Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9445270 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #35565 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46:39 am »

Florina the Pegasus(riding) Knight just got swiftly and surely violated by a spontaneous group of axemen.

Goddamn Fire Emblem.
The GBA one? It can be so harsh in places. I really disliked having to buy new weapons. I think I'm stuck on a side quest fairly far through the game. I just can't bare to loose a character.

Yeah, the GBA one. I don't mind losing people, if it's my fault. I do mind losing people if it's because the game decided to spawn 3+ units all of which can reach and rape whichever character before I can get them out of trouble.

Well, except for Kent and Sain, but only because those two are unkillable war-bastards who laugh at arrows and can reliably beat most things even with a weapon type disadvantage.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:48:21 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35566 on: August 19, 2011, 10:22:00 am »

Fleh, feeling absolutely crap.
And my stomach hurts like fuck. feels like I've been stabbed. ><
*Hugs*

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #35567 on: August 19, 2011, 12:28:43 pm »

What game is that Akigagak?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35568 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:48 pm »

Fire Emblem 7. Rekka no Ken in Japanese.

Y'know, the one most non-japanese got familiar with the franchise, bar Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35569 on: August 19, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »

I think every non-Japanese entry has pulled a number of people into familiarity with the franchise. Though, I was one of the ones who came aboard during the Rekka no Ken era. First game I ever ROM hacked, back when it was first popular in the fandom, actually.

*nostalgia trip*
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35570 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:54 pm »

My future suddenly looks very unclear. Details later.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35571 on: August 19, 2011, 01:27:09 pm »

It appears a single set of legal encyclopedias for research costs about $11,000 before tax. Hum.
This would make starting a practice difficult. O well.

MaximumZero cancels jaw-drop: Head exploded.

http://west.thomson.com/ohio-jurisprudence-3d/1598/14101487/productdetail
One of the many reasons lawyers cost so much.

...how many actual books are there in that? Because as far as I can tell from the description, it looks like two, but that can't be right.

Edit: 120 of them. And "Ohio Jurisprudence 3d 2011 Pocket Part " is $2,439, on its own.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:28:50 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #35572 on: August 19, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »

[totallymissingthepoint]A 3D law book? I'll wait till the normal version comes out, those movies give me headaches.[/totallymissingthepoint]
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35573 on: August 19, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »

Where did Shadowdump go? .<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #35574 on: August 19, 2011, 04:09:37 pm »

Where did Shadowdump go? .<
Maybe he just took a day off of the internet? It's only been 19 hours since he's last been on steam, really.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35575 on: August 19, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »

If that was the case I think he would of told me something beforehand... Always has. This is odd. And worrying .<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35576 on: August 19, 2011, 04:27:56 pm »

I remember this happening before and him being fine... I dunno, sometimes you just end up busy in the evening.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35577 on: August 19, 2011, 05:52:01 pm »

It appears a single set of legal encyclopedias for research costs about $11,000 before tax. Hum.
This would make starting a practice difficult. O well.

MaximumZero cancels jaw-drop: Head exploded.

http://west.thomson.com/ohio-jurisprudence-3d/1598/14101487/productdetail
One of the many reasons lawyers cost so much.

...how many actual books are there in that? Because as far as I can tell from the description, it looks like two, but that can't be right.

Edit: 120 of them. And "Ohio Jurisprudence 3d 2011 Pocket Part " is $2,439, on its own.

The "pocket part," is a set of little books you put in the back of the encyclopedia that show you updated cases. :)

Yups, this is a lot of what I do. People don't understand why it takes lawyers hours to research things; nothing, nothing is simple.

First you read a couple hundred pages, then you read all the cases they refer you to and the cases the cases refer you to while checking to see if those cases have been overruled, etc, etc, etc. Then you draft a memorandum to keep all of this crap straight, then you draft and file pleadings, discovery requests/responses, motions, settlement prep/trial prep.... Even this is an oversimplification. This doesn't even count reviewing the facts, the paperwork supporting it, the notices from court and papers from opposing counsel. It is no exaggeration to say I read well over 4,000 pages a day at work. [tired].

Did I mention you need other sets of books like these, like one for other areas like case ledgers, federal, etc (remember, this was only for one state) [headdesk]. The computerized version costs over $1000/month from Lexis Nexis. Trying to work in law without these things is like trying to fix a car without tools. It doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work well :).
[ends rant]

Simply, there are a million pitfalls and I can't allow myself to fall through any of them. No pressure but the client wants all this shit yesterday and doesn't understand/want to pay a bill... :P.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:55:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35578 on: August 19, 2011, 06:11:12 pm »

From the HP Newsroom:

...As part of the transformation, HP announced that its board of directors has authorized the exploration of strategic alternatives for the company's Personal Systems Group. HP will consider a broad range of options that may include, among others, a full or partial separation of PSG from HP through a spin-off or other transaction. (See accompanying press release.)

HP will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad and webOS phones. The devices have not met internal milestones and financial targets. HP will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward.

So, yeah, future is highly uncertain all of the sudden, considering that PSG is practically the only group in HP that I represent.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35579 on: August 19, 2011, 06:12:43 pm »

what's a Personal Systems Group?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 8167