Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447369 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35535 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:54 pm »

I'm no doctor, but you should probably get your gall bladder removed if that's the case. It's not like it's all that vital to have one anyway, certainly not if it's breeding stones constantly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35536 on: August 18, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »

I'm no doctor, but I don't thing gallstones and kidneystones are related.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35537 on: August 18, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »

Oh god kidney stones. I've passed 3 and I don't know if I still have more kicking around inside me still. There's so much other horrible experiences I'd rather feel than ever passing a stone again. Unlike pretty much everything else in life, I'd rather DIE than pass another kidney stone.

And I'm a masochist at that.

Oh, and gallstones and kidney stones are different, and in some cases a lack of a gall bladder can cause MORE kidney stones. So no you aren't any doctor. Best bet to avoid more is to stay hydrated, find out what makes your stones, and make diet changes according.

In other news. I give up! Someone please tell me where the files I need for FCOM are since I have no idea if I just need BSAs or if I need ESPs or whatever and aaaauuugggggggghhhh.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35538 on: August 18, 2011, 10:19:48 pm »

I'm no doctor, but I don't thing gallstones and kidneystones are related.
Oh. Right.

See, this is a prime example why you shouldn't accept medical advice from random jackasses on the internet. Bad things happen.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35539 on: August 18, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

Really though, there's so many causes of kidney stones you're best off going to see a doctor. If they can find out what they're made of you might have some options for reducing the amount you'll make if not outright stopping them.

Importantly, STAY HYDRATED. Make sure you're drinking a lot, not to pass them, but acute dehydration (Including over the night if all you drink is soda and you spend some of the night dehydrated while sleeping) will make even more. Also cranberry juice can help make passing them easier and make healing of your urinary tract after passing them faster.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35540 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:53 pm »

Random amputations and assorted -ectomies are surely healthy! Take it from me, a biology graduate going to work at a hospital ideally.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35541 on: August 18, 2011, 10:25:29 pm »

Erm... Is it true that kidney stones are more painful than childbirth?

Anyway, I'm sad because I've done something to my knee and it's becoming hard to walk. Not because of pain, because of my knee not "working" properly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35542 on: August 18, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »

Random amputations and assorted -ectomies are surely healthy! Take it from me, a biology graduate going to work at a hospital ideally.
If you cut out all of your vestigial organs, you'll have plenty of rooms for performance enhancing implants! Once they are invented, anyway.
Erm... Is it true that kidney stones are more painful than childbirth?
Supposedly, they are the most painful thing. Of everything. Or so I am told.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35543 on: August 18, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »

Think of it this way. A kidney stone is a sharp little ball of hate that insists on forcing it's way through some of the most sensitive orifices in your body. ONES THAT CANT GROW RELIABLY BECAUSE OF SPACE CONCERNS.

They also like to block sphincters in your kidneys, VERY painful shit there. And while in there they like to bump the sides with their little spikeys and make you bleed.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35544 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »

Really though, there's so many causes of kidney stones you're best off going to see a doctor. If they can find out what they're made of you might have some options for reducing the amount you'll make if not outright stopping them.

Importantly, STAY HYDRATED. Make sure you're drinking a lot, not to pass them, but acute dehydration (Including over the night if all you drink is soda and you spend some of the night dehydrated while sleeping) will make even more. Also cranberry juice can help make passing them easier and make healing of your urinary tract after passing them faster.
Yeah, the hospital referred me to a urologist who is going to call me back about an appointment.

I'm going to be making some dietary changes already since my mom has experience with kidney stones, and has various do's and don't of prevention and stuff. I already almost exclusively drink water (and coffee...), but I am definitely going to be raising my intake of it.

And I've seen various places on the internet that do say kidney stones are more painful than childbirth, yes. I can now strongly empathize with women going into labor. This seems to be the benefit of going through this, because I can't find any others.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #35545 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:31 pm »

My university's passwords have to be alphanumeric characters... And here I was going to do something clever with alt codes. Are they trying to make it easy to dictionary crack passwords? >_<

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35546 on: August 18, 2011, 11:29:17 pm »

* Janet sighs.

I'm realizing some of my friends have been missing for most of the day... I hope everything is fine. I'm worried sick...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35547 on: August 18, 2011, 11:58:08 pm »

Things that would have saved me a lot of pain in various fights:

Knowing I could access lower-level elements at any time.

Fuck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #35548 on: August 19, 2011, 02:46:26 am »

Forgot I had to get up today. As a result, only a few hours sleep. Had fun playing ARMA2, though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35549 on: August 19, 2011, 03:23:36 am »

My old mixing board is too old to work with my modern OS~ :<
Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 ... 8167