Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2367 2368 [2369] 2370 2371 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446496 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35520 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »

It appears a single set of legal encyclopedias for research costs about $11,000 before tax. Hum.
This would make starting a practice difficult. O well.

MaximumZero cancels jaw-drop: Head exploded.

http://west.thomson.com/ohio-jurisprudence-3d/1598/14101487/productdetail
One of the many reasons lawyers cost so much.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #35521 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »

The Prime Minister of Denmark :<

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35522 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »

There are times I'm glad that I strive not to conflate my self-identity with the identity of a nation, and one of those times is thinking about how much the United States contributed to the Holocaust.
Realize that by now most of the wars recently were fueled by Americans, dunno much of the Bosnian stuff but all of the shit from the first Iraqi war came from us including the genocides with chemicals provided graciously.
Unless you can explain to me how Soviet military hardware and Soviet-manufactured nerve gas was provided by a NATO power that doesn't even maintain stocks of Soviet-designed equipment, I'm going to call bullshit on that. Most of the claims of American involvement in the Holocaust are vastly distorted anyway.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35523 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:42 pm »

This is my last night of summer vacation, and tomorrow's my first day of High School.   :( During the beginning of the school years, I always get constantly nervous for my first week, such as: Will I accidentily oversleep? Is this the wrong day to go to the bus stop? Where's my locker?  :-\ Did I just lose my Schedule!?  :o

And what if My freshman year becomes another 6th Grade? The almost-constant bullying, the fear of being late to class when you are going for perfect attendance, the HARD homework, the lunch food, and even the fact that my twin bro won't be in the same classes with me, not even in lunch.

In short: I am fucking scared shitless right now.  :'(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35524 on: August 18, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »

Wow, suddenly... nostalgia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35525 on: August 18, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »

Highschool isn't too bad and the homework's pretty easy, in my opinion. I know how you feel, though.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35526 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:00 pm »

High school was a lot better for me than Jr. High/Middle School. 7th/8th grade is the pinnacle of bullying, and it seemed to drop off from there. The homework was so easy that I didn't bother doing it most of the time, and only ever failed a class because a teacher demanded perfect organization and I refused to cooperate. On the plus side, you get to pick your own electives!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35527 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06:32 pm »

I spent a whole 6 months in high school, most of that I was sick as a dog and missed most of my classes. I seriously think I missed out on the best years of my life.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35528 on: August 18, 2011, 09:14:16 pm »

I am... Really overwhelmed with just what I'm supposed to GET to get FCOM setup. Why don't any of these lists just have direct links!

* Janet eeeps
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35529 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:23 pm »

Gah, I did another exam badly. Though less badly than the one before that. And it might be somewhat biased since I finished the last 80 questions in a sleep-deprived rush. So it might well have been closer to my more normal results from two weeks ago. I've been somewhat broken the last few days and I worry about getting stuck....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35530 on: August 18, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »

So I passed a kidney stone today. I am actually very happy that I passed it; It was the most excruciatingly painful experience of my life.

What makes me VERY sad: The CT scan/X-ray shows that I have a number of them left. All waiting. So yeah. Going to see a urologist soon about them.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35531 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:02 pm »

High school was one of the better times of my life  :o  Sure it had its issues, but all my friends suddenly became a million times cooler.  And a bit more mature.  A bit.  Anyway, it felt like a far more positive experience than junior high.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35532 on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »

So I passed a kidney stone today.

What grade did you get?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35533 on: August 18, 2011, 10:11:48 pm »

So I passed a kidney stone today.

What grade did you get?
If we're counting average pain levels as higher marks than we can score it thusly:

Hour 1: 10/10
Hour 2: 10/10
Hour 3: 9/10
Hour 4: 10/10
Hour 5: 7/10
Hour 6: 10/10

56/60

93%
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35534 on: August 18, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »

A for agony, I suppose. Hope they can get those additional stones taken care of; I hear there's some non-invasive techniques that involve ultrasonic vibrations to break them down, but I am not sure if I'm misremembering that. At any rate, good luck. Such stones suck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2367 2368 [2369] 2370 2371 ... 8167