

Minus: Fucking. Whir. Still. There.

Minus: Whir is now anemic sounding and strangely intermittent, which probably means nothing good.

Frumple is not particularly happy right now. It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but gwargh, seriously.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45100 on: March 24, 2012, 11:27:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anything that actually recquired a DREMEL to fix in the first place probably didn't need fixing at all... Especially something as engineered as a laptop. Unless of course you bought the shitty foreign discount version.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45101 on: March 24, 2012, 11:58:33 am »

Nah, there was a badly stripped screw that needed to come out. Dremel was for cutting notch in screw so it could come out.

Also cut a bit of a notch in the case, but eh. Wasn't anything important in that part of the laptop :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45102 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:04 pm »

Internet is choppy. Spent the afternoon waiting for it to return.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45103 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:30:31 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45104 on: March 24, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »

The sheer frequency of bullshit that happens to or near you Truean is frankly astonishing.
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 8167